'Official' F12M Rumours and Launch | FerrariChat

'Official' F12M Rumours and Launch

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Traveller, Oct 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    As we are now only a few months away from launch, I thought it might be a good idea to tie all the various rumours floating around on a number of threads into an 'official F12M Rumour site' so it was clearly visible and act as a centre for all gossip, leaked images etc

I will seed this by repeating what I posted elsewhere which is that I am told by my dealer that very much more than a mid life and very aggressive, and as confirmed by M Massini, less elegant.

I think the old model of the 8 year cycle with a mid life has now been torn up, probably as a result of companies like McLaren and their speed of model update and introduction thus compelling Ferrari to possibly almost re-body the F12 midlife so it really does become a new model and thus distanced from the F12B and tdf. We know Geneva for launch and I am told RHD Q1 2018 and my dealer is already sold out for over two years, a massive demand at this stage far greater than for the F12, and private viewings in February.

I hear conflicting rumours on power, just less than the TDF to 800 as confirmed by Chalstrad.

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The word I've heard from two local dealers and some people who tend to know these things is: 6.5l, 800hp, V12 NA, 4WS. No word if the 4WS will be similar to whats on the tdf, i.e., only in phase steering, or if it has an element of low speed counter steering (I forget now if the GTC4 has this counter steering).

I think you make a great point about the competition and my guess is they really need all cylinders to fire as hard as possible to keep that stock price elevated....

3. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I have contracted and paid deposit in UK.
    My dealer has confirmed Geneva launch with private launch at factory in January 2017.
    In terms of spec they have confirmed four wheel steering and normally aspirated.
    Ferrari have told them electric motor but they don't believe it from everything else they have seen.
    Styling and interior following GTC4 Lusso.

4. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I am hoping not January as I will be overseas. I'm amazed that the factory told them electric motor, which I don't believe, but why say it?

5. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I agree,no idea why factory would say that but they did in a briefing to Ferrari NE dealers.
    I hope no electric motor as it appeals more with NA and no gimmicks.

6. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I am sure it will be a titan of a car, I have no idea where you use 800hp (street that is) but can you just imagine the sound and speed it must be able to put down! WOW!

7. RKumpis

RKumpis Rookie

Dec 12, 2015
    Any news or speculation on naming? Somewhere on this forum I read the mention of "daytona".

8. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    That's where my money is.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I hope not electric yet, but imagine the next "12" will be. :/

10. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Hope for your sake it is February (but early as I'm away late Feb).If so we may be able to say hello in person at the factory !

11. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    No electric.
    6,5 litre V12

12. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Andrew,
    Your dealer is taking your money under false pretenses. Ferrari do not accept any deposits until the price is set. Si All you are doing is improving your dealer's cash flow... you should tell him that you are not dupe...

13. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I know but was happy to deposit with them.I have dealt with them for years and have a good relationship and me committing financially means I get to launch etc.

14. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    I have been told to be ready to place my official deposit potentially around Christmas/early Jan time frame.....but still very much TBC.

15. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I have £60k with my dealer - GTC Lusso, 488 70th and F12M. I am not worried in a zero interest rate world and makes commitment and priority a no debate item. Have had 10 plus cars from them

Practice may be different elsewhere.

I think M will stay shy of 800, won't want to piss off their TDF owners, yes I know F12 versus GTO etc but we are getting to the limits with N/A per cc/litre.

16. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    I agree. My dealer told me there's no need for a deposit yet.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that's the way dealers work, so evidently you and Ferrari don't know that, so go tell them that in Maranello. I'm on to you.

18. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Here's my WAG....F12 Imola

Yep...you heard it here first. :)

19. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Scraggy, I agree with your logic on the HP, but I am told it will be 800. As to the name, I will take a guess on "Daytona".

20. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    I'm guessing they will drop the f12 part as per gtc4.

21. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Okay then...the Imola
    :)

22. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    To be clear deposit was not needed to order car at this stage and I was not pressed for it but I was happy to deposit as it shows commitment and hopefully gets me an early build car.
    I value relationship with dealer (they look after me very well) and I do what I can to help them.

23. x599

x599 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2010
    I asked a Ferrari regional sales director about this exact point and his reply was that dealers at this stage can take deposits or just accept orders to book slots as they wish as the car is officially confirmed for Geneva launch. He added that Ferrari allows dealers flexibility in how they choose to manage this aspect of the business .

24. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    My understanding is that if your dealer knows you well and trusts you, there is no need for a deposit until the car is officially launched. I have ordered and no question of a deposit being requested as I have form and will get a reasonably early car whilst a friend of mine, without such a history with the dealership, has ordered and put down a deposit.

25. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    This would be my first ferrari, so I was able to put a deposit to secure an allocation early enough with the dealer. So, I am ecstatic to be able to secure an allocation for the new F12, whatever they will name it. This is exciting!