F8 - Order Status | Page 22 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Doing the lease thru Ferrari Financial or some other company? My Local dealer is owned by Penske, and their offering does not seem to be that great. (Penske Premium)

2. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I agree with your comments as I found the same with 3 test drives and one extended drive! The 4 wheel steering really make the 812 feel like a very much shorter wheel base. Keep your posts going!

Lukeylikey and wrs like this.
  3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #528 Lukeylikey, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    I have a number of cars due this year - just the way it worked out - and being someone who runs a business I’ve thought a lot about this. The world is changed and it’s not easy to work out what life will be like in 6 months. But, the UK government is trying to get businesses to not make decisions that damage the economy in the medium- to long-term (so we maximise the speed at which we bounce back) and I feel a responsibility as an employer to not make large-scale redundancies, help our partners where we can, keep paying our debts as normal and behave reasonably - all the while ensuring that others treat our business in the same way and always keeping a very close watch on our cashflow. There is a decent chance we can recover quickly from this if the isolation measures work and are gradually released after a number of weeks. It’s an extremely expensive exercise for the government, justified by the need for us all to work together and bale out the sinking boat we find ourselves in, and therefore disappointing to see that some large businesses with strong balance sheets are seeking to take advantage of government supports while at the same time, for instance, trying to bully landlords into unwarranted rent reductions and see how far they get. This all works best if we all think about the greater good and trust that the future can be just as good as the past, albeit with a different flavour, working with each other responsibly in the meantime. Of course, that won’t always happen but life has a habit of rewarding those who take the higher road, over the long-term.

I don’t plan to cancel, firstly because I obviously ordered the cars and feel like I have a commitment to our dealer (who has always treated us well and obviously has numerous challenges currently) and secondly because I believe decisions I make henceforth are ‘fair game’ but I feel like I should treat others as I hope to be treated and therefore if I ordered the car, I should take responsibility for it (it’s only my own view and absolutely no judgement on anyone who feels differently). In the end, this will pass. And when it does I don’t want to have ruined the relationship with our dealer, even if that means I slow the pace at which I buy cars in the future, maybe if I have less confidence in the market. There will be some nice new model releases over the horizon so if you are a long-term owner of the brand I think it makes sense to be careful how you behave. At the moment I can afford to wait it out and for those who can’t, maybe a different approach is unavoidable. As I said, no judgement.

My guess is that anyone with orders due in the next few months won’t do terribly if you plan to keep and use the car for 12-24 months. There will be very few cars produced in Q2&3 this year, meaning there will be very few 18 month old cars in 2022/3. With the economy likely having recovered by then, sellers of cars produced in 2020 should be OK. Perhaps even more than ok.

I get the hesitation in driving Ferraris under lockdown, however, if you need to work or go to the supermarket is it any business of the Police or others if you take a Ferrari instead of your DD - a Merc or BMW maybe? This is a terrible circumstance that affects all of us. It is not an opportunity for those who want to squeeze all enjoyment out of life to have a go at others if they are being responsible but still managing to enjoy life. If we can use our cars responsibly then do it, otherwise leave them in the garage for now. Of course, appearances are sometimes very relevant and even the way you feel may dictate using the Merc, or even the Toyota. Civil liberties have never in my lifetime been as pressured as they are now. This is a time for care, both ways.

For Ferrari in the near term, what would be very difficult is if they start indiscriminately discounting new product. Then, customers who stay loyal get screwed. I’m not talking about the used market, I’m talking about this notion that some customers pay full price, others who press harder pay less. Many of us are well used to negotiating - we do it for a living - but if you cannot walk into the showroom and be confident that the price you agree to pay for a super-luxury product is protected by the brand’s resistance to discounts then this sets Ferrari back 30 years in terms of trust with their core base. Better sell the shares if this happens. Production will need to fall and keep to Enzo’s old principle; one less than demand, for the brand to successfully weather this period as it did the financial crisis of 2008. That’s what to really watch and get spooked by in my view.

