Official FF World Premiere | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Official FF World Premiere

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by MalibuGuy, Feb 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
  2. gsan

gsan Rookie

Jul 29, 2009
    That Bertone designed Jag is gorgeous! I hope they build it...just beautiful.

3. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
  4. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
  5. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Hardly many positive comments there, already the poll on here has shown us 42% of people dont like the shape at all. What did amuse me was when "the FF video, released 3 weeks ago, one of the most watched on the web" pity they chose not the share some of the reaction to the car!

Jim, what are your thoughts on the general design and the concept itself? Is this the way to go or should Ferrari rather have packaged the car in a more elegant coupe shape?

6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #56 F2003-GA, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The Bertone Jag is gorgeous Has nothing in common with Buick
    The A an C pillars are classic Jag as well as other design cues
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #57 Napolis, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
    I think that design needs to have a connection to end use. The thought behind the FF is that Ferrari owners who own second homes at the Beach or in the Mountains want a Ferrari to use there or in inclement weather. I think this thought is flawed. When you're skiing in Aspen you want a rental SUV. You want something that you can throw wet ski's into the back, jump in with muddy boots, let road salt eat, and return to the Airport and let Mr. Hertz worry about. When you're at the Beach you want something that you can sit in covered in sun screen and sand. You may decide to own a vehicle for this purpose but if you do you want one that the interior can be cleaned with a hose.

Talking about how it looks for it's intended use of going out to Dinner with another couple or taking your Kids to visit the Grandparents if you want elegant transport you want something that looks like a Bentley not a Chrysler Crossover.

If I were running Ferrari I'd make a front engined GT/S car, a 458 GT/S Type, and a Hyper Car. I wouldn't compete with Bentley's, Range rovers, Porsche Cayenne's, etc.

8. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Agree 100%, I guess I am in the minority here but when you look back at cars like the 500 Superfast, even the 365 GT 2+2, they were 4 seaters and they are to my eyes beautiful. It just seems to me the whole concept is confused, my big question and have actually asked our dealer about this, was the market survey so comprehensive that owners do want to use cars at ski resorts, do they want to drive on gravel roads? To me the 2+2 car has always been something elegant, striking, something that is classy without being overdone.

I think the idea of a 2+2 as merit but whats rather confusing is there have been unofficial Ferrari estate cars before, the Chinneti/Jankel one being a prime example, yes the world has moved on since those times but I cant help wonder how this car will sell in the medium term, short term, sure it will sell well but I predict 3 years down sale may be a little slow....

However one thing I do admire to an extent is the bravery of Ferrari to bring something like this to market!

Be all that as it may the FF is here and the only thing that will really define the FF is how its viewed in 5 years time, perhaps time is the true test of a design and the greatness of a car.

9. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
  10. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    It would certainly be stupid for Ferrari to build a car for "vacation homes," I think you make great points and that would certainly hold water. But I don't think that's the idea at all. It is obviously targeting Bentley owners and cars of that likeness, these cars are quite commonly used everyday, even in snow (I recently read a thread of someone on this forum that loves his Bentley in the snow). The fact that the FF could hold ski's, two golf bags, a bike, or tons of luggage is just icing on the cake. To leave this car at the vacation home would be the opposite of what Ferrari wants. It takes you to the vacation home, there you can rent the SUV to destroy. The idea of the FF is not flawed at all, it's the way people percieve the FF (and the preconceptions of what Ferrari has done before) that is flawed.

Of course styling is 100% subjective so I won't even discuss that, of course all this is my opinion and I could get flamed here but I don't care, I love what the FF is and I love what the FF can do. "Emotion without limits," that's what I want in a Ferrari

11. lipscomb

lipscomb Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Ca.
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Neil: Buzz, you got the keys?
    Buzz:yeah they're here in my pocket.Here.
    Neil: thanks,let's go.Big day ya know?
    Buzz:yep.
    Neil: one small step for Ferrari,one smaller step for mankind.
    Buzz:whatever...did you bring those discount coupons for In and Out Burger?

I swear this is my last swipe at the FF.

12. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    #62 champagne612, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
    Well that makes two of us ... hopefully Neil put heavy tint on the windows to savor the Buzz kill :)

13. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7AIqptusxM&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

New video of highlights of the event

14. The Speedfighter

The Speedfighter Formula 3

Dec 13, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Lex
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqxOYqK2SVg[/ame]

15. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth