Opinions on the Speed Commentators | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Opinions on the Speed Commentators

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Pirate75, Apr 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    True, but have you ever watched ITV? They get way more access to the drivers and have a few pre-race interviews with some drivers. It would be great if Speed had that much access. Windsor does what he can with what he has.

Maybe it was a deal they struck. Speed gets the post race interviews of the podium, but ITV gets all the pre race interviews.

2. Kingair33

Kingair33 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #77 Kingair33, Apr 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. lurker80

lurker80 Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    i think i remember one of those guys saying

"much like (insert name here) on a saturday night, the event is subject to black out"

was at the end of the season and they were playing old clips

4. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    In no particular order:

Matchett is technically knowledgeable and rarely makes mistakes in calling the action. I liked when Matchett said at Spa last year that if Alonso had tried to blackmail the team by threatening to go to the FIA (as he apparently did), there was no way he was going to put the starter to Alonso's car (or something like that).
    Varsha does what he is supposed to do (?) and does it well.
    Hobbs is funny, but gets things wrong/backwards way too often for my taste.
    Windsor is good, but (like Hobbs) is perhaps a little too much in love with the British aspects (LH and McLaren) of F1.

5. Pirate75

Pirate75 Karting

Feb 19, 2008
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    JT
    I do feel bad for Windsor because he does what he can. But what I don't understand is that he can't get a pre-race interview with anybody worth the @#$%, but he gets post race podium interviews to himself. Who negotiated this contract...and are the drivers really that busy 30 min before the race listening to their Ipods that they cant give the English speaking world an interview. I guess thats one of the reasons people in the largest spending market in the world (the US)really don't give a s@#$ about F1...It all marketing fellows. I just think that Windsor needs to grow some balls and get the interview's that we really want to see.

And I really don't care what Timo Glock has to say about his qualifying session...way to go Peter