Oil Leaking from here... What is this part? | FerrariChat

Oil Leaking from here... What is this part?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by LA_Rari_22, Jul 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LA_Rari_22

LA_Rari_22 Rookie

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Len U
  2. LA_Rari_22

LA_Rari_22 Rookie

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Len U
    Clutch slave cylinder... I answered my own question. LOL

3. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL
    Good, it pays to do your own research...

4. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    That hydraulic fluid is corrosive. Make sure to put something under it, so it doesn't get on the frame, and brake line parts.

5. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    A set of Seals you find at redbaycars.be. I change my slave cilinder seal every 2 years. Easy to do and prevents pitching the slave interior metal. You can leave the whole cilinder is place, just remove the sealing ring inside, piston will drop when pumping your pedal.

6. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Often it is the clutch slave cylinder indeed! However, there is another location where you see the leakage in the same area and perhaps both locations leak ;) There is a tube traveling towards the oil sump and there it could leuk as it is exposed to the heat of the exhaust manifold and the tube becomes hard and cracks (green arrow).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. LA_Rari_22

LA_Rari_22 Rookie

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Len U
    Thank you all for the responses...

I have ordered the part (Part # 107867), hope it solves the problem. On the new part I noticed the rubber boot tapers in at the bottom where the rod goes. hope to work as its the correct part number

SO the brake and clutch reservoir is in the Frunk to the driver side right??

MvT likes this.
  8. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Yup

9. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I suggest you replace the clutch slave hose, it takes a lot of heat from the header and can perish. It is not a big deal to do this while you are replacing the cylinder itself, and the hose is available from eg. AW Italian at a reasonable price.