ON TOPIC/ OFF TOPIC??? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

ON TOPIC/ OFF TOPIC???

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Bugattiart, Jan 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    :)just & only with my Simon darling :)

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Roel,
    with so much beer inside........you would even bang a coca-cola automate:D

Lets meet in Heidelberg! We have real great bars & pubs open till 06:00a.m. and no gays are around - just lots of pretty girls (university city)

3. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Bars are open till 07.00 in Maastricht! Only you guys had no idea where to go to, so you ended up in a Gay bar. :)

4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    The "local alcoholics" ,from the bar we have been before, told us that this gay-bar is the one and only bar which is open till 06:00a.m.......and we moved together with them over there.

5. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Ha ha! You were lured over there! :)
    So....., are we still on topic?

6. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    The answer is in the thread titel!!!!!
    ON TOPIC / OFF TOPIC !

7. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    So we have to go on-topic, off-topic, on-topic, off-topic....etc

8. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    YES!!! First time you got it :D

9. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    :D:DROTFLMAO:D:D

10. rpmtifosi

rpmtifosi Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Guy
    Finally someone notices that this thread is constantly hijacked and full of off topic stuff!! :rolleyes:
    I thought we agreed to keep sticky threads clear of off topic posts? ;)
    But i guess it's allowed if mods are involved!? :rolleyes:
    I wonder what would happen if i would reply to some off topic post!? Same as last time?
    Sorry to bring it up again, really didn't want to, but after reading through the thread again, and seeing alot of off topic posts after the so-called hijack (most will know what i mean), i really get confused! :(

Guy

11. rpmtifosi

rpmtifosi Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Guy
    Exactly my point the first time!!! It just happens!! ;)
    I hope you all see it now and understand it!! ;)
    Just wanted to show you all, that it happens to ALL!!!

And believe me, after the meeting it will happen even more, cause you all will get to know eachother personal.....
    In my eyes, off topic posts are only human and add a positive note to the community! :)

12. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    and when it does happen, don't blame Ton for deleting some OT posts, not even when one OT post gets deleted and the other one doesn't.

13. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Sigh.......!
    What is your problem? Why do you have to start the discussion again? Did I hurt your feelings?
    I have the feeling that you are really the only one who does not get it!
    I never intentionally tried to point a finger at specific persons. I am just trying to keep "some" order within this chaotic forum. Try to look up the word "moderator" in a dictionary. maybe then you understand what I try to do (in everybodies interest)!

14. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Pffff... :rolleyes:
    I'm really sorry but I HAVE to reply on this post and go off topic just one more time! :(
    I wanted to post this in a pm first, but actually it's better here, although it is off topic again...

Is it really that hard to see Guy's view on this for some of you? He really isn't a trouble maker and you know that! The ONLY thing he is trying to say IMO is that the fact remains that when some people go of topic this seems to be ok, while when others do this it's criticesed immediately. That's a valid point and a opinion that has to be understood! Ok, Ton, you didn't want to point a finger/this isn't your intention but looks like that's just what's happening.

Ok, being a mod is a hard job, balancing between right or wrong, you can't do good for everyone, etc... no problem to understand that... You can't just delete all off topic posts and you can't just all leave them there either... that's obvious... but please follow your own rule as well and keep it clear! A topic about a meeting shouldn't have posts like "hey, you've got a pm" fe. That doesn't contribute anything! Of course I understand you don't have enough time to follow it up and delete off topic when it happens or soon after but contributing in it yourself isn't a good sign either IMHO. I guess THAT'S what's this about.

You said what you are trying to (and should do) as a mod is (in everybodies intrest) keeping order in a chaotic forum... Good! And although not an easy job, it often works.
    But... why is it then that off topic is sometimes permitted and other times it isn't? Again, where's the line in this? I guess we all agree that some things (negative off topic) are 100% clear NOT acceptable, no politics, no nude, no attacks, no insults, no racism, aso... No problem at all! Thank god!

But when it comes to personal talk derived from a quote or question from a user (positive off topic) it gets more complicated of course... Again, and I just want to be clear, I'm not complaining here, just expressing my thoughts and point some things out. NOBODY has a problem to understand that a valuable thread should be kept as ON topic as possible to keep it clean and especially keep a nice overview on one subject for potential new candidates that are willing to participate. It may NOT become a MSN chat indeed.

