On Track at VIR: 29 April - 1 May 2005 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

On Track at VIR: 29 April - 1 May 2005

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by resnow, Feb 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    The weather is improving for the weekend - sunny and 77 Saturday. Definitely worth the drive. Who knows, you might even catch a ride in a no-longer-coolant-spewing red 348 (a million thanks to Ricambi America for their quick response to my need for parts).

You might even get to a see a 430 but definitely will see a 333SP on track.

Still time to register your own car for the track and there's still room at the inn.

e-mail [email protected] for quick, up-to-date info on the event.

2. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Will the 333 SP be on the track on Sunday? I have to work on Saturday but plan on getting up early on Sunday and being up there all day.

3. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    If I wasn't saving up my "big drive" miles to go to the FCA National Meet and F1 Race in June, I'd be coming to the VIR event for sure!

4. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    I don't know which days any cars will be on track but everyone has both track days available. the 333 should be there both days.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike,

Use some frequent flyer miles and join us. I'll have a 348 you can take some hot laps in.

Bob

5. laxplayer98

laxplayer98 Karting

Oct 13, 2004
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Neill
    Whats the deal with spectators, is there a fee or can we just show up and enjoy the atmosphere because me and two of my friends would really like to come up and see the cars in action rather than just sitting on the showroom floor at FCI.

BTW I thought you guys might like to see some of my pictures from FCI and other places so here they are http://supercarfreak.net/gallery/Laxplayers-Pics

6. NeuroSpeed

NeuroSpeed Karting

Feb 27, 2005
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam Whitener
    Unless the organizers of this event are pricks, it will be free. Every other time I've been to the track its free to just hang out.

All you have to do is sign a waiver on the way in, and you're good to go.

Even if you want, anyone can take any car out on the track in parade laps so that you can enjoy the track at low speeds, but trust me, its still fun.

7. eclipse185

eclipse185 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    Adam:

Your last comments were inappropriate. Get ready for a Father/Son conversation before going out on track. The event's organizers and sponsors are personal acquaintances of mine and you have met some as well. What they do with their event is up to them. If you don't agree you don't have to participate.

Dad

8. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    I will be attending tomorrow as spectator as well as a photographer.

9. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    The new 430 looks awesome in yellow!

The weather was fine Saturday (never rained, only ten minutes of sprinkles)and will be better today (it did rain early this morning but it's sunny now!)

-Peter (racing my Giulietta Veloce on the North Course and glad to see Williamson bring out the 288GTO again!)

10. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Ya'll be careful out there ya here?

11. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    I'm glad it decided to hold out on raining yesterday, made the day just a bit better. I have quite a few pictures to sort through, but I'll be sure to get the word around when they are done.

12. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I just got back from VIR. It was a great day, a little bit cooler which I am sure was a nice change. The 333SP was amazing, words can't describe the beautiful sounds it made. The GTO was also awesome. The best thing about today was that the cars that spent the most time on the track were the ones you wanted to see the most. I'm more of an L-car fan (sorry), so I also liked seeing the Murcielago passing everyone. I will agree that the 430 looked beautiful. The Ruf Porsche was also a very nice addition and made plenty of nice noises to compliment the Italians. I enjoyed it a lot, and thank you to all of the Ferrari owners for putting something together like this, its my one day of heaven.

PS: I followed a silver F355 Spider with red leather almost the entire way home. Anyone on here?

13. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    #38 resnow, May 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
  15. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

My brothers:

I am so totally wiped out. Pictures to come later...

WHAT A WEEKEND!! HUGE HUGE THANKS TO RESNOW, N24RE, and the whole FCA/NC organizing committee. The sights and sounds were outstanding, the cars were terrific, and the old friends/new friends were wonderful. Although we always start out having fun with the cars, the events usually just become a chance for good friends to hang out together. This was no different, and the camraderie of Ferrari owners really is something special.

