Oh shucks.... | FerrariChat

Oh shucks....

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by lorenzobandini, May 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I hope she wins the Indy 500 just so I can watch everyone's head explode.

Lotaz and Gran Drewismo like this.
  2. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yes. This.

3. #4 lorenzobandini, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    What would it prove? With the pot luck that the Indycar spec cars are at Indy, it would just be a lucky roll of the dice (as for any other driver in decently prepared equipment), as was her win in Japan.

I don't see any heads "exploding"; 'just the same thought.

4. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yes all the macho men on this forum wouldn't know what to do if she won. Say what they want their heads would explode.

william and Gran Drewismo like this.
  5. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    My feelings towards Princess Sparkle Pony are indifferent. She wins...congrats to her. If not, then so long PSP. I simply prefer the rules as they were, not contrived parity as presented today. I would rather watch paint dry then 33 of the same thing, powered by two of a kind engines, mated to one design fits all gearbox. There is more skill to life than equality and participation trophies.

Isobel and lorenzobandini like this.
  6. What has one's machismo or effeminacy to do with her ability (or lack thereof)?

7. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Hoping that we'd be "done with her" when we all knew that she'd be doing Indy
    this year?

You hoped against hope that the hype machine that follows Danica would magically
    disappear and there'd be no news generated out of her final racing appearance and
    she'd just fade away like a puff of smoke on one of racing biggest stages?

Sadly, your expectations are unrealistic given Danica's history and the fact that Indy
    Car will be squeezing every bit of PR out of this appearance that they can. Expect
    to see full length docu-features showing her in glowing terms returning to Indy to
    reclaim her former glory after washing out in NASCAR multiple times during the
    month and how they'll be charting her progress (or lack thereof) during the race
    itself, count on it.

Spare us the underhanded criticisms, after Indy it will all be over.

BHW

8. (A) No we didn't. Neither ride (Daytona or Indy) was assured when she initially announced plans to do them as her "last hurrah".
    And my non giving a hoot about IndyCar, I haven't even given a thought about her having the ride or not 'til now.

(B) 'Never hoped that about your "hype machine" at all. I knew it wouldn't stop. I wished it would but had no false hopes whatsoever

(C) Again, this time "expectations". I had none. 'Just hope. In this case, that she wouldn't get a ride for Indy.

(D) Interesting. I'm chastised for being "brutally" honest with my opines and now it's called "underhanded".
    'Nothing underhanded about my opinions of her personality nor her lack of driving skills (more than just behind the wheel; setup for example).

I have a passion for racing and what it takes for the drivers, engineers and crews to achieve, not "the show". As far as people go, we all have our likes and dislikes re: personality.
    As a driver, she's nothing spectacular (as proven by her non-record). I already stated my position re: personality.

I have respected drivers with personalities I don't care for but had/have great driving skills; great personalities with less than stellar driving skill. And, of course, those with both.
    Danica doesn't fit , for me, either. Is that un-underhanded enough? I thought that's all I've ever stated.

If I'm mistaken and am having (another:oops:) memory lapse, I sincerely apologize.
    If not, that's good too. I've skin enough too handle criticism, even if it is misguided.:)

9. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    You're going to love this then Lorenzo...

BHW

10. 'Haven't the interest to watch it and could care less one way or t'other. I'll watch the race 'cause it was what it was and I'm aware she's there and am gonna hafta listen to the crap about her being "so good" and that's that.

Now, why didn't you address your subject of my "underhanded" criticisms? pm me if you prefer. ;) :)

rdefabri likes this.
  11. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    The funny part is....she is right. The little details make these cars work. A .010 difference can mean the difference between the pole position and finding the wall. This new car may be her Achilles heel or a trip to victory lane. Howw she handles it will be interesting.

amerikalei likes this.
  12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    She looks better in a bikini than the rest.

13. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    You've seen the rest of them in a bikini then have you? LOL
    While I'll grant that your statement is probably true Danica being portrayed as having anything beyond average or not-actively-hideous looks always irritates me. She's a manufactured product and without a team of stylists, makeup, a good photographer and Photoshop she is plain looking at best. Unfortunately her personality is of no help in this regard - making her considerably less attractive.

lorenzobandini likes this.
  14. 'Gave it a gander, now what was I s'posed to gave gleaned from it? 'Stock statement to me...

15. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No one's heads will explode. She's had most of her recent rides for one reason-she is a woman and comparatively attractive. I have zero issues with women in racing and am happy to cheer the successful examples that go about their business and compete and beat the men. Patrick has a crappy attitude, crashes often, has great equipment that is squandered, looks ridiculous when she stomps down pit row to call out another driver, has an endless litany of excuses and, frankly, has become a bore. The King was right-the only way she'll win a race is if everyone else drops out. As to whether or not she may be a better driver than many here on this forum? Who cares-no different than complaining about any other over rated sports figure that plays sub par. I don't have to throw a football 80 yards to know when a QB stinks. Same with DP.

rdefabri and lorenzobandini like this.
  16. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Michelle Mouton and Denise McCullage had far more talent. And they beat men on their own terms. I respect both greatly. Same for Lyn St James. PSP is nothing more than a modern day media circus whose primary purpose is to sell stuff. Add in Shirley Mulldowney and you have some really talented women drivers thru the years. More women will make it to the top, but they have to get rid of the cheesecake crap and show the talent, not the flesh. Respect is earned, not given.

rdefabri and lorenzobandini like this.
  17. ...............10
    ...........xX

[TP, I figger you get it, but I'm a "nerd" on the "Jock Clear" thread (F1 board), so for the uninitiated, that's "times X to the tenth power".
    Oops, being "nerdy" again, what ever shall I do? :confused:]

:)

18. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Yep..sure did. Should I give them the deviation of tolerance accepted?

lorenzobandini likes this.
  19. Naaaahhhh..... :cool:

20. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
  21. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I like Danica, but I agree 100% with this.

22. I like this ^^^ guy (gal). :)

'Tolerable. A DP "fan" with a fair amount of reasoning. ;)

rdefabri likes this.
  23. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I met her at the Milwaukee Mile when she was doing Formula Atlantic. Quite pleasant to listen to and reasonably quick that day.