Ton, I assume it's a coincedence that the off topic posts you make are mostly staying where they are, while the small talk where Guy was involved was bashed immediately. But no wonder he starts thinking you've got something against him, even when this isn't the case. I guess the rather offensive reply you made to his valid point didn't really help either.
    Guy makes a valid point again in a reply to another user and he gets the blame again! While others, including yourself, keep on babbling off topic! Against your own rule of keeping a valuable thread clean!

The point is, it's impossible to keep it REALLY clean! There will always be some personal talk because lot's of us already know each other and became friends! It's just not fair that some personal talk is allowed while others isn't.
    I don't feel attacked myself at all, I know it's a delicate matter and just think not only two times but often three times before I make a post here to make sure I 'm not going off topic too much (off course that's different for all threads, the Bonkers and Dutch talk are off course a lot more relax and off topic makes more sense there :)).

Well, we're all people, we like to talk about what intrests us, our common passion,... and sometimes people get a bit carried away and have a laugh or a joke here and there or someones thinks about something and the talk just gently flows off topic... like has been mentioned... it's like speeding in a Ferrari, it happens before you know it... :) and that's what made this such a wonderful place to spend time... but please let us all be reasonable and understand each others view on things! We don't have to agree all the time but it's not that hard to try try to understand why someone else says something, is it?

As a conclusion, and I really would like to leave it at that for myself, I'm always trying to be a diplomate, I try to understand all sides of the story and I certainly would like to see the atmosphere here to remain positive... I got to know and have met a lot of really great people (including you Ton, and Guy, and so many others too much to list) thanks to this site and I hope to get to know and meet a lot more in the future.

Thanks for your attention if you kept on reading to this point... :)
    And my sincere appologies for being a bit off topic again.
    If you consider replying to this post, please read it again at least twice before you do... :) just to avoid misunderstandings. I don't want to blame anyone!

Now, lets have a great meeting with great cars, great people and a great atmosphere in april! Let's remember the Overpelt meeting for instance, I have a feeling this meeting could be a bit comparable :D And if possible, let's have some great weather indeed too! :D
    I hope everybody is still welcome? :)

What about making a new and fresh sticky thread for all the updates on this meeting? That way the valuable stuff about date, participants, convoys, updates, aso can be kept in a nice overview, while the social talk around it can go in here? Henkie, Ton, everyone, what do you think? :)

Regards ;) Alexander

15. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Uhm... yes. I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent, but I can´t for the life of my understand what is so problematic about a deleted post. Some of my OT posts were deleted. Some were not. Same goes for most others. I don´t see anyone else take it this seriously.

Perhaps Ton can move this to the thread about ontopic/offtopic, I believe started by Carsten, and we can move on talking meeting in this one. I know I have a lot more fun talking meeting.

16. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff..................poor, poor Ton.
    My deepest condolence :(
    Your
    Happy Ex - Mod Wolfgang

@gents, dudes.....
    please give him a brake :)
    IT IS a damn, bloody hard job to moderate such a huge and still growing community!
    And remember: He just turned 39 years and he is now very, very close to turn f_cking 40!!! Thats a point in a mans life you get sensible and the first signs of midlife crises..........you know;)
    And remember: He i quite nervous and still waiting to get his 512TR

LOVE, RESPECT & PEACE

Wolfgang

17. zanti70

zanti70 F1 Veteran

Dec 9, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well said. Ton, keep up the good work! And guys, pls stop the discussion. I think we all know each others points now, enjoy yourselves with a big :D

Bob

18. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    ppffffffff........not again..............:(

19. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    #94 Malfark, Feb 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I can confirm what Wolfgang says. It was the only bar IN OUR CLOSE PROXIMITY that stayed open till 06h00. I decided to head to bed rather than than go to "La Gare", but got this token from my "more experienced" friends the following morning! ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    You have no idea what Wolfgang had to do to get that token ;)
    They don't let just anyone in you know :D

21. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    #96 Malfark, Feb 14, 2006
  22. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    That is a beauty :D

23. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    #98 Malfark, Feb 14, 2006
  24. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Interesting tyre set-up!!! Twin mounted tyres both front and rear......is that to ensure a good contact to the ground, or is it a safety precaution to take the ekstra heavy duty weight/load??? ...Just wondering ;):D
    Obviously the driver has left the ground here, so I guess it must be the heavy load........too little downforce anyway, it seems!!! ;)

@Wolfgang, sorry buddy, I couldn't help it......you know I love you and it is all in good fun! :)

25. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen
    *LOOOOL* a really great photoshop object!!!! :D A shame that I don't have time for it now... (on our way out of the door, almost)