NSX Road Trip v2.0 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

NSX Road Trip v2.0

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by NbyNW, Jun 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Great pics - gives me lots of memories

We stopped at Cheyenne Crossing when we road in from Wyoming in the snow storm I mentioned several posts back.

The roads are fantastic !

MDS

2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

3. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

It’s amazing here. Glad these bring back memories. Hope you can get back soon!

4. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    Have you seen much in modern exotics on the road out there?

We were just in Vancouver and that place is covered in fun cars.

5. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Pretty quiet... one 430 outside Lead. One Macan in Cody. Q8 S something in Cody also - nice looking. Mainly vettes and Harleys. Lots of Raptors!

6. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    If you hit Deadwood, have a beer at Saloon #10 and then go have a nice dinner upstairs ... we have done this several times during Sturgis Rally

MDS

7. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    It’s called the Deadwood Social Club btw ...

8. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I’ll look it up. Time is short here.

9. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

From watching the series 'Deadwood', I learned that:

Lead is pronounced as in "Lead the horse to water", not the metal, Lead.

George Hearst owned the Homestake mine that produced gold for over 100 years.
    (His son was William Randolph Hearst,... owned all the Hearst newspapers.)

10. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Pretty amazing history. A ton of gold came out of that mine!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homestake_Mine_(South_Dakota)

11. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

alum04org likes this.
  12. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

13. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

14. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Wrapping this up. Back home so the last of the pictures.

Going to lunch last week and this caught my eye in a parking lot. Part of a group of cars from the Professional Automobile Club. They restore ambulances, hearses, limos, etc. Rapid was the furthest west they had been in years. They usually do east coast. Neat stuff. 1974 ambulance.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Pictures from our last drive this past Thursday. Beautiful day and my favorite yellow signs. The roads are incredible. I didn't see a single pothole in SD or WY. No potholes! There were some rough areas, but no open holes and no big deal, just wide open roads to cruise on.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

This worked great. All pressures stayed within a psi or two. Variation came with the tires in the sun. Usually all were the same. If left on the console it would occasionally lose contact with a tire, up on the dash it worked perfectly.

It was about 90 air temp in this pic and tire temps ranged from 97 - 102 depending on the sun. With air temps in the 80s tire temps were low-mid 90s.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed