F8 - Order Status | Page 18 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Based on past cars from my dealership - it usually takes about 10 days from boat arriving in NY to get on the road to dealership.

2. kenguru

kenguru Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Germany (Hessen)
    My App is showing a VIN since Friday. Does that mean it is scheduled for production? Status still showing "Waiting List". Originally supposed a June delivery (EU).

3. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Congratulations Jim!

4. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    VIN assigned at chassis assembly, status 20

kenguru likes this.
  5. hyroller

hyroller Rookie

Feb 3, 2007
    Naples FL/LinvilleNC
    Doug23, stavura, PTG1 and 4 others like this.
  6. kenguru

kenguru Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Germany (Hessen)
    NEWS: Factory NOW FULLY CLOSED until Mach 27.

7. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Doug23, anishka, stavura and 3 others like this.
  8. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Yeah, it’s been all over the place for me. Some took a week and some took 3 weeks. My dealer said that as of late it’s been 7-10 day from port to dealer. We’ll see.

9. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    So jealous. God I love that car more every photo I see

10. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Right there with you :)

jim g, PTG1 and Drson like this.
  11. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
  12. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Then we are looking at big delays from here on

kenguru likes this.
  13. hyroller

hyroller Rookie

Feb 3, 2007
    Naples FL/LinvilleNC
    Thank you.

14. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Drson- Found out from my dealer as soon as they hit the shore Ferrari is expediting all cars to the dealers. Not sure there will be too much wait as they need cash coming in. Mine still hasn’t hit the port yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drson likes this.
  15. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt

16. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    That sounds great.....I’ll bet we are on the same ship...it left March 7....so it should be here within two weeks...then they have to transport them...
    If you here anything let me know...I’ll do the same.

17. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    When you say left March 7th, what do you mean. Left March 7th from where? The ship my car was on is called Vienna Express. It docked in New York on the 12th. As of today, my car has not left the port. Then again, that may be wrong cause the logistics seem to be a mess. The only thing I know for sure is that the ship arrived on the 12th and left the port on the 14th.

18. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    My dealer told me that my F8 was on a ship and left Italy March 7...he did not have the details...I do not know which port it shipped from....I think that he got his information from his contact at Ferrari ....

19. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    I just got word that out of the 3 cars my dealer had arrive on Vienna Express, my car is the only one that has not progressed to status 91. I’m really starting to believe my car never made it on that ship. It’s a little weird that my car was also the only car that didn’t get pictures or a VIN.

What are you guys (Vienna Express cars) hearing from your dealers?

20. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Dead silence but at this point, not sure I want the car. Don't want to take another loss like I have in the markets. Not worth it.

21. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Your car was also on Vienna Express, right? Can you check in with your dealer and get status. Very curious. As to the market, yeah I could have bought 5 F8’s with my losses. That being said, I won’t be selling the F8 for a couple of years minimum, and if this nightmare isn’t behind us by then, we’ll have other issues to deal with far more significant than depreciation on a car.

22. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yes it was. I checked on Friday and he told me it wasn't out of customs. I am in a moderately bad situation, my income is oil royalties and it has gone from an f8 per month to a lot less. We get paid in arrears by 60 days so I have two more big checks coming and after that it's back to the price levels of 2015/16 which were crummy checks albeit with lower production at the time (991tts money, not Ferrari money). The biggest problem for me is that the producers are ramped up on my properties right now and I am forced to sell into this firesale market. Commodities suck but it's how I make my income and going forward my income stream is likely to be constrained due to declining production and lower prices.

I have the 812 coming and I just can't see accepting the car at MSRP and having it drive off the lot with a 30-40% haircut and probably taking a beating on the 488 in trade. I only lose $10k to let someone else get the car later or maybe they will work with me to make it a deal but I doubt it. Ferrari hasn't been known to ever do that and I expect them to resist changing but you never know.

23. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Sorry Bill, and I totally get it. Getting my F8 certainly isn't a world class problem. I’ve self quarantined with my wife and the only thing I have to look forward to is drives down the coast in my new Ferrari. Will have to pack a couple of PB&J sandwiches and a bottle of wine, cause we certainly won’t be stopping for lunch. But hey, the next few months are going to be very challenging, but as long as I have my incredible wife and wonderful family, and health, life will continue to be beautiful.

jim g and MANDALAY like this.
  24. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Hey, I am not unhappy with my 488 Spider. I don't have any debts and plenty of money in the bank but the future of banks is even a concern right now I think. The world is upside down for the moment. Hopefully we will right ourselves from this, humanity as a whole I mean.

25. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Yeah, I loved my 488 Spider. Unfortunately it’s gone and I’m definitely missing taking my beautiful Ferrari for a drive. I know it’s silly, but it really makes me happy at a time that is quite daunting. As they say, this to will pass. I hope it passes quickly and we manage to hold the country together in the meantime.

Please let me know what to learn about you car. Still trying to figure out what happened to mine.

wrs likes this.