[OT] Guidance on the MS coast - Real Estate | FerrariChat

[OT] Guidance on the MS coast - Real Estate

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by BigTex, Jun 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hey,
    Hoping some folks can help with this.
    My brother recently advised:
    "You need to get, to where you want to end up."

And that's damn sure not planted in his north 40 acreage, although the Texas sunsets are nice..

So my Realtor, in Biloxi, MS says the property there my Uncle designed and once owned, Pelican Cay, rarely changes hands, although she had some recent sales comps from last year. She was REALLY surprised I knew so much about the coast there, and when I mentioned living next to "100 Men Hall" and sitting in with the band, she said:
    "I can make that happen".....

So, what are you guy's thoughts?
    Pass Christian, pretty close to beach front, (see Hall location) maybe I can rent bikes and give Sunfish sailing lessons....Used Record Shop??, also thinking a Recording Studio to let anyone related to a Hall Show lay down some tracks, if so inclined.

Apparently the closest open surf is all the way to Dauphine Island GA?
    That's a shame if so, I enjoy the Galveston and other Texas breaks....

Give me the low down, I'm coming to JOIN you! as Fred Sanford often said!!
    TIA

2. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I d have reservations about a Ferrari and my life's collection of music and vintage Ferrari memorabilia at such a low storm surge elevation.
    That would be the ONLY reason to bite the bullet and go for an upper level unit, at Pelican Cay!

I think they had to put The Hall back in place, after,....Hurricane Camille????

I guess I could plant some of it in Baton Rouge, LA
    I notice the LA Section of our chat seems frozen in amber....:D :D :D

3. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    My friend lived in pass Christian. He had to evacuate at the last hurricane. The place was leveled. He said coming back seeing bodies in the water was something he’d never. Forget.
    We both owned vipers at the time. One of the major car mags did An article about flood damaged cars. There was a picture of his wrecked viper up in a tree.

BigTex likes this.
  4. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    My wife and I are from the Coast. I'm from Gulfport and she's from Bay St Louis. Having lived pretty much all over the Coast, the best place we lived was Diamondhead. It's the state's newest incorporated city and has great amenities. Country Club, private airport, two 18 hole golf courses, etc. The best part is it's affordable and is the "richest" community on the Coast. It also has the highest elevation, which isn't saying much.

The reason for no breaking surf is the barrier islands forming a breakfront. Hop in a boat, go to the islands and you have blue water and surf.

We loved it there, but the downside is it's Africa hot and humid about seven months of the year.

BigTex likes this.
  5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thanks to all!!

Yes, I was joshing about the surf, maybe a Hobie 18 to get me "to the waterfront".

Waveland was pretty much destroyed in Katrina.
    I guess I would have to adopt the "Take one look and leave it all" of the Galveston natives,

Ok then definately need to combine this venture with "safe haven" in BR!!