Ole Big Mouth is Back! | FerrariChat

Ole Big Mouth is Back!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jk0001, Oct 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #1 jk0001, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
    http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/formula-1/f1-lewis-hamilton-criticized-in-germany?artid=101780

F1: Lewis Hamilton criticized in Germany

From GMM

Team McLaren-Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton, currently on top of the Formula 1 drivers' point standings, is criticized by the German medias for his recent declarations.

Hamilton is this week the subject of criticism in the German press, with the broadcaster RTL pronouncing him a "megalomaniac" for comparing himself with the legendary late triple world champion Ayrton Senna.

"I know that I am as good as Ayrton Senna was," the 23-year-old is quoted as saying.

The Brazilian captured three World Championships (all with team McLaren), won 41 Grands Prix, started 65 from pole position and drove 13 430 km in first place between 1984 and 1994.

Last year, Hamilton was also criticized for having produced his biography. At the time, celebrity British publicist Max Clifford commented that writing an autobiography "when you've been in the public eye for 10 minutes is a bit presumptuous".

What is this guy smokin and how can I get some of it!

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yawn, do you spend your life trawling for stuff LH say's, your obsession is borderline just weird.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    If he did say that , he really is a presumptuous Asshol3.

4. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    I am getting the definate feeling that either this guy is the biggest jerk in motor sports ever, (at least since Curtis Turner), or else he is getting a journalistic smear campaign to rival that of Sarah Palin.

While we cannot be sure of every hypothetical LH quotation, we do have it pretty well documented on the premature autobiography, right?

5. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #5 jk0001, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
    I just can't believe that someone in the world public light would be so stupid to say something like that. This guy needs a 24x7 professional handler. I was recently gaining some respect for him, but he keeps shooting himself in the foot. He is turning into the F1 version of Dennis Rodman.

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    if what he said about Senna and himself was true, i wish Senna would give him a smack when he's asleep

7. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    From the title, I thought Ted had returned!

8. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    He's nothing like Dennis Rodman. The bio was a cash grab i suspect. What if he turned out to be just a so so driver? Who would be courting him then.

9. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

You will have people on here defending him and showing you pictures of him and say "he is sooo down to earth and nice."

Don't these people realize that his nice appearance is a sham, a show for the fans. When he is alone with a microphone and his ego, the truth comes out.

Every time he says something like this, his supporters either: (a) cringe and shoot the messenger or (b) start to get a clue that LH is a first class jerk.

That, and he is just plan stupid to keep saying these things.

10. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Maybe they were talking about tennis?

If this is what it looks like, then it's explosively clear that Hamilton needs management help. A good manager would consult on PR issues like this and rein him in, tell him to cool it a little. Right now, the only good his dad is doing as a manager is keeping the retainer fee in the family coffers. If Hamilton is truly saying that he is as good as Senna, then he has transcended the confidence curve. Nobody benefits by making statements like this--you never come into a sport and say you're as good as the greatest before you. Curious why he didn't say Schumacher? The German reporter probably would have just shot him on site.

11. black label

black label Karting

Aug 20, 2007
    Fareham England
    Full Name:
    Eric Hayto
    For gods sake ,give the guy a break its only his 2nd season, there is no doubt the guy is good and if he wants to say that he is as good as Ayrton who cares he has to prove it, i bet if you looked back in history maybe Ayrton might have said something like this when he first started out.
    What is wrong with comparing yourself to your hero, i bet you guys have all compared or wished you were like one of your heros but at least he has a chance to do it.

We have a few new rising stars this year, lets not forget them.

12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Weird? LH has no titles, not one much less 3 or 7. Its his mouth not anyone else's. Try some objectivity on this. He can and does make mistakes and mouths off. All people are capable of this. You dont need to trawl for it. We didnt have to trawl for LUCA and his pathetic running of the mouth after Singapore. No different here. LH deserves at times criticism wouldnt you agree. Surely you dont think he is perfect. He has made himself a public figure Steve, its not a conspiracy here.

13. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Which is precisely why the "good as Senna" mouthwurst (if true) is seen as being so arrogant...

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Second season or not, he is 23 and should behave like a 23 year old. IMO a lot of things that come out of his mouth are the things an insecure 15 year old would say.

He should have one (or a few...) of those people who walk around with him 24/7 and whisper things in his ear what he should say, not what he thinks.

Maybe its the press putting things in a different context, maybe he really is stupid enough to say **** like this.

What where senna's results in his first 35 races driving for a top team> how many of those where DNF and how many of those were not his fault (ie, hit by other, car failure). if hamilton IS better in those 35 odd races, then statisticly he will be better.

He is damn good, i liked him last year and even said 'i wouldnt mind if he won the championship this year'. But now? along with the ITV favouritism and the things he says, absolutely not.

15. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    +1

I mean, his "I'm no second, not even next to Schumacher" was very questionable in its wording, but this Senna comparison is clearly worded and clear BS. Yeah, Senna and Schumacher have been arrogant too, but not like THAT.

16. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods

And last season, wasn't there something about "I work (or concentrate) harder than anyone else in formula one"?

17. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    I wish Senna would come back from the grave and lap that boy. LH ain't even close to being in the same league, sorry....

Go Felipe!

18. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    They both were cocky and backed it up. LH is just plain arrogant from what I've seen. Of course he is Ron's protege.

19. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Indeed. We cannot forget the influence of RD on all this...any other manager would be trimming the sails, but Dennis seems to be enjoying it.

20. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    it will be interesting if he turns out to be as good as senna. He already is doing better than senna did in his first two years. so he has a head start.

21. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    and at the rate he cuts, chops, and rear-ends stopped drivers: will live as long as Senna too. Just because LH has balls, and makes for exciting racing, perhaps DOES put him in Senna's league

rik

22. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Twisting words. IT'S CATCHING ON HERE.. pathetic

23. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No weird, that everything Lewis say's becomes a thread, Ah it's food for the moronic haters I see.
    I accept what your saying, but to me I don't give a rats ass what he say's, if those on here want to believe it fair enough. I watch the racing, so I let him do his talking on the track, and it appears even when he had his win taken off him, he is still leading the WDC. So this self righteous BS, bashing his personality to me is just plain sour grapes and desperate, because he is winning. And I'm sad to see some here, ones that I DID respect there opinions, have followed in the same level of drivel of wanting LH fed to the pigs.

I don't hate any driver, never have done, and I cannot understand the bile that some on here have against the guy, who has proved himself to be a great racer. If he wants to compare himself to one of the greats so be it.

But carry on bash away, It's alright to see the same old posts.

24. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim

According to Hambone he is the best there ever was. Too bad he has nothing to back that up. Just another talking head.

25. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No, it will all be put down to luck...by the experts on this thread.