How about a big "WOW" to Eclipse185 and his two sons?? Those guys drove the wheels off a Maserati coupe and 360 spider. Literally... Although I question their abilities with a true straight 5-speed, they can handle an F1 tranny like true pros. Compared to most of the hacks out there (mostly me) they really drove beautifully. Riding in the Maser with eclipse185 was astounding. Who'd think that car could get around South Course at VIR so well?

resnow finished his engine out service 18 hours before the event began. When I was racing parts across the state to him, I wasn't sure he'd actually hit the track. Gosh was I wrong. 417 run sessions later, he was still roaring down the track!! It's almost time for another belt change Bob.

Bruceski has about 600 pictures. Once he cleans his pants (from riding in the 550 with Eddie), hopefully he'll start posting.

zzzzz......

out.

That was probably Ron P. He's not big on Fchat, but he's a bigtime tifosi ! I'm sure we'll see him again at Bermuda Run in early-June

16. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Man I hate I missed out on this one......but it sure looks like it went over very well!!! Share pics/vids!!!!!!

Glad to hear everyone had fun!!

17. Cielo

Cielo Karting

Feb 3, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I will be at VIR in October. Unfortunately I will not be driving my Ferrari (will be in an M3). Thanks for the pics.

18. NeuroSpeed

NeuroSpeed Karting

Feb 27, 2005
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam Whitener

Thanks a lot for the comment! It was my first actual track event - the only thing I'd done beforehand in relation to driving was the Xtreme Measures school (If any of you have new drivers or kids that are getting close to that age, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND setting aside a weekend for them and/or you to do this. Visit their website www.XtremeMeasures.org) And you're right about us and the stick shift... Robert and I don't get much practice with manual transmissions. Plus, we did have two of the best instructors there to help us, Geoff and Chuck (who are also highly involved with Xtreme Measures), give them more credit than me, please.

I can safely say that this will rank as one of the greatest weekends of my life. Thank you to everyone for organizing the event - and thank you to everyone that gave me a free t-shirt! Mom has the pictures on her camera, and of course, took it to the outer banks, so I won't have any pictures for a few days.

19. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Based on the fact that his plate was RJ Perry, I'll have to agree. Thank you again to everyone for putting this event on. I need to see these cars to help me stay focused and not blow my money. Hopefully next time I'll grab a ride.

20. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    This really was an absolutely exhilarating weekend. It was my first track event, and it was every bit as much as I could have hoped it would be.

It was great getting to meet everyone there, JRR, you really know how to keep your car clean. Also, a huuuuuge thank you for helping sponsor the event, and not being too scared to let us 20 yr olds out on the track. I'm sorry I missed you as you were leaving, I would have liked to see you off. Who knows, maybe I'll have to show up at the Bermuda Run.

I got plenty of pictures of many of the cars there at the track, but mom just happens to have the camera, so it may be a while before I can get any to submit... but I'll try to get some submitted asap.

And again, a HUGE thank you to everyone that helped put this event together, and to everyone that brought their amazing cars to where they should be... the TRACK!

Now, as for your worry about me doing this stuff with a straight, you are probably right... but I'd be more then willing to practice if someone would lend me a car... anyone got a porsche or BMW they wouldn't mind me using?? hehe

21. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    They'd be great for Prancing Horse -- they prefer at least some of the pictures to show the venue (like showing the VIR sign). And I've love to have a bunch for a good collage for the next Regional Newsletter like we did for Barber.

22. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I took ~80 pictures on Sunday. I'll get them developed ASAP.

23. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
  24. DUKE1

DUKE1 Karting

Feb 6, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    James
    #49 DUKE1, May 2, 2005
  25. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    #50 N24RE, May 2, 2005
    I am glad that everyone had a great time. That was the goal from all of us and it seems that we just pulled it off. I hope that everyone was made to feel as welcome as possible and that everything ran smoothly. I had a great time as well. I hope to see you all there again next year....at the North Course this time.

Also...if you have any suggestions or left over concerns please feel free to email me at

[email protected]

Best

Steve Jones

PS....this pic shows the most fun I have had on track ever!!!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login