NSX Road Trip | Page 9 | FerrariChat

NSX Road Trip

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by NbyNW, Jun 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    If you look closely, mine had turn signals, because it was a domestic Japanese model, and they were street legal there. :eek:

My dad bought it in Japan and brought it home in a C-141. Saved him a lot of cash out of pocket, but I wouldn't have wanted to see the fuel bill. :)

2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Another thing I learned to appreciate about bikes back then... Honda’s and Yamaha’s we had, was the engineering and how they just worked. My first exposure to Japanese manufacturing. That compared to lawn mowers and chain saws we had on the farm that were a pain. The chain saw almost never ran right. While the motorcycles just worked every time.

Fast forward to this new NSX. It just works! I think those positive past experiences pointed me to the NSX over some of its competition.

G. Pepper likes this.
  3. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

4. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

5. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

6. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

7. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Fun times out West are done. Incredible time seeing the west from the seat of an NSX. The car performed perfectly and it made this trip possible. Without Honda reliability I wouldn’t have done this. And it was plenty exotic for me. Big time wow factor, performance, comfort, and high tech wizardry.

When I get the car unloaded I’ll figure out total miles running around, but it should be about 1,700 miles or so.

Loaded up and back to Maryland.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

9. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Somewhere in Iowa, chasing that storm. We caught it! Traffic was really heavy all the way across Iowa. Annoying and surprising for a Sunday. At Davenport they all went north to Chicago. Then terrible roads in Illinois heading east. Some were really, really terrible.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

11. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

12. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Why in the land where everything is bigger, Tejas!

http://www.mfgtexas.com/wind-turbine-parts-service/

We see a lot of those blades up and down our interstates. As you said, they're impressively large. There's a large facility up in Gainesville, Texas, which is about 70 miles north of Dallas. A few fun roads up there near St Jo and Muenster, both of which have large wind farms.

Safe travels home...T

13. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

^ of course...

Wind farms all over Iowa. Not as many in SD from what I could see. Who knows what’s over the horizon? Also passed a vertical support section stopped at a rest area. Huge also. Giant cylinder. Need to read about them... why that size? Why not bigger or smaller? Biggest that can be moved on roads? Research for another day.

One more day...

14. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

tomc likes this.
  15. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    Thank you for this thread. I remember Wyoming when moving from Oregon to Wisconsin but it all flew past in a day in an old truck. Id love to try this in a 458. Love the NSX though. Im gonna revisit this in a couple years.

16. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Thanks for the comment and hope you are able to do a road trip soon! So much fun.

17. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

tomc and G. Pepper like this.
  18. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Where you going this time? I'm doing 101 south from the Olympic Peninsula to Los Angeles in the 360 in September.

19. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Same general area to see family. Different route out and visiting different places.

G. Pepper likes this.