Ferrari FF Picture Thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari FF Picture Thread

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by furious_ferrari, Feb 4, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John814

John814 Karting

Apr 19, 2006
    Indianapolis, USA
    Full Name:
    John Phelan
    It's growing on me. But for the price, as a daily driver (which it would be for me), why not wait a year or two for this thing to drop in price like a rock when someone unloads one with very little miles on it?

Or go buy a NEW Porsche Panamera Turbo with some mods, and blow the doors off the 'FF. (Although the FF certainly looks better).

2. Cariad

Cariad Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Any F1 Circuit
    Apples to apples.

I always start with base MSRP(apple) The 458 is $225,325 base MSRP with destination charge ($2K) and gaz guzzler($2.6K), prep and delivery(.35K) $230,375. Nicely equipped ($40K options) as mine is $265,557(window sticker) plus any applicable local state taxes.

The comparison with the 458 is the base MSRP(apple) of the FF approx $285K, a $60K difference. Since I have seen the option pricing list and know what is included, my FF nicely equipped is going to be about $325K which includes $40K options plus destination, gas guzzler(unknown but say $1K more than the 458, giving $331,100 plus applicable state sales or excise tax.
    We now have a short wait until Ferrari NA announce the base MSRP rendering this discussion meangless.

I bet you that I can trade my FF within a year of taking delivery for the 599 successor and lose less than $20K. More to the point the 458 Spider which I will get next summer will have a super great premium for 2 years offsetting any loss on the FF.
    In essence for a capital outlay of $600k or so I get "free" Ferrari motoring with the latest models. The opportunity cost of the capital is say 3 to 4% currently, say $24K.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    No, I am not purchasing an FF. Cannot afford one. Are you purchacing one or any new Ferrari? Cariad is a friend of mine and you questioned his credibility, so that makes it personal. Just pointing out that you do not have a clue what you are talking about. That has become more obvious as you continue to back-peddle. Do not remember anyone talking about depreciation. But since you brought it up...

All the "experts" like you were predicting massive depreciation for the California. Has not happened. Used, they are selling for more than the hard-core, $300K+ Scuderia right now.

Who gave you a crystal ball on prices and depreciation or did you get it from the same place as all the other "experts"? Parroting back what you found on the internet without any understanding of the numbers they represent does not make you a credible source.

Educated opinions are useful, uneducated opinions are useless.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

4. detlr2dastars

detlr2dastars Karting

Feb 28, 2006
    You know what I like about you Terrie.....you stand up for your friends. Even though they can take care of themselves....yet you are intolerant of others and anything they have to say, automatically assuming we don't have a clue. You resort to insulting and behaving like a two year old. The internet is an interesting place...you see a screen name only...but know nothing else about someone or their background.
    I didn't challenge your friends credibility let alone using the word sucks. I challenged and still challenge his numbers. He behaved in educated discourse without being rude....and being he's your friend, then there is something you can learn from him....such as agree to
    disagree....and be adult about it......you don't have to agree with me...
    The pricing will be released soon....I've viewed the options list and have Ferrari on speed dial....... Let's let the numbers do the talking now.....

5. Cariad

Cariad Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Any F1 Circuit
    Let's let the numbers do the talking now.....[/QUOTE]

I agree

6. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #81 tazandjan, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
    Speed Dial- How childish can you be, intentionally misspelling my first name? That is what you call being "adult"? What a joke on you.

So, yes, I question you and your numbers. We will know the numbers soon enough, and I already have a pretty good idea about you.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

7. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    In Australia - yes :)

And base is less than the 612 :D

Although that could be because our dollar is very strong...

I like that strategy :)

Wonder if I can convince my wife???

And I'll stick up for Taz!

He has been reasonable to all the nay sayers in the FF forum - you are just the latest to be given similar advice :)

8. Cariad

Cariad Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Any F1 Circuit
    [QUOTE

I'll stick up for Taz!

Me too !

His contribution to this Forum is legendary. Just look at the help he has given 575 owners over the last few years !

9. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Hi all,

Now that the fighting above is hopefully over :) , may I point you towards a new thread that I started in the showroom section: It shows lots of pics I took at the factory in Maranello last week, including quite a large amount of FFs in several colours. You can see the pics here, more will follow during the next days:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323999

Ciao,

Lars T.

10. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    #85 Lesia44, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
    Not wishing to point out the obvious, but the FF is a 4 seater and they have, in the past, had a tendency to take much more of a hit than the 2 seaters, as I'm sure you'll know. If recent form is anything to go by it will probably do a lot worse than the Cali (look at what you can snag a 612 for). And it's not like that last 2 generations of 4 seaters have had anything wrong with them. Quite the opposite in fact, brilliant cars. Super to drive and super to be driven in. So the fact the the FF is, by the look of early reports, a quite brilliant car (reservations about the looks aside) might not count for much. It's just a fact of life, first owners of 4 seater Ferraris take it hard in the wallet.

11. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Lesia- The California is a four seater 2+2.

Nobody disputes the 2+2s have historically depreciated faster and ultimately been worth less than the contemporary 2 seaters.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

12. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    It's not a bona fide 4 seater, though.

Painful as it is for first owners, the depreciation is a God send for the rest of us further down the chain. Had a 456 years ago, ridiculously cheap to buy used. Could never get my head around why it should be, though. Simply brilliant car.

13. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Lesia- Very few of the Ferrari 4 seaters have been bonified 4 seaters. Most have been 2+2s. The 612, with its near 3 meter wheelbase (2950 mm) has been the closest.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

14. detlr2dastars

detlr2dastars Karting

Feb 28, 2006
    I'm with you on that as well....the Mercedes Sl500 at one point between 1991 and 2003 was available with a rear seat option...I could be wrong but I don't think anyone called the SL a 4 seater.....

15. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    True, the 456 wasn't a full on 4 seater.

16. SanderZ

SanderZ Rookie

May 17, 2011
    Vietnam
    Full Name:
    Care
    you are right !

17. portogts

portogts Formula 3
    Owner Project Master

Aug 31, 2008
    Maia-Portugal
    Full Name:
    Vitor Sousa
    Great photos , i like the blue FF !!

18. chris430

chris430 Karting

Oct 30, 2005
    BEAUTIFUL

19. stocky

stocky Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Bolton , England.
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #94 stocky, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. pk328

pk328 Karting

Oct 16, 2003
    Nottingham, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #95 pk328, Jul 9, 2011
  21. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #96 4re Nut, Jul 10, 2011
  22. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nice; I'll take it. :D

23. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    It's growing on me....:eek:

24. lechevalcabre

lechevalcabre Karting

Oct 6, 2004
    Mourmelon Le Grand
    Full Name:
    Eric Pacheco
    FF in white... simply beautiful ! it's the first time that I like a white Ferrari !

25. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I like the FF looks better than the Panamera.