Original 250 GT owners Manual (English) | FerrariChat

Original 250 GT owners Manual (English)

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by wbklink, Oct 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    #1 wbklink, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    PM sent

3. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    Why is it since my post that I have gotten numerous private messages in reference to buying the above items.

Is this normal when selling items like this?

It seems like nobody wants to discuss it on f-chat.

I did get some good advice from one gentleman who was not interested in buying Just in giving me his opinion as how to market these items.

I wanted these to go to someone on f- chat not someone on eBay who would just like to buy them to resell.

cheers,

Bill

4. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Hi Bill,

As I don't own 3269 (and I think most people don't, just Zombrano) the latter is the guy you should contact (when he still owns it) Marcel or Ed will know.
    The value is hard to judge, but I think the pouch and the book will be in the 3-5k USD range?
    Anyway I think it should never be separated with the car.

ciao
    Oscar

5. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

Do not these items (owners manual/tools/records/etc) usually convey at sale of car?

Jack

6. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Lorenzo Zambrano passed away several months ago, a terrific man and astute collector.

7. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    It belongs with the car. Ring the current owner up and send it.

8. StephenB

StephenB Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2007
    S Florida
    Full Name:
    Stephen Bruno
    +1

9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    There is nothing in this set that indicates it was supplied with s/n 3269 when new. The original owner(Nuccio Bertone) and subsequent owner were both Italian; the English language owners manual doesn't make sense. Also the pouch is an inside plug 250 pouch, different from the correct outside plug version. My guess is that this is a set that was cobbled together for(or by) an English speaking owner. Mr. Niles, care to chime in?

10. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    + 1 ... and if the current owner is a gentleman/lady, he/she will likely show their appreciation appropriately and if not, at least you did the honorable thing.

Since the initially disclosed objective appeared to be about monetary value with prospect of selling the item in question for perhaps potentially highest gain, to me, ensuing PM's seemed only logical, especially when numerous members on the sites like this are clearly also professionally involved in buying/selling/trading/etc any- and everything regarding the subject matter.

11. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    Auction it that might worth 100 thousands .. who knows ! Or just find the owner of the car give/sell it back ....

12. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Again this is merely mismatched 250 pouch and manual, there is nothing linking it to 3269 when new. The pouch is an inside plug 250, this car was produced well into outside plug production; the manual is in English, the car was delivered new in Italy. It could well be that Bertone was supplied with a bare chassis for the one-off body(Marcel will know) and that NO manual set was supplied when new. IMO this set was pieced together at some point after the car arrived in the USA.

13. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    It sounds like you are expert in 250GTO but how could you so sure about 3269 unless you have been following all 250's history or you know this car , if so then we are so glad to have you here to tell us more about the Ferrari history .

14. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    "merely mismatched 250 pouch and manual"

This is the way the car arrived from Italy.

You may call it what you like but it is the pouch and manual that was in the car when I got it.

I owned and drove this car as a daily driver for 10 years and put 100,000 miles on her.

Yes it is a mismatched pouch and manual, when the dealer shipped it he was thoughtful enough to put a English manual in.

Also these items are no longer available!

Enough said.

Cheers Bill

15. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    If that is the case I hope you made every effort to reunite the manual set with the car. Thanks for the clarification.

16. Simon1965

Simon1965 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2011
    HKSAR
    Full Name:
    Simon

Bill. Why when you sold the car did you keep hold of the pouch. Why didn't you include the manual etc with it. ?

17. lgs

lgs Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    +1! Are we talking about value or the right solution? Yes, I was several time in this situation and acted this way. It gave me a happy feeling and I can recommend it everybody.

18. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Absurd....it belongs to who ever has it in their possession.

19. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    Agree.........