Official FF World Premiere | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Official FF World Premiere

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by MalibuGuy, Feb 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    His dad drove V12 2+2s, I think he'd be in favor of these.

2. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Enzo would have supported any project that helped fund the race cars.

3. stockholm996TT

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, I saw the car yesterday in Maranello in various colours. It is absolutely stunning live! Options include glass roof, video screens in the head rests, 4 cm additional height below 30 km/h, an extra display for the front passenger with speed, rpms etc.

This thing has more HP than a 599, more torque than a 599, less fuel consumption than a 599, sounds like a beast, 4WD, looks sensational and drives 4 people + some luggage. I couldn't ask for more (before actually driving it).

4. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    It really is a tour de force, thanks for the information

5. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The video of the FF taking on a ski slope was breathtaking. WOW!

And the acceleration from a standstill was impressive as well.

3.7 second speed, 4-wheel drive agility, and a rear hatch that will swallow all your bags.

This is a very capable car. Even if it is not the form factor you prefer, no one can dismiss this beast as being a lesser Ferrari.

6. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Don't forget, Bentley has already sold over 10k Continental GTs, that is clearly the target audience and there is a market for this car.

7. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Very well said, all the Ferrari passion and emotion is there, and you can take that just about anywhere

8. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    It will be interesting to see what production numbers are like, I can definitely see more than the 612 accomplished

9. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    The fact that launch control works in the snow is pretty cool.

10. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    It looks like there was extensive testing on the snow, I believe the figure was 8 and a bit seconds to 60 on the snow

11. lipscomb

lipscomb Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Ca.
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I still don't get it; what is the reason to put 660 hp in an SUV that is really a utility car that you can drive the kids to school at 190+mph.And an interior that really doesn't deserve the kind of wear and tear a functional SUV gets.

Notice how all the promo pictures feature mostly the front end and avoid the bulbous rearend.

Other than the performance, and Bentley- like interior, what makes this car worth 300k more than say a nice Land Rover or similar luxury SUV.

Well before everyone piles on me I will admit it is a terrific car but I still don't like the rear end and practical is not what Ferrari is all about. Ferrari has not "broken with tradition",they have joined it.

12. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    If you don't get it then it probably isn't for you. I actually think Felipe did a pretty good job in the presentation of explaining it. It's a Ferrari to spread the magic, passion and emotions to not only weather/terrain but also with the entire family. To me it's incredible that this car can do that, others feel differently, to each his own

13. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    Anyone else notice at 46 mins in. There was a few ferrari movie clips playing on the rear seat head rest tvs. They were ferris buellers day of and Vanilla Skys. Both replicas, does this mean Ferrari now recognise replicas:D God knows i dont recognise ferrari these days.

14. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Glass roof will be avail after Oct production. Will not be like 612 were you can vary the darkness of the glass, but it will have some heat reflective and power saving features.

15. Nico997

Nico997 Rookie

Nov 11, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    I watched the video, certainly one of the most boring presentation I could ever see. Poor Di Montezemolo selling the FF like a VW Sharan. Both Massa and Alonso are absolutely ridiculous.

16. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Certainly your opinion, care to share why?

17. Nico997

Nico997 Rookie

Nov 11, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Well, there is a lot to say but to summarize, it's 53 minutes of blabla without a single sign of enthusiasm for the car...

18. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I must have seen a different presentation then.

What would you have wanted them to do? A big happy dance?

19. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    I have to agree with this, I could sense a real passion and excitement about the car. The official video for the car was really well done too, the CGI one was dumb but other than that I thought it was great

20. lipscomb

lipscomb Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Ca.
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I simply have to agree.I almost turned it off but having been such a critic I felt I should stick it out to see if my opinion changed. To my knowledge this is the first time Ferrari's marketing program has had to "explain " a car to us.

21. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    But that's the whole idea of the car, it's meant to be driven everyday year round. Previous Ferrari's only really worked during a sunny day, that restricts a GT car of it's purposes. Now the Ferrari passion can be accessible whenever the mood takes, even if the day is sour

22. lipscomb

lipscomb Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Ca.
    Full Name:
    Lee
    OK, OK, you're exactly right.Perhaps a pickup next, no?

To your credit Tifosi, your passion for all things Ferrari is very apparent and I dare say you would have done a better job introducing this model to us "regular Ferrari guys" than the stuffed shirts who tried so pathetically to convince us we needed a new understanding of what Ferrari..er,Fiat was all about.

Did Liybia have anything to do with this since Quadafi owns a big piece of Fiat ( I just read )?

23. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    I think this is as far as Ferrari will push the envelope, maybe that would explain why they were "explaining" the car. There were probably a lot of new members in the audience as well, it is a totally new market.

I thank you for your kind words, and possibly I would have been :D Yes I do have a passion for Ferrari, perhaps with this car I could be considered a "fanboy" but in all honesty I haven't had a Ferrari excite me as much as this car has. Of course I love most of the Ferrari models, though there are some I really don't care for, but I love the fact that this car is so capable. Ferrari says it best on it's website "Emotion without limits," I personally would want to drive my Ferrari as often as I could. I wouldn't want rain or even snow to be able to deflate my passion as I walk to the car with keys in hand. To me it makes perfect sense, but of course I haven't exactly experienced what past and current owners expect and want in their drive. Maybe it's partly my love for the WRC and the Lancia Stratos (the only really successful "Ferrari" rally car).

I guess that's a brief summation of my thoughts toward this car. It's a car I could enjoy with the whole family, and drive up to the mountains on a week long getaway and not worry about the weather. I have a real passion for this car, especially since it will depreciate like all the 4 seaters :)

24. lipscomb

lipscomb Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Ca.
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Tifosi you said it well and if you get an FF I will be the last person to criticize you.

For what it's designed to be it is unquestionably the final step up.