NY Ferrari Concours | Page 3 | FerrariChat

NY Ferrari Concours

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by BassMan, Oct 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should there be a Judged Ferrari Concourse on Long Island?

1. Absolutely!

2. Not Interested

3. It would put too many miles on my Ferrari

4. I'm afraid of what the judges may find

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
  2. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Did I see on the recent electronic FCA Newsletter a 9/25/16 Old Westbury Gardens Concours event ? I probably need new glasses. If my eyesight is ok is this confirmation of an FCA sanctioned LI Concours ?

3. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

You are reading correctly Stephen. It's more or less "a save the date" until we meet with the Concours board next week. I'm hoping we can make this work. There are lots of moving parts that have to be put together first. I will update here as I know more.

4. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    We will all keep our fingers crossed and pray for your success. An FCA sanctioned Concours event held in a convenient north shore Nassau County location and timed well in advance could bring out some incredible Tifosi iron. Hopefully it will be approved quickly and heavily publicized. There really are so many incredible F cars in the Tri-State area that I can envision a really good response. There are also many Tifosi in the mid-Atlantic (Wash. DC/Virginia/Maryland) and New England (MA./RI/VT./Maine) areas who'd probably participate with proper notice. Unlike the Americana car show, with an FCA sanctioned Concours, we should have many rare or even ultra rare Ferrari's from the 50's and 60's. Thank you for your efforts Steve. Happy healthy and prosperous New Year to all Tifosi.

5. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Good new is it looks like we will finally have a Concours for Ferrari owners on Long Island. The bad news, or should I say, the hard part, is securing enough qualified judges to be in attendance for the projected amount of Ferraris that will be participating. I have some feelers out and we at least have a couple as of now. This first Concours will be a learning experience with I'm sure some bugs and glitches as we move along. Participants have to go easy on me with this in September. I have some good people helping out with this and we should have an amazing turnout, but I can foresee things not going as smoothly as I would like. As we move on year after year I'm sure it will be as smooth as glass. I'm glad we are now the fourth marque at this event and the guys from Porsche, BMW and Benz have been doing this for a while so we are in good hands :)

So gentleman...get your Fcars ready!

6. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    That's great news! I've judged the Reading and GSFFF Concours for years and am interested in helping out...

7. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    Great news Steve. I'm looking forward to it.

8. vp277

vp277 Karting

Mar 1, 2010
    LI, NY
    Steve,

I've been judging Jaguars for the LI Jag club for years, can help with judging 3x8 cars if help is needed.

Vlad

9. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #59 msdesignltd, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  10. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Len and Vlad, thanks for willing to help. I very well may need you guys. I will mention you both at the next board meeting and keep you both posted.

11. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Michael we will post the details as I know more on the registration procedure. I will post here and also send an email blast out to FCA members.

12. Eli355

Eli355 Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eli
    Great job Steve and FCA team members. It will be a great event

13. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I've been going to the Tri marque event at Westbury for many years. A few years ago there was a Ferrari contingent that attended. The invitation by the organizers to have Ferraris participate was shelved because most of the Ferrari guys didn't plan on being there all day and were looking to roll out by 11:00 am. It became a joke and maybe unfairly,it fed into the stereotype some people hold of Ferrari owners. If this event happens, there has to be a significant turnout and willingness to participate all day for it to be a success. You can count me in.

14. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Well based on the feedback I'm getting here and from the FCA members, it seems that many want there to be a Ferrari show and hopefully will stay the whole time. So we should have a great turnout.
    Let's put it this way, if what you say happens this year, this will be my first and last concours I will be part of. A lot of work will be going into this. Securing judges, sponsors, attendees and of course having a nice weather day, are all pieces of this puzzle that have to come together.

Glad you're in though!

15. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    I will be there Steve.

Would be happy to assist in any capacity if needed as well.

16. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Glad to hear Bob. Thank you!

17. ar1040

ar1040 Rookie

Jul 8, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andrew Reade
    Where and when

18. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Check your FCA calendar. Sept 25. Westbury Gardens. Are you a member?

19. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I haven't posted about this in a while but all is going full steam ahead. We had our latest Great Marques Concours meeting last night and we are now in the planning stages.
    This is in overwhelming task. I will be needing volunteers from parking directors to a couple of grill men/women to man the BBQ for our participants. I think we are good with judges but we may need more. I am getting a huge helping hand with judges and advice from Matt Ligotti from North East Italian Car Club in Staten Island. Thank you Matt!!!

Can I have a show of hands for:

- People willing to help out

- Participants that would like to have their cars judged. And what Fcar would you be bringing to have judged. I really have no idea how many cars will be participating in the judging so I'd like to get an idea just from the Fchat community. Of course we will have many more entries from the FCA members (I hope) but at least I can get an idea from the guys just on this forum.

We will have a judged section and a non-judged display only section. There will be a cut off date for judged cars to be entered though. We can't have the weather watchers wanting to enter their cars for judging the day of or even a few days before the event. This simply won't work. We haven't established a date for deadlines yet though. We figure it might be a month before or so.

Remember....this is supposed to be a fun event. We may not have every class the FCA usually has at other concorsos. This will be a learning process as this is well be our inaugural year on LI for this show. I can't please everyone and there will be bumps in the road. Also remember, this is a volunteer "job" for me and takes up a tremendous amount of my personal time. I have my right hand man Mike Bass (bball16) who's stepped up in his role in the FCA and has been participating in the last couple of meetings. He's a HUGE help and thank you Mike!!!!

Learning from this year will make each following year even better :)

Steve Morea
    President- FCA
    Long Island Region

20. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Steve. Let's try to make this the kind of event that enthusiasts from all over will talk about.

21. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And let's thank FoLI for any support they give us...

22. BassMan

BassMan Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Steve as I've said before I would love to see this concours get off the ground. I plan on bringing my 328 for judging and happy to help in the planning and execution of the event.

Think about it everyone when have you had the opportunity to be on the ground floor of starting a new tradition? If we do this right we can grow this to a premier event over the next few years. But it requires a lot of work and support from all of you in the Ferrari community.

23. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    This sounds like its going to be special! Thanks to Andy for the idea and Steve putting the work into it!!

I'll be there!

24. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    It will be a great event!!! Now I need to make some room for my trophies. 😬😬

25. Eli355

Eli355 Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eli
    I will be there