Opening a new restoration shop | FerrariChat

Opening a new restoration shop

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Pass, Mar 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    #1 Pass, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    I am Building a new restoration shop about 100 miles southwest of Denver.. My mother and father are getting older and need my help now. As much as I hate to; I need to move to Salida Colorado. I am going to buy some acreage next to my mom and dad and build a new house and a bigger and better restoration shop. Good news is I will be more centrally located for restorations and service as well as easier to travel to Germany and the East coast shows like Amelia island etc. A lot of Gullwing Group people nearby, MBCA members in that area as well as the Colorado Grand Rally goes thru there. I will continue to keep the house here and operate here in Hawaii for a few more months and then do seasonal work in both Hawaii and Colorado. Hale Merced - Home

I should be up and operating in Colorado by end of this summer 2015 Mark Passarelli

2. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    By the way my Father said there is a Ferrari Restorer nearby in Howard, CO, does anyone know who it is? I do not normally compete for Ferrari restorations by the way; I am strictly German classics.

3. MichaelB145

MichaelB145 Karting

Apr 22, 2010
    at the Man Cave
    Full Name:
    Michael Bergren
    Hi Mark,

I'm surprised to hear of a Ferrari restorer in Howard....I will have to ask around too see who might know who it is. Great to hear you will be moving to Colorado!

4. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I live right up the river in Buena Vista. Not many exotics in Chaffee county. As far as I know, I own the only Ferrari in the county. Salida is a great town. BTW, it is actually about 150 miles from Denver. Good luck with the venture.

Dave

5. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Thats great news! I have followed a few of your restorations, I live in Colorado Springs and not familiar with anyone who restores Ferraris around. There is a guy here in the springs that restores classic Mercedes and ships them all over the world. He is more of a "resto mod" guy and I cry when I see him swap the drivetrian from a classic Mercedes to a new car...

Anyway that's another story,

Welcome and if you need any help moving stuff feel free to drop me a line, I have a large truck and trailer.

6. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    LUCKY!

(I'd have breakfast every day at the Evergreen cafe.....)

7. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    My Great Grandfather came from Italy in the early days and worked the D&RGW railroad in Salida and most of western Colorado. My grandfather was a D&RGW Section gang leader and father were both born in Salida. I spent many summers there and pretty much planned to end up there again.

8. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Very cool. Maybe the Denver Ferrari crew can meet up and drive down for a day trip this summer. Actually, I've been wanting to meet up with Dave (hardtop) for a few years now ever since we had a great drive up Independence Pass many summers ago (that was a fun time Dave).

Things are pretty quiet during the winter because of all the snow. Southwestern CO is very pretty. Highway 285 is one of the best, most fun roads in CO. Good luck with everything.

-F

9. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Salida is a great place. My dad (85 years young) and I have a 1900's wood cabin a bit south and east in Westcliffe, foothills of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Beautiful area.

10. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That sounds a lot like the history of the Scanga family that is well known in Salida.

Dave

11. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    I know the Scangas well they sold us a lot of meat.

12. IAmNotCasey

IAmNotCasey Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2014
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Casey Duncan
    Cool! Once you get setup I'd love to come down to Salida and check out your shop. Keep us posted on your progress.

13. mebowles

mebowles Karting

Jan 7, 2013
    Western US
    Full Name:
    Matt
    If a group is planning a trip to Salida, I am in. I am a little east of Salida in Florence. Any other Fcars in Freemont county?

14. furmano

Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Not sure about Freemont county. I know of an owner in Chafee county. :)

I took a drive down 285 to BV a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic. What a great road. I think the Denver metro crew should get together some time this summer and make a drive down.

-F

15. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Used to be a great Mexican restaurant in BV. I haven't been in to BV for quite a while but the trip would be worth checking to see if it is still there. I drive through Salida a few times every summer heading to Westcliffe. Nice area.

16. IAmNotCasey

IAmNotCasey Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2014
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Casey Duncan
    I would love to get a contingent together and make a field trip down for a visit. Count me in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Dogdish

Dogdish Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Denver
    Im up for a drive to Marks shop also……give me a month or so to get the Daytona back in one piece. Still missing a transaxle, among many other things.

Bill

18. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    The Evergreen in BV has the BEST Huevos Rancheros! Also, there is a huge parking lot across the street from the restaurant, where you can keep an eye on things.
    I was there last week and the cook was wearing a Ferrari Scuderia shirt someone from the F-club gave him. We talked Ferrari's for a few minutes. Very nice guy.

19. furmano

Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Maybe a drive this summer (May or late June, early July) would be good.

-F

20. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    I just got here today. I am shipping most of the shop equipment next week.

21. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    WELCOME!

22. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    #23 Pass, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks Guys! Here is the temporary shop I will use for a few months until the new building is done. 830 W First street next to the ball park. This was the old location of Antero Foreign Automotive. I grew up in the house a few doors down on the other side of the street.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm looking forward to visiting. As far as I know, I have the only Ferrari in Chaffee county.

Dave

24. mebowles

mebowles Karting

Jan 7, 2013
    Western US
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Looking forward to coming for a visit! Best of luck!