OKLAHOMA CITY | FerrariChat

OKLAHOMA CITY

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by 348Tony, Jul 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348Tony

348Tony Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 8, 2010
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Hello all...

I know there are some Ferrari guys in Oklahoma City. I'm from there and travel thru often. You'll see me in a Triple Nero 348 Spider from time to time.

Are there any meets or get togethers? How many of you guys and gals are there?

2. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Hey Tony!!

I am down in Lawton. I dont know of any real get togethers up there, however, I do know a few of the local owners. Next time you are going to be around shoot me a PM. If I can get away I would be up for getting together or whatever..

PDG

3. 84gtb

84gtb Rookie

Jun 7, 2010
    okc oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Larry Blackwell
    Hey Tony I live in s.w. okc and drive a 84 308 gtb. I use to work at Big Red ferrari in the 80,s, Not much gatherings of cars here would like to see more. and meet new People that share the ferrari passion.

4. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    I just moved to Edmond in November. I tried to get a dyno day going but the Ferrari community is kind of all over the place. I see Ferrari's up here but none have any presence on this forum or the local forums. The local owners must see themselves as too elitist for clubs lol.

I ran into a fellow with a 355 spyder the other day who was a recent owner. I told him of the fchat community and that I am trying to build it up a bit locally. Seemed interested until I tried to email him. Guy gave me a fake email address.....poser.

5. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #5 BlackBird007, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
    Hi Tony,I am up in OKC right now,Im staying near Will Rogers Airport. Im driving back to DFW tomorrow,and I will be up here again hopefully a few more times in the future.

If you would like an interesting sight,Clark Gable's 300SL Gullwing is at Mercedes of OKC. Gorgeous car. ;)

Definitely a highlight of my trip,seeing that. :D

6. SoonerBJJ

SoonerBJJ Rookie

Feb 6, 2011
    Oklahoma
    New to the forum but not new to Oklahoma.

I don't currently own a Ferrari but can see one in my future.

I've recently purchased a 1973 DeTomaso Pantera. We have a small but active Pantera group in OKC and would invite the local Ferrari along.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #7 rob lay, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
    have you met Matt Bradley out of Tulsa area with a Pantera? he lived in DFW and was friends with our group.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/member.php?u=535

8. SoonerBJJ

SoonerBJJ Rookie

Feb 6, 2011
    Oklahoma
    No, I'm afraid I don't know Matt but I know his handle from the Pantera forum.

9. DocE

DocE Karting

Jul 27, 2009
    Edmond, OK
    Full Name:
    Name
    Welcome, SoonerBJJ! A few of us are here in OKC...

10. SoonerBJJ

SoonerBJJ Rookie

Feb 6, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Thanks, DocE. Hopefully as the weather warms we can find occasion to get folks together.

Our Pantera group gets together on a semi-regular basis at an owner's home in Nichols Hills. A Lambo is in regular attendance but no Ferraris. We'd love to add some F-cars to the mix.

11. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
  12. dinosar

dinosar Rookie

Nov 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hello from up here in Stillwater.

Basically I collect, restore and ride/drive old Italian stuff. It all started with an old Moto Guzzi Ambassador basket case years ago (still have the old tractor) and has now progressed to an old Ducati SS900, a nice 1980 GTSi and last year I scored a 74 Pantera L in the California dessert for really turbo-cheap. Basically had the Pantera running street legal in two weeks.

I run continous small projects from one vehicle to another. Just finished up rebuilding the window mechanisms on the Pantera and am now moving to the 308. There is a small rust blister starting on the C-pillar and fender joint. Can anyone recommend an OKC or Edmond body shop that does this type of repair. Its about one level up from a big stone chip repair. I might try it myself if no-joy. Pantera also needs a paint job eventually (as I cycle back around to it).

Also just looking for some like-minded chums in the area. My buddy up here has a nice 512BB and might be interested also.

Scott

I should probably mention I also have a complete running 328 engine/tranny I am thinking of dropping into the 308 - then turbo'ing the 2-valver. Pipe dreams.....

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    there is a good group of FCA members around OKC.

also Rocky Santiago has cool stuff, I bought my 328 from him.

14. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!

Really?? Where. I just moved from OKC and during the 2 years I lived there found the car club scene, service scene, machine shops, body shop, to be..... different.

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    we run into the OK FCA at the Bob Smith Coachwork tours and the nicer shows here in DFW area.

16. dinosar

dinosar Rookie

Nov 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hmmm, OK, I will have to check around and see if I can make contact with these folks. Thanks.

17. KangarooAR15

KangarooAR15 F1 Rookie

Aug 3, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    OKC is a neat town. I am making my 3rd trip since New Years weekend as I have begun seeing someone there. (Flying every other weekend now)

I've enjoyed meeting the people in OKC and have really enjoyed visiting on weekends.

One question: does the wind EVER stop?

18. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    no

19. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    You will need to head East to the lake come Spring. If you are cool and not a dork and actually like to have a good time we have plenty of room for you and lots of cool cars and boats I just so happen to sell land here too so I think you need to build a nice stabbin cabin for youre new love:) I take take personal checks and interesting trades with four wheels.

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    no, Oklahoma blows! :)

21. KangarooAR15

KangarooAR15 F1 Rookie

Aug 3, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Deal! Sounds good. I'll bring the beer and wine.

Rob: LOL on the wind!

22. KangarooAR15

KangarooAR15 F1 Rookie

Aug 3, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Just returned from another good weekend in OKC.

Had dinner at a place called Red Rock Steakhouse. Good food but funny as Hell on margaritas.

Apparently they think olives belong in a margarita.

My gf ordered her rita and they served it with 2 olives and a lime.
    Funny stuff.

The WIND never died down.

23. BULL RUN

BULL RUN Formula 3

Dec 18, 2004
    That's nothing, next time your in town order spaghetti someplace, they'll offer you fries with it.

24. KangarooAR15

KangarooAR15 F1 Rookie

Aug 3, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I saw a place called Carinos I think it was and it said "Country Italian" on the sign.

Wasn't sure how to interpret that so I decided not to try it out.

Actually, I am really enjoying my time in OKC. But I don't like the 3% beer and the fact that I can't buy wine at the grocery store. (Wine is a bit higher in OKC too, so now I pack wine when I fly there)

Also.... do not order the fried alligator at a place called Bourbon Street in Bricktown.

I don't think alligator is a great idea for OKC. It was like chewing on a rubber ball. :D

25. Ettie

Ettie Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    Johnny Carino's is a laid back olive garden, with even less sophistication. Menu is chain quality. My palette isn't too demanding :)

Glad to see lots (more than I thought) of F-car drivers in the OKC area. Always exciting to see one on the road.