F8 - Order Status | Page 19 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I was status 90 four days before Vienna made it to Italy. So I assumed my car was on that ship. I checked yesterday and I am still 90. So who knows what is going on. This is my first new build but 3rd Ferrari. Sadly, all the excitement is gone for me with all that is going on. I am faced with having to put personal savings into my business to keep it a float and my have to lay off some of my employees. Yes. I know - 1st world problems. I may bail and lose my deposit, sell the car if I can - or keep it. Not sure yet. Never ever thought I would be having to think about these issues.

Dicecal and jm2 like this.
  2. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Sorry John, it’s definitely a freaking mess out there. I don’t know the impact to my business as of yet, but I don’t see how it’s going to be positive. I still plan on going ahead with my F8, if it ever gets here. I don’t think it was on Vienna Express, but who knows. Ferrari’s a total joke when it comes to their logistics.

3. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Sorry John, I know how much you were looking forward to your car.

4. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I’m in the same boat brother! Maybe the only saving grace is that my car is still at the factory, so the pause is giving me some more time to see how things fall out from here.

5. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Arnie
    Check again - mine just went 91 today and they do think it was in Vienna. They are slow getting things thru
    They also said Ferrari is meeting again tomorrow on special financing. I suspect they may offer a zero interest plan so we can keep cash on hand for a while. We will see

6. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That would certainly be appealing. My local dealer’s 3rd F8 delivery was declined by the buyer and now offered for sale....

7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    It is still at MSRP though. With the dollar being so strong, they need to cut the price and take the $. The rise in the $ is worth at least 10% off the MSRP but probably more. Italy is having a tough time with the virus and I think Ferrari will be down much longer than next week.

8. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    We are all going to get through this mess. Lots of good news coming out of China (if they are telling the truth). But, we shall see. Those F8's are stunners and you may be feeling down about your purchase right now, but when your car comes in and you press that little "RED" button that joyous feeling is gonna come right back and then some! We all worked our proverbial a$$es off to get to these F-cars! This Chinese virus thingy will pass and the market will roar back to life!!! Sooner rather than later!!! Ciao for now,, Joe

9. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    I pray that you are right! If everyone will just stay home and the hydroxychloroquine works to a degree it will pass...the main thing to beat this virus is isolation....
    Let’s all ban together and follow the suggestions....

jm2 and Mighty Joe like this.
  10. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    We know the end game which is s the pandemic been controlled and eventually having a vaccine. As a business owner myself I am worried but not panicked. My hope is we see a V shaped recovery.

11. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    yes a vaccine is the silver bullet.....but even though it is fast tracked through the FDA it may be a year away....short term hope is isolation, antivirals, hydroxychloroquine/Zithromax ....etc....

12. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Isolation is the key to control the spread. If we can trust numbers out of China, local cases have dropped to basically zero and that was due to strict isolation.

For the life of me I never understood why people with a cold/flu would go to work, go out and spread whatever they had and now the same people are the ones defying orders and delaying any sort of recovery from this pandemic.

Drson and wrs like this.
  13. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    I am currently in my house with my Wife and kids beside me. Everyday is just a battle ground out there. I wake up and deal with so many professional uncertainties. I feel guilty thinking about whether my F8 will make it to port or even if I will get it. There are so many more important things happening right now, so many people struggling out there. I have to tell you - the F8 is the one thing I can look forward to - a bit of light in this dark tunnel.

14. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Who’s the dealer? I’d love to check out the spec, as who knows when I’ll see my order...

15. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Pretty low spec RC/Nero 331K @ Scottsdale Ferrari

bwshihtzu likes this.
  16. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Bummer. Thanks though!

17. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
  18. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Has me thinking my nearly $400K spec is a bit over the top...$30K is Blu Elettrico (which I may change, as it will undoubtedly add even more time).

19. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I can PM contact info at Scottsdale if you are interested, let me know.

20. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    What the hell, might be worth a shot. Thanks!

21. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Pm sent

22. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Just checked and I’m still 90. Somethings f**ked up.

23. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Totally agree...

24. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    That is messed up. Sorry. Hopefully it shows up soon and was just a glitch in the system.

25. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I checked on my build status and my salesman told me to check back at the end of the month, or when the factory is back up and running as the build status may not be accurate . My car is stuck at status 50