O/T: DFW gets In N Out Burger!!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

O/T: DFW gets In N Out Burger!!!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jimpo1, May 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kosmo

kosmo Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    BIg D
    I luv In and out. Its prob my fav FAST FOOD burger. I idea of waiting that long is plain stupid. It's amazing that so many dont seem to understand "time is money." If you want a good burger go to Capital grill.

2. speedy

speedy Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    James Gardner
    My wife and I drove past the Frisco location last weekend. Sunday night, 8:00 PM, line of about 20 cars and about 15 people waiting outside to get in.... I don't get it.

Also, my wife was driving around trying to get our son to sleep the other day, she drive through Frisco store and picked up a burger and fries. She called me at work to tell me it was the absolute worst burger she has ever tasted. So bad she had to throw it away. But that was her, she's a woman and is inherently a picky eater...

I'll have to make a decision for myself after the lines die down. Daddy's not waiting in a long line for a burger and fries... especially when Five Guys is down the street.

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    As much as I love In n Out, and I'm a BIG fan, I think they're oversaturating.

Today, the store at 75 and Caruth Haven opens. It's near Northpark for those unfamiliar with the area. Under construction is a store at 635 and Coit. That's pretty close. Also under construction is a store at 635 and Midway. Thats even closer to the Coit store.

Not sure how they'll handle the traffic at the Coit and Midway stores, there's NO where for cars to go. In Allen, it's back from the road and there's plenty of parking lot.

Will, you're a communist.

James, don't rely on your wifes opinion. Form your own. :)

Just say DOUBLE DOUBLE!

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Nothing wrong with a great local burger, I'd rather have that than anything else. No reason to be part of mass amount of lemmings flocking to wait in line at the over-glorified Wataburger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Meetup there after RUF whenever it opens? :D

6. The Godmother

The Godmother Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Marci H.
    You forgot about the one at Beltline and the Tollway - North East "corner" - about a block north of Beltline on the service road. It's due to open in October. :)

Oh, and there's a large parking lot there, and next door, and behind the building, and .... :D

7. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Jeez, don't the I&O folks remember the Krispy Kreem lessons?

I'll head down to Fred's or Pop's or Lambert's or ............ for something really good without the hype.

Curious about Capital Grill, now, though.

8. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Do you think it's an over glorfied Whataburger? :D

9. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Well, yeah.

:)

10. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #60 BlackBird007, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
    I somewhat agree with Will. It is an over-glorified Whataburger.

But, it's something new to us that is supposedly good. Same thing happened with Krispy Kreme a few years ago.

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Karting

Oct 23, 2009
    Dallas San Diego
    It's not all about the taste lol. If you are from California or have some connection to California or whatever, you stand in line. Otherwise you don't. Pretty much it

12. burner42

burner42 Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Myles
    I am glad everyone blew their wad at the Frisco/Allen In-N-Out last month, the line at the Caruth Store in Dallas was a breeze today!!! I was (no pun intended) in and out in 25 minutes!!!

13. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'm going this weekend. Either Allen or Caruth, but I'm going. I've waited long enough.

Oh, and I've had LOTS of Whataburgers, they don't compare. My $.02. You guys are just communists. :p

14. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    Had tons of both...there is a reason Zagots has 5 guys #1

15. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Had my first Smashburger today. Damn tasty.

16. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Not being a Kali-conditioned person, where is the line to get in that line? :D

17. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Tried one of those today for the first time, didn't even know the University location was open for the past eight months. Meh, the meat was pounded too flat & tasted kinda bland. I should have gone to the Love Shack instead.

18. burner42

burner42 Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Myles
    Jim, We should get together and sample some local burgers. I have been on a best burger quest the last couple months... Still have not had a 5 guys, smashburger, or heart attack grill... and the list goes on!

19. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    We obviously have no business eating burgers together. Communists and open minded meat lovers shouldn't dine at the same establishments. :)

My office in Irving will soon have 5 guys, Smashburger, and In N Out within a few blocks of each other. We also have The Keg nearby, they have a great lunch burger. Tell me when!

My favorite is still Snuffers. Hands down.

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Karting

Oct 23, 2009
    Dallas San Diego
    Haha why would you want to do something like that? :)

21. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Went to the Dallas location yesterday around 11:30am. Waited about 30 seconds to be directed to a parking spot, and then ordered within 5min and had our food 10 minutes later. Very efficient moving a ton of people through there.

The double double was good for fast food, and give it a 7 our of 10. We did order a single Animal Style, and liked the mustard concoction it was cooked in.

For fast food, it beats out the McD and burger kings, but Whataburger still gives it a run for it's money. Of all the new burger places I have tried in the last few months, 5 guys, Mooyah, Elevation, I think Smashburger has the best taste. For non-chain burgs, Motor and Maple, and the Angry Dog beat them all. It you want to step back in time, Burger House on Hillcrest just south of Lover's Lane, has been putting them out since the early 50's, and their special fry seasoning is still the best. Eat it there for your best results.

22. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    Went to the Dallas location today for lunch. Arrived at 12:15 and had food in 20 minutes. I was extremely impressed on how efficiently they were moving traffic off the service road and through the lines and how pleasant the staff was given the temperature outside today.

23. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Allright, I'll throw out Goff's as one of the better burgers around Dallas.

24. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    #74 jimpo1, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Found myself near the new Caruth Haven location today at 11:00, decided to give it a shot. 16 minutes from the time I pulled into the drive through lane until the time I drove away with food. They were amazingly effecient moving tons of people through there. I think it would've been faster if I'd just parked and gone inside instead of the drive through, but I have no complaints.

Mmmmm.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Conformist