Oh Yes I got to drive this morning! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Oh Yes I got to drive this morning!

Discussion in 'New England' started by dan360, Dec 19, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey Mr. Doody,

Do you store your car for the winter at a car storage place or just an extra garage bay at a friends house or something?

The reason I'm asking is because I was considering whether or not a car storage facility is something that would be able to make enough money to look into as a business opportunity.

Birdman

2. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Nabbs,
    That second pic is even more hilarious than the first. Man, you would never get me to crawl under a car that is jacked up and supported by a pile of wheels!

Birdman

3. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Birdman:

Regarding the storage business; it is a lot of hassle. You have to move around cars to fit more in, worry about anything hitting those particular cars, have theplace heated, watch for little critters anywhere, etc. If you have a large garage that is heated it may be a plan for you to look into. The storage facility we use for our customer's cars runs about $150 a month, is heated, dust free, and has a responsible crew. We have stored cars in our shop before but it just becomes a hassle as things happen while you are running around working on a car. You may have even more luck storing boats in your facility. They can be a larger hassle but you can definately charge more for storage.

As far as a lift, try to get one that has metal safety catches. The Rotary lifts and such only have those cables that have been known to break and collapse. If you get a lift with metal catches, you will never have to worry about the car falling down on the lift. Feel free to come by to my place and I can show you the shop. May give you some ideas with what you want to do.

4. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Tony,

I would indeed like to see your 4 Post Lift, and I'm right down the road. One of these dry sunny days I'll drive one of the fun cars over...

Thanks, and Kind Regards, Chris