OFB2 scan tool for 360/F430 | FerrariChat

OFB2 scan tool for 360/F430

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SingleClutch, Jan 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SingleClutch

SingleClutch Karting

Apr 19, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kris
    Just curious what ODB2 scan tool you guys prefer for working on your cars. I’m currently looking at purchasing a 360 or F430 and want to do as much of the work on my car as I can. The tools I’ve seen range from $100 into the thousands. I’m gravitating toward the Autel MaxiSys 906BT because of Bluetooth connectivity and it has a comprehensive set of features that seem straightforward to use. Price point is decent as well. Thanks for any feedback!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B1P8JQ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tGliEbVA0B81P

2. Phils430DIY

Phils430DIY Rookie

Sep 5, 2019
    Wales UK
    Full Name:
    Phil M
    Hi, Just purchased the Launch X431 Pro Mini and have used it on my Range Rover Sport and Audi S3 Seems to have all the necessary software to reset and run different actuator , ABS and clutch bleed procedures. Haven't used it on the F430 yet, will be doing a full fluids change in March/ April .

SingleClutch likes this.
  3. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I use the app recommended by Aldous Voice (https://aldousvoice.com/2015/01/17/ferrari-eobd-diagnostics/). It's inexpensive and seems to be full featured for an ODB scan tool.

The bigger question is what you want to do with this tool? If all you need to do is keep on eye on CEL's and clear them, any ODB tool will work. If you want to do more, then the cost goes up dramatically.

I keep hearing about 360Trev's SAK tool that's been in development for quite a while but as far as I know, there's no date for release of a consumer version, if one is even planned still. I'd love to see what he comes up with.

4. SingleClutch

SingleClutch Karting

Apr 19, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kris
    Thanks. I definitely plan on resetting CEL’s and I’d also like to be able to do all the fluid changes, brakes, etc. I’m good at the mechanical stuff, but the electronics are the part I don’t have much experience with.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat