Opaco paint care | FerrariChat

Opaco paint care

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Jeff3545, Mar 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeff3545

Jeff3545 Karting

Sep 4, 2018
    SF Bay Area and South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff Nolan
    I’m shopping 812 Superfasts and have a question about detailing and special care for Opaco paint options. I understand the Ferrari is now using a matte clear coat and the care is similar to traditional paint. Is this accurate? What else do I need to know about matte paint care and ownership? I’m not a huge fan but it is growing on me but before I get too far into the process with a specific car, I’d like to understand what I am signing up for. Thank you in advance.

2. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have two Aluminio Opaco cars. I have had both fully wrapped with a matte clear PPF and that has taken all the worry and effort out of caring for them. I just wash them like all the other cars. Well worth the investment

Jeff3545 likes this.
  3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    What film did you use? Do you feel like the film altered in any way the appearance of the factory paint at all? Any pics?

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  4. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I used Xpel Ultimate. No, I don’t feel it alters the appearance of the paint, other than I would say I feel the bonnet on the TDF is starting to develop a slight shine (after 3.5 years), which I put down to a gradual accretion of soap material from car washing. I will just replace the wrap in due course, which is, of course, the great value in having it

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk