# of Labor Hours for the 30K Major Service? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

# of Labor Hours for the 30K Major Service?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Burch1, Nov 1, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #26 soucorp, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    +1 My thoughts exactly Joe. You can't compare an 8 to a 3.2 or t, the Mondial has advanced so much in its 13 year run.
    Besides, that 50 worst list is crap, they have iconic cars like the De Lorean and Hummer H2 on there. I'm surprised the Benz ML320 isn't listed because that was the biggest POS I have ever owned.
    See the full list here: http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1658545_1657686_1657662,00.html#

2. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #27 jgoodman, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well said Joe! I just made another "investment" in my Mondi last week and plan to make another "investment" in the spring, numbers that most people, including my wife, think is insane to spend on these old cars. To me, keeping my Mondial sorted makes me much happier to own her. Period.

I proudly join you and the other village idiots who also have passion for these incredible cars. Passion is what makes us not only human but interesting as humans and helps make these old exotics even more interesting by allowing owners to bring out their inherent passion that existed the day they were made. I thrive on passion. Like you guys, I hope others have the same passion. It's makes both the ride through life and the ride through life in a Mondial truly wonderful.

Look at that happy Mondial!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    #28 davebdave, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012

3.2.1. Woooosh------>>>>))))) If a writer actually did a piece on the worst cars, nobody would read it. Who wants to read about a Hyundai Excel or a Yugo? Even Top Gear admitted the Mondial wasn't actually bad, only when you factor in price and expectation did it come up short.

So, what the Mondial 8 might be is the worst Ferrari. I don't know but that's like picking the ugliest Victoria's Secret Model.

Dave

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: However, If our 20 year old Ferrari Mondial suddenly needs a service equal to the price of a brand new Fiat 500 Abarth.....I may vote it off of the island!!!!

4. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #29 soucorp, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    OH, thats good!

I will have that printed out and hung over the quad 330!

6. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    It is unfortunate that there are still people out there that are so misinformed. These cars were in production for well over 10 years, if they were so bad would they not have stopped production sooner?
    These cars are cheap compared to what? I think that when we spoke about cheap, it is because of deferred maintenance or because of the high cost associated to maintain them; specifically the T due to the engine out procedure for the belt change.

The article the OP is referring to is for the 8. Which I still think is not completely accurate and may be disputed.

I personally will continue to maintain my car to the highest standard I can because of my own expectations. I prefer to have every switch and system function like it was meant to.

These cars in my opinion may continue to slip in value but not because its a Mondial but because they all go down in value. There may be a few special ones which will command a higher premium but eventually when a few more get broken for parts they may increase slightly. The facts are that most Ferrari's go down in value after they roll out of the dealer. I follow all Ferrari prices and they all could be had cheap eventually ... You can get a 360 for 70k.

It's a great car and its a Mondial a Ferrari. Enjoy. :)

7. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    i can't take the credit.i bought the car with the wheels.but yes they are nice.one thing i learned from my purchase is that an inspection done by the bank loaning some of the money seems to be very different from an inspection hired by you.there were many disappointments in the beginning of my purchase.bank inspector said headlights worked and ac was cold.headlights were on but buckets were down.ac was cold but it was april.anyhoo i got through it.my car was bought to be a driver not a garage queen.i plan on driving it on every opportunity and wearing it out and who knows,maybe a 355 spider could be in my future.shame i missed the powerball