Oklahoma Spotters Thread | Page 25 | FerrariChat

Oklahoma Spotters Thread

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by dysko, Aug 13, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    So what sort of welcome do you get when you drive around OKC or Tulsa? Are you greeted by the type of personality that appreciates a rare and/or exotic automobile, or the type that is pissed off and jealous because they don't get one?

2. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I would still like to get the two groups together at least once a year for an all out OKLAHOMA CC. Can you imagine what that event would be like if Tulsa and OKC would pull together one day out of the year? Can someone drop some hints to those in charge in OKC? They can contact me at [email protected]. I have sponsors that would be ready to jump in on a grand event like that.

Curt

3. bobster_rulez

bobster_rulez Karting

Mar 5, 2012
    Talk to noblesteed he is the keeper of the okc list!!!!

4. Jimi900

Jimi900 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    You should get a gathering together of both groups in Stroud. You could do it on the huge concrete pad where the old outlet mall used to be. We used to do a lot of AutoX’s there. It is right at half way for both groups, plus just think of all the fun that would be had with those kind of motorcades on a hwy early in the morning!

Jim

5. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    Curt and Jim... I'd definitely love to work with everyone in our group to get something together for a OKC / Tulsa gathering. Stroud is cool... Round barn in Arcadia... Rock Cafe or Pops on Route 66 would all be great options. I'm working on a couple of events for the group. I know our guys would like it. As for the earlier question about "what sort of guys are involved"... I can comfortably speak for our group that everyone is extremely nice, not pretentious or cocky. Everyone is very laid back and are enthusiast to the brand. Right now in the OKC group we have:

2 308's, 4 458 coupes, 1 458 spider, 1 430, 2 360's, 1 355 spider, 3 mondials, 1 328, 2 550s, 1 575 and a few more new guys coming in. We are right around 20 owners and climbing. The coolest thing about the group is the diversity of guys and their professions.

Getting the Tulsa and OKC guys together would be a GREAT time. Also, I'm working on a charity event for the summer put on by the OKC group for later in the summer.

6. noblesteed

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    #606 noblesteed, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OKC / NORMAN / MOORE / EDMOND, etc owners... please email, text or call me if you plan on being at Cars and Coffee this Saturday, June 1st. Weather permitting we will be meeting at 7:45 am. I'll be there a bit early but can only hold so many spots so please let me know if you are coming. It's located at the South parking lot of North Park Mall at 122nd and May. Should be another great time! Bring out the horses!

Brantley 405.921.4259

[email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. MAJ MALFUNCTION

Apr 30, 2013
    Edmond, OK
    Brantley,

I sent you a reply to the e-mail you sent out. I'll be at the June 1st meet (as long as the weather is good).

Bryon

8. Ettie

Ettie Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    Turned out to be a beautiful morning! I hope everyone and their property is ok after the most recent batch of storms.

I was at C&C from about 9-10a this morning, saw a black Mondi with the top down and a beautiful red 458.

Also in attendance:

Resto-mod 1st gen Corvette
    911 Turbo
    Evora, Exige, and Elise
    Lots of rotary Mazda cars
    At least 4, maybe 5 Shelby Cobras (I'm no pro, but assuming they were all kits.)
    A 3rd gen Trans Am with 25k on the clock. Not ashamed to say I liked it.
    Red Viper GTS ACR
    Few older muscle cruisers that I couldn't correctly identify

Turnout was definitely down from the big months, but it was still a good show while I was there.

9. stevew3765

stevew3765 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    I spy an ice blue Ferrari I think a 360. Maybe newer. Welcome whomever you are and see you out maybe. :)

10. JPSIII

JPSIII Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Phillip Sartin
    #610 JPSIII, Jun 3, 2013
    Last Thursday I spotted a white Audi R8 Spyder, Friday i spotted a blacked out Lamborghini Gallardo, and today saw an azzurro blue Ferrari California driven by an unhappy looking blonde lady who couldn't have been older than 25. How can you not look happy in a Ferrari I will never know

11. stevew3765

stevew3765 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    Was it a light blue? If so, it's the same one I saw on 101st and yale yesterday...

12. JPSIII

JPSIII Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Phillip Sartin
    Yes light blue. Nice color on that car

13. noblesteed

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    I knew Tim was out there with his 458... the streets were so messed up in areas that most of us couldn't make it. There will be a get together in the coming weeks that I'm putting together. I'll let you know!

14. JPSIII

JPSIII Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Phillip Sartin
    #614 JPSIII, Jun 8, 2013
  15. Ettie

Ettie Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    Man what a turnout at C&C!

There were 2 Aventadors, nearly 10 F-cars including a yellow Dino if I'm not double counting anyone, an Espada that was immaculate, and tons more of the type you've come to expect from this gathering. I would not be surprised if there were 300 cars in the show lot. We had to park almost at the stoplight at the north end of the mall parking lot and walk down to the main area; there were tons of spectators.

16. Sea-Dated

Sea-Dated Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #616 Sea-Dated, Jul 30, 2013
  17. dmnwlf

dmnwlf Rookie

Dec 22, 2007
    On nice days, the McLaren is parked at a small office just south of the Blue Cross Blue Shield building at 14th and Boston. Previously, there was a Ford GT at the same place.

18. noblesteed

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    #618 noblesteed, Aug 24, 2013
    Extremely rare, real deal, Porsche 959... just off the truck from Pebble Beach... now in Oklahoma City. 1 of just 300. Still had Euro plates on it.

19. Ettie

Ettie Karting

Aug 16, 2011

I wish there was a place at our C&C where stuff like this could be safely shown. That is an amazing piece of Porsche right there :)

20. JPSIII

JPSIII Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Phillip Sartin
    Now that's awesome

21. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    959, so far ahead of its time, drool....

22. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Black Gallardo this past Sunday in Broken Arrow, heading north on Lynn Ln about 6:45PM. I live in the area, but have never seen that one.

23. Ettie

Ettie Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    C&C was cool and damp, but there was still a healthy crowd there when I got in about 9:30.

C7 Corvette with 1 day old dealer plates, very cool looking car. A little angry looking but I'm really sold on it being a visual improvement on the C6 after seeing it in person. If the owner happens to see this thank you for bringing it out!

Other notables:

Black TR
    White RR Sedan with a mannequin in the back seat.
    Macca 12C (Spider?)
    Black Mondial
    Red 308GT/4? Had some bodywork in the chin area, not sure about this one.
    Silver AM V12 Vantage

Ton of others I'm forgetting or missed.

Spotted today in Norman @ 24th and Lindsey, 360 Spider, looked great :)

24. JPSIII

JPSIII Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Phillip Sartin
    #624 JPSIII, Oct 21, 2013
    This weekend was homecoming at Oklahoma State University and as such, the alumni were present in large volume, as were their cars. Most notably I saw a white Maserati Gran Turismo Cabriolet, a black Maserati Gran Turismo coupe, a black Lamborghini Gallardo, and a black Ferrari F430 Spider, not to mention many AMG Mercedes, Porsches, a Jag F-Type, and other things of the like. Here is the Maserati-Lamborghini-Ferrari trifecta in pictures:

25. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    Hahah sweet scuderia shields on the gallardo.