Osama El-Atari found murdered | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Osama El-Atari found murdered

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by toggie, Feb 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I may move to Annapolis, gets me closer to the beach so I can do more fishing. ��

2. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    I'm on the Severn River 6 miles north of Annapolis. Great location to grab a cigar, glass of port, and drown bait. I go seven days a week in-season 🎣

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

3. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #78 toggie, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Third person arrested for murder of Osama El Atari.
    Starting to sound like it was a pre-planned murder instead of just a robbery.

3rd Suspect Arrested for Convicted Loudoun Restauranteur's Murder

3rd Suspect Arrested for Convicted Loudoun Restauranteur's Murder.

Donald Deon Clay, 48, of Manassas, has been arrested for the murder of former Leesburg resident and Ashburn restauranteur Osama El-Atari.

Ashburn, VA
    By Sharon Reed (Patch Staff) - March 29, 2016 7:18 pm ET

LOUDOUN COUNTY, VA: A third suspect, Donald Deon Clay, 48, of Manassas, has been arrested for the targeted robbery and murder of former Leesburg resident and Ashburn restauranteur Osama El-Atari, according to the Prince George's County Police Department (PGPD).

Osama El-Atari, 37, was found shot to death in his pickup truck in Upper Marlboro, MD on Feb. 13. He had spent time in prison for stealing more than $50 million from banks.

Patrol officers were called to the 9000 block of Armstrong Lane in Upper Marlboro, where El-Atari was found inside a pickup truck suffering from a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead on the scene.

Investigators say one of the men shot El-Atari, then robbed him and fled.

In the most recent arrest, Clay was charged with first- and second-degree murder.

Police say Clay conspired with two other suspects -- Eric Garris, 29, of Waldorf and 26-year-old Taqwa Muhammad, 26, of Lusby -- to rob the victim.

Both Garris and Muhammad were charged with first-degree murder and second-degree murder in February. All three suspects are in the custody of the Department of Corrections on a no-bond status.

Picture of the 3rd Suspect named Donald Deon Clay of Manassas.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    #79 fou, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  5. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    That was a very interesting article. Thanks for the link!

6. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    Thanks, I come from a waterman family. My grandfather was an oysterman and my other side basically owned the Outerbanks by Kings charter from way back in the early 1700s. We sold it off over the years until it has become the red neck beach place it is now. Even my mother used to summer at the Bodie Island lighthouse because her uncle was the light keeper before the park service took it over. Hahaha

I got to give a shout out to that JO spice from Maryland. I grew up on Old Bay with my crabs. That stuff from Maryland takes it to another level.

But Maryland has to thank us Virginians for their crabs.

7. cheny4

cheny4 Karting

Feb 15, 2009
    No VA
    Full Name:
    Cheny Y.
    Boy this thread went in all sorts of directions: Murder, fraud, whistleblowing, unemployment, cuisine, taxation, Ferraris, patriotism (state), patriotism (federal), religion, cigars. I'm sure I've missed a couple. Do you all open a window in your garage when runnning your engine? :)

8. Wellcraft290

Wellcraft290 Rookie

Jul 29, 2016
    Sad? Geez sounds like a real scum bag. He was probably trying to rob the three guys and got shot in self defense

9. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Well, just go watch The First 48 sometime. Great show.

10. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #85 toggie, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Some more information in this news article from July 28, 2016.

The people that shot Osama were trying to force an online money transfer from Osama's foreign bank account to theirs.
    They believed Osama had millions of dollars hidden in a foreign bank account.

Article also says there is a 4th person involved that hasn't been arrested yet.
    The three arrested so far are:
    - Donald Clay (48 years old, from Manassas, VA),
    - Taqwa Muhammad (26, from Lusby, MD), and
    - Eric Garris (29, from Temple Hills, MD).

The King of Ashburn: The Life and Murder of Con Man Osama El-Atari | Washington City Paper

11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    What a story?

12. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

No way I can tell the wife the truth about her Maryland blue crabs.
    And I'm heading to the J.O. spice store asap. Just down the road.

J.O. Spice Retail Store Baltimore Maryland

13. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Someone should make a movie...