Omaha - Newer ferarri owners? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Omaha - Newer ferarri owners?

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by 1320Video, Oct 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EndymionMKII

EndymionMKII Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    James
    I don't think I have seen the blue 355, although I have ran into the infamous red 355 spider, a yellow NSX, a yellow Gallardo. Although I did see one of the rarest F-cars in Omaha today. I caught a glimpse of a yellow 355 spider with a challenge grill driving in this white crap this morning.

And no I'm not losing my marbles nor was I drunk or on any drugs at the time. :)

2. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    It is kinda crappy out - and I have a backyard full of leaves to rake up still...

3. EndymionMKII

Aug 14, 2004
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    James
    Ya well you could just get your butler to do it Mr I own a F50 :).

And this is why I live in a apartment (well aside from pissing away my paycheck on that nasty airplane habit).

4. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    ? You mean my 'clearcoat' one ?
    ? Were you paying attention to anything prior on this thread ? (obviously not)
    'transparent' clearcoat should be a big tip-off for you....

5. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Sorry James.

'Transparent Clearcoat' means invisible, ie 'does not exist'.

If you are pissing away your money flying, either by renting a private plane, or by flying places via commercial weekend travel, keep doing it.
    One of these days you won't be able to, and the fun will be over.

When I was 25-30, I was flying out to LA once a month on 3-4 day 'weekends', and sometimes twice a month.
    Then, you get stupid, meet a gal, start dating, then it's ALL over....

6. EndymionMKII

Aug 14, 2004
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    James
    I know what transparent is. Just being sarcastic.

7. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I know you do, I screwed up, sorry.

But I did mean what I said - enjoy most of your life now, pretty soon it will be all over....

8. EndymionMKII

Aug 14, 2004
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    James
    Actually the big plan is to rent small private planes, get a flying job then see the world that way (oh and have some of the funds go toward my sports car addiction :).

With that I agree about having fun while you still can. Life is all about what you do and the things you experince. I wish I could phrase it better but, its the best I can do. :)

9. rjnavion

rjnavion Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Gate, OK (western O
    Full Name:
    Ron Judy
    You said it all!! I am not wealthy but take care of what I have. I've flown for much longer than many of you have been alive; still own airplanes and have flown all over the United States and will keep doing it as long as I'm able. I'm coming up on five years of 512TR ownership and drive it and enjoy at every opportunity.

One of these days it will all be over and a lot sooner for me than most of you. It could be tomorrow. Many of my peers (I'm in a very conservative minded business) think I'm "crazy", but I could care less. My family has been well taken care of and I bet I take as much with me as any of them. So go for it, stay within your means, and life will have been a great experience. Where there's a will there's a way.

Ron Judy

10. RotKopf

RotKopf Karting

Jul 27, 2004
    Saw PJ's F430 Spider this summer a few times. WT (Willy) doesn't have any Ferraris anymore. He probably just WANTS people to think that he does. TW (Terry) nearly about a 512 TR back in 1996, but didn't. DJ Thayer has a black 355 Spider. Wally Duff used to have a couple, don't know if he still does. If you ever see him, ask about the time in the 80's when he and Willy raced on a strip at Epply Airfield. And if you ever see Willy, ask him about the time his gate closed on the fenders of his back in the 80's, and he was so upset that the electric eye didn't stop the gate that he threw it in reverse and ripped both the fenders off. That was back when he lived in Terry's house.

11. techie501

techie501 Rookie

Oct 29, 2007
    I saw a red F430 conv with a guy with a ponytail driving it on 87th and Center.

12. George308

George308 Rookie

Dec 18, 2007
    I don't mean to be disrespectful, but where do you get Ferraris serviced in Omaha? There's aren't any Ferrari dealers are there?
    Missouri

13. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #38 SDChris, Dec 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well if you just head 3 1/2 hours north to Sioux Falls South Dakota..we are here Premier Motorcars of Sioux Falls and all we sell is Lamborghini and Ferrari!! Quite alot of owners here as well...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Well, also not trying to be disrespectful; If you would have scrolled down just a teeny bit on this forum, you would have an answer:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174974

15. RotKopf

RotKopf Karting

Jul 27, 2004
    Are PREMIER and ROSSO both Ferrari-certified service centers? Thanks.

16. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Contact them and ask them. Let us know.

17. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    We do not have Ferrari Certifed service..but we do have Matt Ried from from FoW/LoW here in Sioux Falls.

He is Ferrari Master Tech Cert. As well as Lamborghini! So yes we can service your car!

18. T-Bone

T-Bone Rookie

Jul 22, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Joe Thibodeau
    The owner of the red Aston has a yellow F355. He treats them as daily drivers most of the summer and early fall.

19. EndymionMKII

Aug 14, 2004
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    James
    Hey T-Bone does that yellow 355 you mention have a challenge grill?

20. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

Guys - This man is telling the truth - He has a 348. Believe it or not, those cars he mentioned DO IN FACT exist in Omaha. I am not one to get on here and blow steam. BUT the owner is incredibly low key and absolutely does not drive any of the cars. He merely bought them from a love and collectivity standpoint. The owner also has nothing to prove to anyone. If anyone has doubts (I am sure you will - as seeing truly is believing) feel free to meet up w me in person to view my personal pics. PM me and I will give any true enthusiast my cell. I refuse to post such info on a public forum out of respect.

21. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Then you probably should not have posted about this topic at all ????????

JMO

Seriously, it makes no difference to me, if someone has a garage queen, it's the same as not owning one - there is NO difference.