Opinion of Gold Coast Bentley? | FerrariChat

Opinion of Gold Coast Bentley?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by deshapiro, Dec 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deshapiro

deshapiro Karting

Sep 25, 2015
    Hi All,

I'm looking at a 458 at Gold Coats. Since I'm local, I'm going to see it in the flesh (aluminum?).
    Has anybody dealt with them? I'm also interested in a name for an inspection. I've searched the threads and only found one or two.

Thanks,
    David

2. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I tend to find their prices a little higher than market and they don't negotiate a ton, they'd rather wait it out until they find a buyer willing to pay. What you found in the way of PPI is probably accurate; last I knew the official dealers (Continental and LFSC) do not do PPIs. I'd certainly get a PPI: Euroquipe, Team Stradale, Rennology, and Fluid MotorUnion are going to be the shops you'll want to reach out to about a PPI. Unfortunately none are downtown although maybe someone on here is aware of one closer.

I've had Bentleys serviced by them though and they're pretty good in the service department. Tom Baldassarre who runs that shop is pretty on top of things.

3. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Hello,

Thanks for the information. When visiting Chicago, we always make a point to visit Bentley Gold Coast. Neat dealership, awesome automobiles. However, I have a few questions. Their web sight has over a hundred cars listed in their current inventory. Their showroom holds what, twenty-five tops? They are a factory authorized dealer for Bentley/Rolls-Royce/Lamborghini/Maserati/Bugatti. Yet their off sight service department is for Bentley's only?

Can you please provide additional insight? They didn't respond to my e-mail.

Thanks

4. JSR29

JSR29 Rookie

Jan 5, 2009
    Naperville, IL
    Full Name:
    Scott Rothermel
    They likely do have the cars on their website. There is a large parking structure by the Perrillo BMW store where many are housed. It’s both impressive and disturbing to see a row of Phantom Drop Heads covered in Chicago winter filth.

jjmalez likes this.
  5. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Correct, they have a multilevel parking facility just west of their showroom. They service any vehicle; I primarily see Maserati, Bentley, and Lamborghini there. Though I've seen them service Ferrari, Rolls Royce, and other marques. I believe they even have a Bugatti tech as they're an authorized dealer.

jjmalez likes this.
  6. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Does anyone know if Joe Abbas, late of Luxury Motor Cars, is still employed there?

7. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    yes, he is.

8. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

I remember following the Luxury Motors train wreck. I remember hearing bad things about Joe Abbas there. Luxury Motors wound up in bankruptcy court a decade ago. I haven't heard anything good or bad about Mr Abbas since. Just my $0.02

Joe

9. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    I purchased my 2004 X5 4.4 from Luxury Motors in December 2005 with 16000 miles. Quite the experience. 4 hours of negotiations inside the Bentley of Downers Grove showroom with loud dance music and beautiful women with champagne for those who made a purchase. My kinda place. Drove that car for 10 years and put 200K trouble free miles on it. Now have 2014 X5 50i. Hi Joe.

10. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    In late '07 I bought sight unseen, over the internet a used '07 S8 from Luxury Motors. The deal went without issues, everything was hunky dory and they set up shipping for me. Car arrived with tire damage and passenger fender misalignment, but visibly nothing else wrong. My local Audi dealer corrected the fender at no cost. It took a bunch of calls to get them to pay for a new tire, it was resolved after I complained to their local attorney general office who sent them a letter on my behalf. I spoke to Joe a few times, he came across as a typical charming salesman, everything was no problem. My local dealer knew him too. The car was otherwise a great car.

11. Zalfor

Zalfor Karting

Mar 31, 2013
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John
    plenty of friends buy cars from there. other than them being relatively expensive to buy a car from and being slick salesmen, the cars should be fine.

jjmalez likes this.
  12. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    All I know is that back in 2007 wanted to buy their Dk Red Arnage, new car very heavily discounted and the Sales Manager talked me out of it, admitted the car had an incident with the car valet in Winter who revved it up (buried in snow) until the rear tire blew up and caused some damage to rear quarter.
    They finally wholesaled it.
    I would not have any problem buying a car from them.

jjmalez likes this.
  13. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Was speaking with Joe Abbas today about a Gallardo. Any update on he, or the dealership from a financial standpoint?
    Said he had 400 cars in inventory. All the listing pix have Perillo license plates. I have read some negative stuff about the relationship with Joseph Perillo back in 2009 when Perillo bought out(?) Abbas to stave off the dealership's primary creditor.

So basically, would you buy a car from this guy?

14. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

Luxury Motors (Downers Grove, Il) had a lot of baggage and a bad reputation. Perillo bought them out years ago, IIRC.

Bentley Gold Coast is one of my must see dealerships every time my wife and I stay in Chicago.

No complaints. And yes, I'd buy the right Lotus if /when available from BGC..

Joe

15. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Thanks. I've decided, based on PM's, to look elsewhere.