Official C8 Corvette picture thread | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Official C8 Corvette picture thread

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by atomicskiracer, Jul 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    What I have been told is that the convertible will be "revealed" in 2 months and production will start 2 months after the coupe. If you look at the bottom photo you can see right through the cover. There's no glass over the engine and the rear deck is raised so you have to assume the top goes down 458 spider style. My guess is also that you cannot see the engine when the back is open as it's probably covered with a protective shield.

Its interesting they still have the camera on top of the roof even though it goes down.

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Outdoors, the tail lights from a distance look more like two wide wrap-around horizontal rectangles rather than 4 individual squares (Camaro).

3. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Exactly. You could easily see the revised engine cover for the convertible beneath the mesh. It appeared exactly as it does in this teaser photo:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Convertible Grand Sport will suit just fine...

anunakki likes this.
  5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So I found this video on the LT2 and its rather interesting. One thing it seems like the Lt2 is designed for more power at higher revs which was my problem with the LT1 in the C7. It just didn't seem to give more power above 4000 so you short shifted all the time to stay in the torque range.

But this engine has been made to extend the torque range and power higher.

of2worlds and G. Pepper like this.
  6. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
  7. FerrariF430boy

Sep 22, 2007
    orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    gustavo
    Then you'd be surprised. There's a reason why there's a 110+ page thread (and growing) on the Porsche Rennlist forums, or a 20+ page thread on the BMW forums, a 10+ page on the McLaren and a Jaguar & Lexus forums on the new C8. You'd be ignorant to think that this car hasn't caused a disturbance in the automotive community whether it's people who are in the market for a $70k car or a $250k car.

There's a point where you have to stop and think how and why higher end manufacturers charge a premium for their mid engined cars, and what you're really getting out it by paying that much. Exclusivity? The name?

8. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #133 IPO1, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    As I said, I'd see how a similar price point Porsche or BMW would go for it. Rennlist is a joke...having owned two GT3RS's, trust me I know those cry babies.

I'm not bashing the C8 (I've placed my deposit last week). You missed the point around someone truly buying a $335K car is not cross shopping C8. Sorry. NOW will they buy one to add yes. Someone who is looking at $80K Porsche or BMW, sure.

Whatever you want to believe is fine, I put my money where my mouth is and looking forward to hopefully tossing it garage come Feb/Mar next year. It will not replace my exotic needs. C8 as good as 720s or Pista. Um, no.

YMMV

anunakki likes this.
  9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Agreed. And fortunately for GM there are multitudes more people who can afford an $80k car and are aspiring to something rivaling a Ferrari than people who can afford $335k cars and simply want to add another.

IPO1 likes this.
  10. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
  11. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    375+ likes this.
  12. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex

I have always thought this would make sense given that GM chose to brand the IMSA DPi program as Cadillac.

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  14. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #140 IPO1, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    OF course it wasn't sold out. Just dealers BS. The two largest dealers alone still have hundreds to sell just from FIRST allocation!

If Chevy needs to run three shifts instead of two they will. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE will get one if they want one (kinda like F8 LOL).

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Except, the comment was attributed to a GM executive...

energy88 likes this.
  16. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Ok, well GM is full of crap too :rolleyes:

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  17. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Correct, the VP of Design made that statement.
    But I wouldn't worry about it.

of2worlds, energy88 and Jo Sta7 like this.
  18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If you want a C8, you’ll be able to get a brand new one. Period. If you want a c8 Z06, same deal. The Zora though remains to be seen. It depends on how crazy GM goes and if they’ll limit production.

19. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Wonder if there is a video of Simcoe telling this to the crowd? That will settle this.

Of course, dealers may have an incentive to spin C8 news one way or the other. There is presently an inventory of 6,000 C7 Corvettes, or an 84 day supply. This marks an improvement from 9,000 units at the start of the year.

20. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Interesting to see how those 6k c7 units sell now that the C8 is a thing. Maybe they sell because they're the last of the Fe vettes, get em while you can. Or maybe they're near unsaleable because the C8 now exists. Discounts abound then.

Hard to predict human behaviour, and of course it all depends on how its spun.

I remember when the 82 firebird came out and people were all wow. There was somehgting like a 15k dealer markup in 82 and someone paid double just to be the first to show up in one, A year later they were plentiful. The firebird esp the early ones were a total pos, yet first year for a new shape can be a big hit.

I doubt the vette is a pos, and Ill bet that anyone waiting a year or two will buy a better resolved C8 and have their choice..
    Whats great about a vette is its not limited production, it eschews all that brand BS and just delivers a great car. We may want to consider that the lack of scarcity BS along with price is why its the most sucessful sportscar by units, and that series production is GMs model.

If ya gotta have the new thing theres going to be dealer markup attempts and games on the 2020, if you can wait, there will be better C8s at better prices with more choice. Its not like ferrari where if you miss it its gone.

Gm and Corvette team took a big risk on this car, yes the old format was dying but still this is new territory. So great to see all the noise its generating, hopefully the lesson is to be bold with a great product.

Senna1994, energy88 and of2worlds like this.
  21. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    If you want a steal on C7, you can get a new one for $15K off. It's a great car for money and those who rather wait until C8 is offering $7K off rebates (this time next year), it could be a good route. Dealers still have new C7's coming from factory. C8's will not start running down line until Dec/Jan.

Get'em while they are hot :)

22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Kirk pictured (far right) with his personal Grand Sport Corvette coupe. Even on a holiday he is still 'working'.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

jm2, anunakki and energy88 like this.
  23. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul

Attached Files:

24. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