Official 2012 FCRA Championship Calendar | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Official 2012 FCRA Championship Calendar

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by johnhoughtaling, Jan 7, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Jeff corrected it a few posts in, think its April 12 to 15 for us too.

2. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Thanks. Must have missed it.

3. jeff512tr

jeff512tr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    Celebration, FL
    #28 jeff512tr, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
    Hi Colin

Celebration is April 12-15

Look for announcements, event schedule, track information, website update and registration opening on January 31

www.celebrationexoticcars.com

4. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The other issue is Road Atlanta which is listed as a 4 day event from Sept 13-16. I'd be surprised if we were really on track all four days. Should I call HSR to find out when we actually have to be there or does anyone have some info on this one?

5. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Jeff512tr also mentioned the track days are Thursday and Friday only

6. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Makes sense as the 12 hr starts on Saturday and they usually have a bunch of events before the start and require the pre 12 hour contingent to vacate the paddock the day before. So for those of us towing to Sebring, I suspect we will have to have our rigs out of the paddock before 7 pm on Friday. That's the way Grand Am does it for their events.

The question is still open as to whether we can get on track on Wednesday. I guess we will have to wait and see what HSR announces at the end of the month.

7. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    He was actually commenting on the Daytona event, not Sebring.

With regards to Sebring, the original announcement had us on track Wen for practice, Thurs and Friday racing. I've been assuming this was still true, but I'm beginning to learn not to assume anything.

As far as I can tell, HSR is only our sanctioning body for the Road Atlanta date, and I am only guessing at that because the dates match up.

8. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Consistently, HSR events have a Test Day Thursday with four to six sessions, followed by two sessions on Friday, then a qualifying session Saturday AM, then a qualifying race Saturday PM, a Sunday morning warmup and a Sunday race.