Original gift or fake? | FerrariChat

Original gift or fake?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Mafas, Dec 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mafas

Mafas Rookie

Dec 27, 2020
    #1 Mafas, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Hi everyone, help appreciated!
    Below is an 812 Superfast.
    I am not an owner but an model collector and I got my hand on one of these. It still has not arrived but from other pics I can tell its a customised model because for this model producer the brake caliper color is "wrong". The pic has a 6 digit chassis number and from what I can tell is made at the end of assembly line, from what the internet tells me its the final check step. Previous owner bought it at an flea market, no Idea how it got there.
    Please let me know if this is an original? Also any chance to find the current owner thru ferrari club? Maybe she or he would like to buy it back. I am in Germany.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    It’s real for certain.
    Maybe contact your nearest Ferrari dealer and give them the chassis number [ they only need the last 6 ] and they may be able to reach out to the owner or owners dealer to see if he/she wants it, and then get back to you.

They often do not match the car, but are supposed to.

3. Mafas

Mafas Rookie

Dec 27, 2020
    Thanks for the input, I was thinking maybe the car was sold without it or something like that and I presume most owners would love something like this.
    If not than it will stay in my collection.

4. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
  5. Mafas

Mafas Rookie

Dec 27, 2020
    Thanks Jas and Wheels1 for the replys. I bought today a second one from the same buyer on ebay, a Portofino, they were bought together and I spared no cost to keep them together. Like two twins given to adoption. I am a big car fan, big is probably an understatement, huge actually, I really love cars, looking at them enjoy driving any of them. I find it very sad that the original cars lost the model, or the owner did, whatever happened it makes me sad. I went much over my budget for a single model to get them because I kind of hope to reunite them one day with the original cars and I hope cars are now with a owner that cares. I only recently started collecting.
    I wonder what really happened, since they are together, second one is a Portofino maybe the owner has a bunch of ferraris and does not care anymore. If thats the case I hope they make it to a new home because thats also sad.
    In any case models are now safe, maybe one day we reunite then, would be poetic, lets see. :) If I am an owner I would love every single one of them, pure love.
    Does any of this make sence? Maybe. Am I crazy? For sure. You can tell me if any of this makes sense.

6. SanVincenzo

SanVincenzo Rookie

Apr 4, 2018
    Has Ferrari changed what they provide with new 812 purchase?
    My 812, arrived in USA during summer 2020 and came with a model/key holder for your desk and artwork of the 812. Nothing like what you have shown in a display case.

7. Mafas

Mafas Rookie

Dec 27, 2020
    Hi, as much as I have dug up in my research it was supplied as early as 2014 till sometime beggining 2019 with various iterations, display case like this one beeing the most luxurious, meaning if you compare it with 812 model years very few received one. Could you please take a photo of what you received? It would be very interesting.

8. Mafas

Mafas Rookie

Dec 27, 2020
    P.s. some also say it arrives "months" after the car, so might be that you still get one, only your dealership would know for sure.

9. dolphins08430

dolphins08430 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2011

Hello-
    I would like to buy the model if you’re interested in selling it? I have the exact match of that car.
    Thanks.

10. Mafas

Mafas Rookie

Dec 27, 2020
    Hi, let me think about it. I still have not received the delivery, what I can do is first send you the pics after I receive it because these from the original seller are very bad quality. Is there a mail adress where I can contact you and we can take it from there?

11. SanVincenzo

SanVincenzo Rookie

Apr 4, 2018
    Sorry for the delayed response and the quick photo quality.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Mafas

Mafas Rookie

Dec 27, 2020
    #12 Mafas, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Thanks for the update. Looks cool but it is more like a cool key holder for home. It usage is also something else than what one can do with the 1to1 model, maybe the model still comes, fingers crossed. Its also possible that in some corporate cost cutting frenzy they really canceled the models as I have been reading. In the model world what you have in the key holder is generic model which is like couple of dosen eur and other one is a premium resin models with fantastic details of exterior and interior hand made/assembled in Italy or Europe so they do cost a lot to be custom made plus the paperweight box and rest but I do understand you owners since its also great to have the model in humidor in office or at home as super cool conversation starter and else. If I had the real thing I would definetly keep it in my office it would look supercool on my desk, and then I can also have something to do during some of the long boring online meetings. :) Hm would be also cool at home when friends come over.

13. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Months?? Try years!! Local dealer got some car models dating back to 2012 just last month!!!

14. Mafas

Mafas Rookie

Dec 27, 2020
    It goes in line with the hand made in Italy. :D Jokes aside although it does take some time for the custom model years is a bit long and they can work on their supply chain...

15. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Be aware the models are in fact specific to each car down to the last minute detail. Even the car serial number is specific to each model. I was surprised by this on mine.

16. Mafas

Mafas Rookie

Dec 27, 2020
    It is indeed so and what makes them so valuable. I received them 2 days ago and they are fantastic, the box is very well made, the models are great, even the acryl box with magnets is more than top end in the model market, overall positively surprised, it is a costly present to make and distribute.

Jas likes this.
  17. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Not quitewith mine, it came with the wrong wheels, although they were painted the correct colour. It also came with the build photos which had the correct wheels of course. The sketch of my car with chassis number also had the wrong wheels on it!

The box with the silver car and key came when I collect the car, the model took over a year.

18. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Most of my models are complete garbage. I know MMR makes the models so I don't understand the total lack of quality. Every model I get has something wrong. Wrong calipers, wrong interior color, wrong trim. The absolute worst one was my Tdf model. They forgot the stripe entirely, they forget all the blue carbon fiber, and they even forgot the black surround at the base of the windshield on the hood.

Horrible horrible horrible.....

19. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Du foutage de gueule...

Difficult to translate from french, it means "To not give a damn about somebody, and not even try to hide it"