OKC Members: I Need Some Tips | FerrariChat

OKC Members: I Need Some Tips

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by KangarooAR15, Dec 20, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KangarooAR15

KangarooAR15 F1 Rookie

Aug 3, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Ok here is the deal:

I am flying up to OKC on Dec 30 for 3 days to take out a girl for New Years and the night before.

I think I will arrange my hotel in an area called Bricktown.

I don't know OKC at all but any help here would be appreciated....

I need to find a couple of nice restaurants, something romantic would be good.

Also, something nice for New Years Eve, something nice with music would be great.

2. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    Brocktown is cool. Plenty to do.

Mickey mantles is a nice restaurant. Lots of stuff in the area you can walk to. It's slightly similar to river walk in San Antonio.

3. KangarooAR15

KangarooAR15 F1 Rookie

Aug 3, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Cool and Thank You!

I booked at the Sheraton in Bricktown.

Theres a steak place there called Red Prime Steak that we will try as well!

Thanks again!

4. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    Just saw this. I am new to OK but agree that Bricktown will be fun.

If you venture up to Tulsa, Grand Lake is a cool place to hang out. We all have places there.

5. TdF

TdF Karting

Aug 4, 2006
    Sounds like someone planning to drop the big question.
    She is a Ferrari fan, no?

6. vinny72758

vinny72758 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2011
    Rogers, AR
    Full Name:
    Vince
    I'm not from OKC, but am in Bricktown 5-6 times a year. Nonna's Ristorante is nice and a short walk from the Sheraton. It has a little more of an intimate atmosphere versus Mickey Mantle's. But the steaks and the rack of lamb at Minkey Mantle's are great.
    Vinny

7. KangarooAR15

KangarooAR15 F1 Rookie

Aug 3, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    No actually she is a girl I have been talking to for awhile but haven't met yet. Her sister lives here in Houston and I know her. (which is how I found the girl in OKC ) :)

I am going up to meet her because she is really a wonderful girl and I have wanted to meet her for awhile, so New Years sounded like a perfect time to do it!

Vinny: Thanks for the tips on the restaurants! I will check them out!

I am now booked at the Renaissance in Bricktown. It looked a little nicer and they have an indoor pool. :)

I'll p;ost pics after the trip and Thank You for the tips!!!

8. vinny72758

vinny72758 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2011
    Rogers, AR
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Good pick on the Renaissance. The Sheraton is past its prime and is starting to show its age. Even with nice decor, it still feels like you stepped back in time to the 1970's somehow unless you get one of the Executive suites.

Vinny

9. KangarooAR15

KangarooAR15 F1 Rookie

Aug 3, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    #9 KangarooAR15, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    After Action Report: NYE OKC

Girl is fantastic. We spent all Friday evening bombing around Bricktown. Dinner at a place called Bourbon Street. Not bad.

Had a few drinks at Red Prime Steakhouse. Exceptional service and they moved my booking to 8:30 pm for NYE. Sky Bar afterwards. Very young crowd, not my scene but we had fun.

Rennaissance Hotel was ok. Staff very pleasant. Hotel: typical chain but nice.

NYE: Dinner at Red Prime Steakhouse. Got the best table there, a private circular booth. Service was fantastic, food was excellent! Finished up at the only bar we saw without a huge line... a place called "Whiskey Chicks"..not one I would recommend but we had fun.

Flight home was delayed and eventually canceled, flew home morning of Jan 2.

OKC was very fun, the girl is fantastic and I am flying up again weekend after next to see her again.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    Wow cool. She hit Grand Lake during Summer?

11. KangarooAR15

KangarooAR15 F1 Rookie

Aug 3, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I don't know. We just started dating but I will ask this weekend.