Only a few hours until Gran Turismo 4 !!! | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Only a few hours until Gran Turismo 4 !!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by damcgee, Feb 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Formula Gran Turismo. Will smoke every car in the field.

You gotta win it by winning the Nurburgring 24Hr Enduro. I BSpec'd the 24hr with a chapparral 2D.

Hi, my name is Dave, and I use Bspec every time I'm allowed to.

2. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    grrr i dont have 25% yet, i lost my memo card. this is a new one.

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I used the Audi R8 for the 24hr ring, I ended up lapping the 2nd place car buy overkill. Dave is right, there is nothing else like the Formula Gran Turismo.

STATS from May 15 2005

LAPS 222

29 laps ahead of 2nd place car. - NISSAN Skyline GT-R (Falken 'Ring 24H '04)

44 laps ahead of the 6th place car - M BENZ 190E 2.5 16V Evolution II (Sonax DTM '92)

My cockpit is being modifed so I'm going to be using the stock ps2 controller for a little bit.

4. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Truthfully, When I do race A spec, I'm faster with the Dual Shock controller than with the DFP. But the DFP is Soooooooooooo much more fun.

5. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    ive used b-spec more tonight then i ever used it before i lost my memo card. A friend of mine from austria is playing right now, he is doing the european events with the TT racing car. must get to 25% tonight

6. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    B-spec is going right now on the European 1000 miles event. Just finished nurburgring, opera paris is going. I made the mistake and forgot to get racing tires so i have to pit alot more often. I must say though, thank god for PIP so i can watch the yankees red sox game at the same time.

7. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    You do know you can speed up the clock x3, right? R1, left?

8. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    yup. its going. lap 26/95 right now.

9. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    Gents,'

I bought a PS2 and GT4 today. I bailed on my seven month old X-Box. Any recommendations for first car and track? Advice? Thanks.

Dane

10. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Start off with a used car (Honda Civic, Mazda Miata, etc.) Tranny & engine will give you the best advantage on the beginner courses. Run the manufactures cups to build up cash, complete them & win a new car.

Repeat for all other events.

I currently have over 132 cars in my garage, most of them modified. Enjoy the game.

11. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    ok, who has done the 24 hr. races??????? right now i am on hour 17 of the nurburgring... ive A spec, about 6 hours since 3AM, but now am just getting sick of it in B spec, how in the world did u do it???? any tips or what not???? i know i cant give up now, but im sooooo damn tired.....but only 2 hours left if i B spec it.....

12. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I did it in B spec mode @ x3 the speed. B SPEC will pit itself, refuel, change tires without you makeing the selection for the game. It goes into effect as a default after pullinto the pits after 10 seconds. I did have on issue where it pitted at LAP 162, it pulled in then just sat there for 2 minites until I caught it. I didn't touch the controller so I still can't figure out how or why that happened.

13. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    but once u leave the pits doesnt it go back to 1X speed??? it should take around 8 hours at 3X, but im pushing 12 hours now! ha, its at 21 hours now, so im not too worried... by the way how is the F1 car???? it better be worth it...