OT- First Delivered Bugatti? | FerrariChat

OT- First Delivered Bugatti?

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by FerrariWA, Oct 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    I have seen pics of a white on blueish silver Vayron getting deliveried to someone in Cali. Anyone knows who this could be and if its the first one to be deliveried.

2. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    It wasn't being delivered - the car was just a demonstrator that had come down after Pebble Beach and was being shown to prospective customers at the Ritz Carlton in Pasadena. A member here took the photos.

http://homepage.mac.com/arlingwang/PhotoAlbum118.html

>8^)
    ER

3. AGNRDARNETW

AGNRDARNETW Formula Junior

May 13, 2005
    Earth
  4. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    i very much enjoy it in that color combo, would love to see it all black....with red calipers....

5. caballorojo

caballorojo Karting

Mar 8, 2005
    The car is well outragous but it is not something that makes you want to stare at it for hours on end like a Stradale, or even that Carrera Gt that is in that group of pictures. Well even though I wouldn't own more than one of one car and would rather have a variety but wouldn't three Carrera GT's in different colors be just so exciting sitting in your garage for the same price.
    I don't want to start a thread where I want to know what you would rather have because there is a thousand different things to do with over a million dollars but more if you would in actuallity spend the money on that car. Yes, the car is just super or beyond super fast but there is more than just rocket speed in a sports car like sound, visual, function, etc. etc.
    I have a thought I am trying to put down but it is not coming out the way I am brewing it in my head. Feel free to add to this and hear your opinion's.

6. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This car honestly puts me to sleep. I've never seen it turn a lap at speed without getting out of control and it's got no pedigree.

Sure, 1000hp is great.. but to me it's like the difference between the World's Strongest Man competitors and a professional bodybuilder- one is lifting boulders over his head while the other is posing for photographs in a speedo. Who would you want on your side in a bar fight?

7. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl
    It supposidly turned a lap of 7.30 flat at the nurburgring the the people who tested it said the production model was extremely stable at highspeed

8. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface

Very nicely put.....agree 100%.

Mark

9. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #9 CMY, Oct 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    30-40 cars have been sold so far. There are at least 10 free spots for the 2006 model. The first car will be shipped to an American customer. Chassis #7 will be delivered to Ursula Piech.

11. Retro11s

Retro11s Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2004
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Something about it just looks wrong to me....maybe it's the rear spoiler...have seen something similar on too many Honda's and Acura's...looks kind of cheap and junkie...although I do understand the functional requirement for a car with that much horsepower and that much top speed...I don't know....car just leaves me cold...

12. giago

giago Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Giago
    LOL
    I agree with you too.

13. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    A gentleman from the Tampa Bay area that has an 80+ car collection, and races various cars, ordered a Veyron. During his test drive, he felt that the Veyron at 150MPH felt like his race prepared MiniCooperS at half that speed. No issues what so ever.

Every road test I have read about this supercar states it is the most incredible automobile ever produced. Its handling is supposedly steller. At speeds over 200MPH it is rock steady. None of the problems of the test vehicles.

If given the opportunity, and the money, I would buy a Veyron in a heartbeat. Bugatti blue and silver, thank you.

14. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    ^ Don Wallace?

15. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Sources near Molsheim in France say that Michael Schumacher is the first customer to get his Veyron....will have to wait and see if it's true! MS also had one of the EB110 Supersport models back in the nineties, a yellow one!!!

Best regards

Carsten

16. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    That car was sent to the US to break the World speed record for production cars.....and so it did at 415 KM/h! :)

17. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Ohhhh LOL....that was years ago, and kind of old news :) Back then the car was still not through the development phase! The picture is from Laguna Seca and the pictures went arround the World with headlines saying that the car was a huge mistake and a failure! ...... Now, try to read some of the magazines from the past months! They all put to shame the headlines from back then.....I wonder why???
    I also wonder why Michael Schumacher have ordered such a failure??? ;)

18. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    The Bugatti looks like a fast bar of soap.

19. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

Interesting. I would have thought that Ferrari wouldn't allow that. I guess we'll see...

20. schumacher12345

schumacher12345 Karting

Jun 3, 2004
    I dont think ferrari will alow schumacher to get bugatti...if you remember last year the race of champions that was held in france the commentators pointed out that schumi was only allowed to drive the 360GT and that buggey looking car and was not allowed under ferrari contract to drive the citroen rally car or the peugot so i think that is it unlikely that he will get the bugatti...

21. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    That's in competition. I'm sure they didn't want to have MS run a faster lap in the rally car than he did in the 360GT.

As far as road cars go I'd doubt his contract has anything that would exclude him driving another manufacturers product. I'd also think MS gets whatever he wants in this regard. I mean what are they really going to do if he gets one? Ferrari needs MS more than MS needs Ferrari.

22. lionsfan54

lionsfan54 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    I'll still take a McLaren F1 six ways from Sunday over this thing. The simple, elegant "solution" is much more appealing and raw.

23. schumacher12345

schumacher12345 Karting

Jun 3, 2004
    it may not look great but the speed blows any other production car ever built

24. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Heck, they probably bought it for him!

Not to mention, their engineers will probably have some fun with it.