Official Stanley Cup 2019 thread | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Official Stanley Cup 2019 thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheMayor, Apr 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Forgive me for this story. Back in our 20's growing up in PA we were all rabid Flyers fans. My best friend's girl at the time was taking a ceramics class, and one day brought back about a dozen beer mugs of hockey players she had made, each painted in true colors, unis and numbers of a team's star (Bobby Clark # 16 was Flyers). One of the figurines was Gary "Iron Man" Unger, #7 for the Blues, that she gave to my friend's kid brother, who was also named Gary. From that moment on, my dear friend Gary was a die-hard Blues fan. They never won the Cup during his lifetime, which was unfairly cut short at age 48 by cancer. I thought of him throughout the entire Game 7 last night. Rest in Peace, Gary...your Blues are the Champions of Hockey.

alum04org likes this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This is why Hockey is such a great sport.

alum04org likes this.
  3. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    And this.... a version played during game 6, I think it was. Sadly the hockey world lost Milt in 2017.

I'm not cryin', you're cryin' :p

4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It shows how bad the Maple Leafs SUCK when the Raptors win a title before the Leafs do

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The Bruins really took it to them in the 1st period, and they played hard throughout the game. I thought the game was well played on both sides and officiated well and fairly. In the end the better team won. Congrats to the Blues and their long awaiting fans.

Steelton Keith likes this.
  6. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    A classy post Paul.

7. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This game was remeniscent of game 2 and game 4 where Boston completely dominated the game but could not score.

8. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Agree

9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  10. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I've avoided this thread for the last week. I'm still bummed that the Bruins lost, but in the end, the Blues deserved it more. They showed up for game 7, and Binnington played out of his mind in the first period, which ended up being the difference. I truly believe that if the Bruins scored in the first, then we could have had a different game and possibly a different outcome. But, it wasn't meant to be.
    My 12 year old daughter plays hockey and is fairly obsessed with the Bruins. (I created a monster) She was too young in 2011 to remember the Cup run and wasn't nearly as interested in 2013 as she is now. So, this was her first experience with her team reaching the finals where she was fully invested. I warned her that it was going to be an emotional roller coaster, which it was. As much as I wanted the Bruins to win just because I'm a fan, I wanted them to win more so she could experience it. When I got home from the game, she was sleeping on the couch with the postgame stuff still on. I woke her up, she sat up and gave me a big hug, and we chatted for a couple minutes on her way to bed. She asked if I was OK and I told her I was bummed, but mostly felt bad for her, because I knew how upset she was going to be. She then told me she was mostly sad because she knew I was going to be upset. It's kind of silly, but it was a nice little moment. We both agreed we would be a little upset that our team lost, but agreed it was a great season but the Blues deserved to win the game.

alum04org likes this.
  11. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    That is a great post Jay.

TheMayor likes this.
  12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    There is no shame in losing in the finals of the Stanley Cup. Its something to be proud of for your team and what they accomplished.

Ask me how I know..... :)

13. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay

I agree. But, this was worse than 2013. That year, Chicago was clearly the better team. Although the Bruins choked in the last two minutes of game 6, Chicago should have one that series. This year, I still think the Bruins were the better team. But, they ran into a team that played them very much the way the Bruins played the Canucks in 2011.
    In 2013 I stayed through the cup presentation and politely cheered for the Blackhawks. This year, I wanted no part of seeing the Cup being awarded to another team on Boston ice, so I bolted just before the final buzzer and skipped all of the celebrations.

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Next year Bruins vs Vegas. Come here and see how it's done. :)

15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Unless he signs with a REAL contender.

As long as he plays for San Jose, he will never win a Stanley Cup.