OEM SPARK PLUGS--- WHAT BRAND? | FerrariChat

OEM SPARK PLUGS--- WHAT BRAND?

Discussion in '360/430' started by KC360 FL, Jun 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Doing the spark plugs on my 360 and replacing them with the NGKs. The ones in there are NGKs.
    Are NGKs what the factory shipped the car with? Just curious. Also any other suggestions on other brands that you folks here have a preference to?

2. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    02360spider likes this.
  3. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
  4. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    f355spider likes this.
  5. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

correct. $80 for 8 NGK plugs are alarmingly priced low

the seller don't even know he's selling counterfeit. There are just too many of them

6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    There are guides all over the Internet that show you how to tell if they are real or fake. I ordered a set of these, and they pass the smell test

7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    ...and since when is 10 bucks for a spark plug “cheap”?

8. BlacktopRacing

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Since the introduction of the Ferrari tax
    Actually, that is cheap for these NGKs. Too cheap to be authentic. Have you ever owned any other performance car? I used to pay more than that for NGK plugs for my Mazda RX7 15 years ago!

9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    is there any part of this post it's actually serious? Is my Ferrari my first performance car? Are you for real? If you knew anything about Ferrari tax, you would know that these plugs cost 35 bucks a piece if you buy them with a little horsey on the box. The exact same plugs. I told you I bought these plugs and inspected them using the guides on the internet. I could give a crap less if you think they're cheap or you just feel better paying more. But please, don't be a jackass.

Richard3 likes this.
  10. BlacktopRacing

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Did not mean to insult you, but since you started name calling, what is a cheapskate like yourself doing owning a Ferrari? And the question about having other performance cars was serious, because NGK plugs for any performance car are not inexpensive, and I provided an example. Sheesh!

11. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Is it possible to give a link or two for the NGK authenticity test?

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  12. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Having my mechanic of 20 years doing the coil packs and the plugs. He has taken care of my performance cars for decades. Charged me $15 a piece for the NGKs. Seems fair to me. I doubt he uses counterfeit parts. He's pretty savvy and knows his sh*t.

sonnyboi and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  13. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Well apparently I was accurate. Since there are hundreds of posts on these forums about cross referenced part numbers because intelligent people don't want to pay $300 for a $40 part because it comes in a different box, I guess we are all cheapskates. I don't own a Ferrari (or any of my otger performance cars) because I made stupid financial decisions like overpaying.

14. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Out and about right now but do a search, there are even YouTube videos that show the authentic vs. Fake.

15. BlacktopRacing

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
  16. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I will post pictures of the plugs from the link when I get home.

17. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Strange they do not make an iridium plug for the 360. Iridium plugs for my 575M are less than $8 direct from NGK, and the 8As for the 360 are $13 plus change direct from NGK.

18. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    NGK must be selling the counterfeit plugs. That’s too cheap:D

19. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
  20. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

um... not saying these are counterfeit but please be advised that as an ardent counterfeit user (inadvertently sometimes), I have to say, counterfeits are not a lot worse than original and in a few occassions BETTER than original. I am talking about auto parts in general, not spark plugs. I would imagine counterfeit plugs are not that inferior than originals.

21. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Yup, they are the real deal. From the markings to the washer, these pass the smell test as genuine.

This forum is a great help to any DIY'er and I do my best to contribute where I can, but there are definitely a few on here that have no idea what they are talking about, but still decide to talk anyway. If I can spend $10 instead of $35 on the exact same part, that's what I will do. If that makes me a cheapskate, cool. I call it smart. It may be hard to believe at first that a car company will take an off the shelf part and mark it up 400%, but that's exactly what happens.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

LorenzoR likes this.
  22. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Yes. I want to pay $100 per plug.
    That would assure me that it’s a good plug, and worthy of my Ferrari..

;)

LorenzoR likes this.
  23. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    If that's the case...I got a set I can sell ya! :D

02360spider likes this.
  24. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Sorry I just changed them last year. I’m pretty sure I lost about 100hp with the new non-Ferrari ones...but I’m too lazy to change them for yours.
    If there’s any Canadian members looking for these cheap plugs, I’d recommend Clubplug.ca