'Official' F12M Rumours and Launch | Page 119 | FerrariChat

'Official' F12M Rumours and Launch

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Traveller, Oct 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    What about going aftermarket?

2. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    You are decreasing value of the car in that way.

3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    spending the night before at the farm house???

4. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I feel like the guy who chased a hot girl for 6 months finally "cracked it" and now what, the adrenaline is out of the threads until we start speccing and getting production shots, what to do........no LE imminent either to chat about.

I miss all the crap we talked for months !

Any bright ideas?

5. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Just want to know about 488 speciale and fxxk evo, the current threads on these topics deserve more attention and partecipation, want also to discover real aero features of 812 and down force kg

6. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    less than two weeks to Geneva and then it will crank up again

7. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    On TDF yes, but what about non LE models?

8. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Tried to start a thread on 488 VS but no joy !!
    To keep this thread going has anyone heard a rumour about 812 Superfast XX ?

9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Totally normal. I have had this experience on many cars now. There will be another one. :)

10. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    That's the trouble with turbos that Ferrari will have dial up the boost, a few spoilers and away you go, not so exciting eh.

Same problem Mac has.

11. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Anyone got an options list in English for 812 ?

12. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
  13. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Great find!

From what I can see it looks great on the road and in the still shots the rear looks much better than the Giallo car pics to me. It has more bulk than the F12 and I think it works. Also nice to see the TDF wheels.

Only 10 days until Geneva....Can't wait!

14. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Let go a few months and you will be bewitched by the Superfast

15. NelsonAbreu

NelsonAbreu Karting

Feb 6, 2016
    I know what TM means. I was just answering Scraggy question (I even quoted his post). But F12kid beat me for a couple of seconds.

16. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Priced for attention, staggered if it's actually for sale.

A mate had his Speciale Aperta shown on a big indie's website a month after taking delivery. Within the day Ferrari had contacted the dealer to check the car was in the customer's garage. After a few frantic phone calls the car was confirmed not for sale.

Enjoy your handover!

17. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    And if so, is "good looking arse" on it ?

18. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Considering only 45 RHD SA Aperta in UK a few maybe 6 or 7 have come on the market, not just "indies", there is one at HR Owen now.

Can't see why anyone with a Tdf would allow it at a public show fake sale on a dealer stand for "attention". There were SWB, 288 and 250 GTOs there.

19. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    Well let's see if this really turns out to be true. If its apples to apples and its really lower, it would be unusual to say the least. So many extraneous things go into pricing from one country to another.

Maybe it's a sign that with the 812 they want to start getting higher volumes to reach that 10,000 a year. :)

20. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Personally, I would say that in the U.K., there is absolutely zero chance of a price reduction, zero.

21. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I would guess a 3-5% increase for UK with additional 'essential' options becoming available that with increase it further.

22. F12B88

F12B88 Karting

Aug 16, 2013
    Well from what I've research. Mclaren bought the rights from a Nissan Lemans or something of that. A Ferrari V12 will be a Ferrari V12. They all sound different. That Mclaren V8 is just that. A twin turbo V8. You can do that with a Corvette, Mustang, BMW, Mercedes etc. You're not getting a V12 that sounds anywhere near that with any other manufacture. If Ferrari did it with V8. I'd say the same. But V12 engines are not the norm. I'm pretty tired of everyone taking a V8. Put turbos on it and call it a super car.

23. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    How does your comment address what I said?

I don't care about whether or not McLaren uses turbos - it is completely besides the point and the point of how easy it is to strap turbos to a Mustang or Corvette even more so. You can just as easily do it to an F12 - it has already been done.

I'm talking about you putting Ferrari on a pedestal compared to McLaren because you say they use the same engine, only tuned differently. That's 100% wrong and Ferrari uses the same basic platform as well, on their lines of various cars. That goes from the GT to the hypsrcar segment. Why is it so wrong when McLaren does it, but perfectly fine when Ferrari does it? Show me proof of the McLaren engine being a Nissan engine. I've been to the factory, and no matter how that engine was born, it's now a McLaren engine. But lest me ask you this. What do you think about the fact that Ferrari uses a "generic" Getrag transaxle and shares Brembo brakes with the Corvette? Wouldn't it be more appropriate that Ferrari had their own transaxle made specifically for them, like Mclaren has by Graziano Trasmissioni? Would surely add to that "Supercar flair" you speak of, if they used an Italian transaxle made specifically for them, yes? Yet they choose to use a German unit that can be found in many other cars.

It's all fine that you don't like McLaren, but don't put them down more than what is called for. The number of cylinders and the sound does not a supercar make. By that logic, the F40 and 288 are "just" ordinary sports cars.

If we dissect what McLaren does on a technical level compared to Ferrari, I don't think you'll like where Ferrari will be in that comparison. I'm a Ferrari enthusiast and there are several reasons why that is. But that does not make me blind to the fact that McLaren is pretty much the one who has really pushed the envelope over the last few years. What makes a supercar a supercar is the fact that it's more than the sum of its parts. If you don't think that's the case for a 675LT compared to an F12, well okay, then I just don't understand where you're coming from at all.

24. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Well said

25. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    I believe HRO had three RHD Speciale Apertas. They were all the Sultan of Brunei's so not UK cars, as if that matters but it does to some. And carefully spaced recently because selling three at once must be a challenge.

I think after a year or two Ferrari are fine with the LE's moving, makes sense. What they don't much like, with good reason, is an LE coming to the market within weeks of delivery.

Why would someone want their TDF on a stand priced ludicrously? Guess it provides a nice warm tingling sensation down below. And if some head banger turns up with a 1.2 million in cash and a burning desire to have that car........