Okay, I'll play | FerrariChat

Okay, I'll play

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Scotty, Oct 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Just back from a 3600.1 mile road trip through the desert southwest of the US. Thinking about going international for the next trip and doing "Africa light"--South Africa and maybe Namibia. Have researched Rovos Rail and that appeals as a cool, different experience. I'd want to do the mostly the usual stuff--see cool big mammals, but also focus on snakes and birds. I'm gluten free (not by choice) which makes travel a bit of a challenge but some initial research suggests it wouldn't be that tough. Any thoughts on the big game parks in SA and Namibia?

2. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
  3. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Please provide details. Are you comfortable typing them out? I currently live in Portland Oregon, and I am a huge wine advocate. Tasting would absolutely be on our radar screen.

4. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Not a problem at all, I'll write it out in a couple days. Have to double-check everywhere I even went.

5. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    That is totally awesome--thank you. Playing with flights right now. I've found great Alaska milage flights--first over on Emirates, first back on British Airways. Very very tempting.

6. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Haven't flown Emirates yet, although I'm certain it will be nice. Do you know which plane on BA?

7. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    BA SA to London is a 777, BA London to the west coast of the US is the double decker Airbus.