JAM1, Nuvolari, of2worlds and 6 others like this.
  4. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Well said. Totally agree except I am negotiating on some post delivery items that need to be done (PPF etc. )

Lukeylikey likes this.
  5. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Ferrari financial

6. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks. I’m guessing my car is probably still at least 3 months away assuming the factory does open up on the 15th, so Ill look at all available options till then.

7. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I guessing it’s not a major secret so can you post up the monthly payments, lease length and the residual?

8. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    I’d be happy to once I get the deal wrapped up.

9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I am also curious - the simulations I got a few months ago (with Ferrari Financial) were not impressive.
    Typically the residual was less than the expected actual residual value, so that it was easy to compute the real total cost, which is then the sum of all payments plus the residual - and then you can compare that with the price when paying cash to have the cost of the financing.
    For more regular cars it often happens that the residual is in fact higher than the actual residual, so that you do not pay it but rather hand over the car and have the agreed residual offset a part of the depreciation, thus reducing the actual cost of the financing.

10. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I spoke to my dealer in the UK today, they have said they expected thr factory to open by mid April and my delivery scheduled for the beginning of December should still be on time so seems they will be able to really turn the F8s out fast once production starts again, I do not think my car has started production in any way yet its just the order is accepted

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

jm2 likes this.
  11. kenguru

kenguru Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Germany (Hessen)
    We'll all be sim-racing only until 2021... I have zero hope they will reopen before after the summer break.

12. Nincompoop

Nincompoop Rookie

Feb 9, 2017
    Nevada
    well, there goes quality control...

13. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Spider or Coupe?

14. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Coupe, they didn't even mention the spider even though also says waiting list on my app

jm2 likes this.
  15. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Was there any anyway, certainly not in the paint department

Nincompoop likes this.
  16. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Car went 93 which means it’s apparently on the way to the dealer. I’ve expressed my concern of taking delivery with all that’s going on, so we’ll see we’re it ends up. If my dealer can sell my car seamlessly, I’ll probably take a pass. It will kill me, but I just think it’s the right thing to do.

17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The right thing to do is to walk away from something you committed to?

18. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Right thing for me personally. As far as my commitment to the dealer, I won’t leave them stuck with a car. If they have a buyer in line, then I’ll give it up. My guess is there’s no one in line at times like this. I just can’t get excited about it. Maybe when it actually gets here, I’ll feel differently.

Gh21631 likes this.
  19. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    I’m sure it would be a super tough decision, but just remember it is your decision. Definitely do the right thing for you and your family. Listen, loyalty is great, but you and the family come first. He/She will understand as it is difficult times. Mine is still 90 (going on 4 weeks). My dealer is saying it is probably in NJ somewhere. No idea. I am going to take delivery of my car, but will be asking for some concessions. They have my Portofino right now so need them to give me a solid trade number as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I bet they will.

21. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    We have been in the same boat. Make the decision that is best for you. I have decided to take mine. Probably won’t drive jt for a little while but I believe this situation will pass and this car will be worth every penny when I can enjoy it 7 days a week. Hoping that day is sooner versus later for all the obvious reasons

buddyg likes this.
  22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    In times like this, having a new, exciting car on the way provides something to look forward to.

Gh21631 likes this.
  23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    If you are fortunate to not have lost your job or source(s) of income then take it and enjoy it. You earned it. If you like cars which I imagine you do it will bring you joy to drive it, heck even wash and look at it. Good luck.

stavura, buddyg and Coincid like this.
  24. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Sorry guys, never saw your responses. I still don’t know where the car is, but I think I’m just going to buy myself a big fat present and trick it out with a few hot mods. Excited again..lol

25. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    So, here is the status on my car. It is in NJ port sitting on the boat. There is an issue getting it off. Good news, it will be unloaded on Friday and on a truck late next week. Should be at dealer week of 24th. Two more weeks to go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSUferrari and SoCal to az like this.