OT: Alignment and wheel shops in Denver | FerrariChat

OT: Alignment and wheel shops in Denver

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by sandersja, Apr 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sandersja

sandersja Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    John Sanders
    Since moving to Denver a few years ago I have not been able to identify a good alignment shop and/or a good wheel mounting/balancing shop. Not necessarily for Ferrari, but for other high performance road cars. One that has good equipment and spends the necessary time to do a good job. The places I have been to so far have been disappointing. For balancing, some of the better shops I have been to in other cities used a dynamic balancer to spin the mounted wheel on the car and "touch up" the job that the spin-balance machine does.

Any recommendations are appreciated. The south-Denver area is most convenient for me.

2. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Discount Tire has a good rep in C. Springs and I know some of the guys use it up near you.

3. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

I ordered new tires for my 355 on Saturday through a contact at Discount Tire here in Central Denver who was recommended to me by another Fchatter. He is going to mount the tires on my new Speedline Challenge wheels (silver ones, not white) and will put them on the car. We went over all the details in advance: i.e. be very careful with the wheels and the car. Any kind of scratch is going to make me very mad. This guy has done many high end cars, including F cars, and will do all the work himself. The tires should be in within the week and I will let you know how it goes. However, I am very impressed with things so far. He seems to be as concerned about my car and wheels as I am, which is very important. PM me if you want his name and number.

4. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    For mounting & balancing, I have used the Discount Tire store in Highlands Ranch. Pay extra to get balanced using the machine that puts road load weight on it, it makes a difference. I believe most, if not all the stores have the equipment for this. Chains pretty much all have equipment that does not scratch wheels anymore when mounting tires.

For alignments, I have used the goodyear store on Hamden near Santa Fe. I have had several Fcars aligned there on Mike Dopudja's recommendation. Be sure to bring specs with you and most, if not all Fcars, call for full gas and weights added during alignment. Cost was about 75.

Dave