Oil hose | FerrariChat

Oil hose

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by theobordeaux, May 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. theobordeaux

theobordeaux Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2011
    Bordeaux (France)
    Full Name:
    Theodore
    #1 theobordeaux, May 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Hi Theodore,

I have changed the lower hose and soon expect to change the upper one. Send me a PM with Your asking price.

Thanks,
    Arvid

3. theobordeaux

Jan 13, 2011
    Bordeaux (France)
    Full Name:
    Theodore
    I have send to you a PM. The price is included shipping.

Regards

Theodore

4. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    I believe the diagram shown is for a GT not an auto. My oil fittings for a '84 400i on on the left side not the right side of cooler. Parts diagram only has the GT pic. Maybe this diagram is correct for a 400 (not 400i) auto. I had a single top hose made for about $120.
    Ken

5. theobordeaux

Jan 13, 2011
    Bordeaux (France)
    Full Name:
    Theodore
    Hello ken,

The oil hose for my car, automatic 400 is the one on the diagram. I put up yesterday. This is a hose manufactured by a sub-traintant Aviation Airbus and I made it to 4 for $ 75 each. The diagram Eurospares is the same for the 400i but is different for 412. A check with owners of 400i. Perhaps some changes were made on some cars.
    If anyone is interested I still have two hoses

Theodore

6. Al Campbell

Al Campbell Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Hi Theodore,

Any chance you still have these hoses for sale?

I am chasing an oil leak on my car & found that the top hose has a crimp fitting split from one end to the other. The bottom hose looks to have a patch on it also. :(

Cheers,
    Al

7. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    I had my top hose made at a local hydraulic shop and it fit and works fine; you have to be sure to "clock" the end fittings. They re-used my end fittings. Although my lower hose had not failed I sought a replacement / spare. I went to same shop and since they reused my end fittings first time this was not possible for the lower hose as I wold lose too much hose length in the assembly. So I located a used hose in Germany and paid a leg worth of Euro's for it.It looks in good condition and seller pressure tested it. So I keep as a spare.
    Ken

8. Al Campbell

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    These oil hoses are giving me the Sh!ts.

I had a top hose manufactured but I'm not happy with it after looking up the hose spec it's only rated to 100 degree's C so have purchased a NOS top hose.

The bottom hose I was unable to get a new one made up so tried rebuilding an old original unit with new braided hose but it leaked & made a nice mess of my shed. I then purchased a very expensive second hand bottom hose & had it pressure tested yesterday to find it leaks as well.

Some good news from Maranello yesterday though - "We are looking into have part 114813 hoses remanufactured at the moment. approx. ETA is 2-3 months, and sorry no price yet."

Looks like my car will be off the road a bit longer. :(

9. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Al,

Sadly, a number of companies that will "make up a hose" fail to check the spec's on the replacement hose material. Temperature, as you indicated, is one of the key parameters, but also the hose material needs to be gasoline/petrol and ethanol tolerant... this is a biggie. Two years ago it took a lot of time for me to find a hose shop that could "make me a replacement" for my BB. I say this, as the City I live eat, lives, and breathes big oil... and so there are a ton of businesses that cater to this industry. There str at least 30 hose shops in my area and I could find only one that had the right material for a replacement. The caveat was that hose did not have its braid exposed and was stiffer than the original. However, it is temperature rated for our cars and was unaffected by gasoline/petrol and ethanol (e.g. byproducts of our older engines and the current fuel formulations here in North America). In fact the only liquid that it was not tolerant to was brake fluid... and I am pretty confident this will not be a problem :)

Cheers,

Sam

10. Al Campbell

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply. Do you remember what brand/spec hose you used?

I'm limited where I live as there are only 2 hydraulic hose repairers in a 1000K radius & neither want's to work on automotive hoses at all. Each also uses a specific manufacturer of hoses & crimps & won't purchase other brands for one off jobs.

It would be good if anyone knows of a replacement hose that can used used with the original reuseable fittings.

I have also tried to order another top hose 114814 from eurospares but these are now obsolete as well. :(

Cheers,
    Al

11. Bill26

Bill26 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Bill Murdoch
    This type of hose is readily available and works with the original (remakeable) end fittings - rated at 300 Deg F and 500psi. You can also use "dash" (AN) fittings and metric adapters to fit the existing engine/car fittings.

http://www.mscn.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=333_334_1107&product_id=681

You can make up these hoses yourself and so you don't have to rely on the hydraulic hose guys (with rock-ape mentality) who are used to working on construction equipment.

It also looks very nice (and original) with the braided cover.

Regards

WM

12. Al Campbell

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    Thanks Bill,

Do the original fittings clamp on this speedflow hose OK? It has a listed wall thickness of 3mm the same as the hose I tried with disastrous results - luckily I ran it up on the hoist & shut it down straight away. I would hate this to happen on the open road. The original hose appears to have a wall thickness of around 4.5mm & an outside diameter of 25mm. Even allowing for swelling the old hose has a greater wall thickness & compresses more in the fittings.

Cheers,
    Al
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Bill26

Bill26 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Bill Murdoch
    Al,

Looks like you used a steel braided hose.

I don't remember the exact part number of the hose I used but it was not steel braided and worked fine with the standard fittings.

There are a few different suppliers of this type of hose which is typically used in motorsport applications.

Regards

WM

14. Al Campbell

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    Hi Bill,

It's a shame you don't have the part number still - all the ones I'm finding are 3mm or less wall thickness & run the risk of destroying my engine. :(

Cheers,
    Al

15. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Al,

The shop never told me who actually made the hose. They simply took my old hose and made up the replacement reusing the old fittings. I will go thought my files to see if the hose material was listed/printed on the invoice. If I find it I will post up.

Cheers,

Sam

16. Al Campbell

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    6 months on, but I received my new bottom hose today. :)
    Maranello now have these in stock again. They do look about 10mm longer than the original but hopefully it will fit up OK & I can get my car back on the road.

Cheers,
    Al

17. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    YAY! Back to terrorising the Territorians on the road!

18. Al Campbell

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    Schumi and roger21 like this.