OFFICIAL GRAN TURISMO 5 THREAD | Page 76 | FerrariChat

OFFICIAL GRAN TURISMO 5 THREAD

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Dincenzo, Jul 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i just searched all over the game for the topgear track and still cant find anything other than the 3 'specials' with the vw's and lotus. any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

2. suggett48116

suggett48116 Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Brighton,Michigan
    Full Name:
    Carl
    you need to finish the VW bus special event to "unlock" the top gear test track for practice use.

3. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I forgot all about that.... it was quite difficult to finish 2 clean laps w/out wiping out in the Lotus. And perhaps tougher to finish the Schwimmerwaggon thing in 1st place in 2 laps. I think you just need bronzes to open it up.

4. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have bronzes and silvers in the TG Challenge, and I dont have the track on practice mode. I know they were supposed to make the track standard, perhaps its a bug?

5. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Nope you need to Gold the events to get the TG track in Practice Mode. The Elise event is a major pain but I thought the VW event was kinda fun.

6. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    You have to be in 3rd by the follow through on the 1st lap, and real in the other two on the last lap. It was definitely a huge PITA.

7. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    My son lives for Top Gear (the show) and loves driving on that track in GT5. I don't drive on GT5 very much, but he made me do the VW race. I thought it was fun and a bit weird -- it's like racing in slow motion and is oddly entertaining. I couldn't beat it until I switched from manual to automatic. Normally, manual is better, but with the weird torque (if you can even use that word) curve of the VW, it seems to have better power when left in auto than when shifting at redline in manual. It might be worth giving auto a try if you are using manual.

8. GFUracing

GFUracing Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2005
    Ahwatukee Foothills
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    thanks for the tip peter. I have just gotten around to trying that VW race and failed my first attempt (manual trans).

9. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Does anyone know anything about a new DLC or if it is even comming? I want to drive 1990's Japanease tin box and pay $4.99 to do it. Perhaps they will have some Chinease cars this DLC? I can only hope.

10. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzaynkoC04k[/ame]

11. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  12. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  13. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
  14. White Knight

White Knight Formula 3

Aug 22, 2011
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Todd S.
    I see so much 430 and 458 in that car it's not funny. Interesting idea with the regenerative braking though.

When'll GT5 push out some more Ferraris??? And more real-world tracks.

15. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yes...we do. Here's a whole list of F-cars they can put in there, that I feel they should have put in there initially, or released in DLC.

F50
    288 GTO
    250 GTO
    250 GT Lusso
    Dino 246
    Daytona Coupe and Spyder
    FXX
    275 GTS
    550/575
    550 Barchetta
    575 Superamerica
    599XX
    599 GTO
    360 Challenge Stradale
    16M Scuderia
    F2002
    Testarossa

Of course, they ditched these for 500 variations of Nissan Skylines, Mazda Miatas, and Honda Civics.

Others that got ditched.
    Aston Martin DBS
    Aston Martin One-77
    Aston Martin Vanquish 007
    Aston Martin DB5 007
    Bentley Continental Supersports
    Koenigsegg CCX
    Lamborghini Diablo
    Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
    Lamborghini Reventon
    Maserati MC12
    Maserati GranSport
    Mercedes CLK63 Black Series
    Mercedes SL65 Black Series
    Mercedes CLK-DTM
    Pagani Zonda Cinque
    Porsche. Period.
    RUF RT12
    RUF 997 RGT
    Spyker Aileron
    Spyker LM85

16. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Looks like the new DLC went live today. I am going to go DL it!!! :):):)

Now... About those Ferraris...

17. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well, I have played the new track in the practice mode. Nothing to write home about, its just an oval. I saw that coming but I really was hoping for something more than just an oval. Its 3 or 4 dollars! It is very pretty though.

The cars have me underwhelmed. The Aventador is nice. It even sounds like it should (just wish it was louder). The V12 Vantage drives and sounds like it should, too. The rest of the cars are so insignificant I have no desire to play them. Why on earth did they bother to include them is beyond me. I am sure the manufacturers pay them to have them included but I still don't think that is a good enough excuse. I have no need for a Leaf. Really, does anyone want this car?! A Mini Countryman is about as useful on here as a Prius, and at least the Prius has a racing version. Finally a line has to be drawn with an old VW. A VW Beetle?! Is PD making a joke about having a Porsche in the game?

What we can expect in the future is that PD will make a car pack with one or two cars that people want and then fill the rest in with marketing bs. Hopefully the next one proves me wrong.

18. Hakan458

Hakan458 Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Hakan
    Bought the DLC, enjoy it, but not as much as I could be.

I agree, we need a Ferrari DLC pack ;)

19. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Bought it last night, to sum it up the Speed course gets old real quick. It's fun online with the RedBull X2010/X2011 prototypes but thats about it. I'd rather see the return of the road & city courses missing that need to be added. Oh, and more Ferraris wouldn't hurt.

20. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I love the new Lamborghini Aventador but it's still not as fast as the Ferrari Enzo on the Daytona Super speedway. I agree that the new Route X is extremely boring to race on even with the X1. You get no sense of speed even though your traveling at 320-330 mph. It's fantastic for the 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times but it's no fun to race on. But, I'm sure Route X will be very popular with the drag racing groups.

Lastly, YES, we need a Ferrari DLC pack!

21. Trance

Trance Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2009
    Nashville/Knoxville
    Full Name:
    Pouya V
    Yeah they seriously need a Ferrari DLC.... packed with FXX, 250 GTO, 250 Testarossa, F50, and 355!

22. White Knight

White Knight Formula 3

Aug 22, 2011
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Todd S.
    + eleventy-billion.

I can understand now just *why* the TG track is called a technical track. I've got way too much Cole Trickle in me.

23. Trance

Trance Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2009
    Nashville/Knoxville
    Full Name:
    Pouya V
    This sunday I will be picking up a Logitech G25 for 75 bucks from a friend :D
    I'm PUMPED!

24. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It's almost May and there has been zero notice of any new DLC! :(:(

25. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    :eek::eek:

Awesome deal!!

I bought one when they were a few months old and loved it, bought it for almost $300, used it for a few weeks, then returned it. It was a little too expensive, got my 40GB PS3 instead and anticipated for GT5 for a while and I got sick of waiting so I gave that away, got a 250GB PS3 for free and sold that.

I may pick up the GT5 XL version and play with my cousins PS3.