NSX owners (or previous owners) on FChat? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

NSX owners (or previous owners) on FChat?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by DCNSX, Jan 11, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
  2. s4play

s4play Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Just FYI many many NSX owners also have s2000's ~ in my case I love both cars so much I have each one in GPW and both are pretty rare :)

My 2004 GPW NSX
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My 2009 GPW s2000 (last year made)
    [​IMG]

3. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #53 sca037, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We have 2 NSX's, one that's mostly stock (exhaust & wheels) and one that's highly modified and turbocharged.
    In totally stock form, I think they (like all Hondas) are just too quiet but otherwise are fantastic cars.
    Add a hundred (or several hundred) more horsepower to the equation and they become absolutely phenomenal.......

I never really aspired to F-car ownership (can I say that here and not be ostracized ? ;^) but joined Fchat because the local owners I've met are such cool folks!

Brian
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    #54 fiorano94, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Very nice :cool:

Back when my dad had 2 NSX's, he used his S2000 as a daily driver :D

5. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Like the S2000 but luv the NSX, no cloud!!

6. NousDefions

NousDefions F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2009
    NC
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I loved mine for a while, until she met her demise.

I had a '91 Silver coupe with every Comptech mod available (supercharger, brakes, the works), a lot of carbon fiber, rare exhaust, and a bunch of other stuff. I learned a valuable lesson about letting friends play with your toys, because a buddy of mine totaled her into a ditch.

At least my girlfriend wants me to replace her with an F-car.

7. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    Where is your buddy buried now? In the same ditch?

Seriously, I hope he was alright...so YOU could kill him! :)

8. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Now I'm starting to really miss my NSX. it's garage in VA for the winter. Will be back soon.

Great to see so many NSX fans here.

9. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    Ditto.

So much better than a thread of trashing on other cars. Anyone who loves GREAT cars (like ALL Ferrari fans do) has to admit that the NSX was a GREAT car...hands down.

Now if Honda would just pull a repeat, like we know they can...

10. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    Agreed...but on the other hand, kinda hard to knock a product like the NSX.

It works so well, anyone who has 1/2 a brain and has driven one cannot dispute the merits of the car.

This goes well beyond the trashing of cars argument. This car doesn't belong in that discussion because aside from it being a bit like a sewing machine, a very well designed and built one btw, there's nothing to quibble about aside from the reduced horsepower.

It doesn't do anything wrong, has no bad habits and is very easy to service and own...yes please.

11. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    ^ "reduce power", I hear that a lot, but then again the NSX is as as fast as a 355 and beats a Testarossa to a 100mph.

12. Argento6spd360modena

Argento6spd360modena Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2009
    #63 Argento6spd360modena, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
    Well said, it is definitely one of the best sports car ever made if not the best Japanese sports car ever. I too had a supercharged NSX, 7 years of ownership total. If not for the excellent choices of cars available today (GTR, R8, Gallardo, 360, F430, etc), i definitely would consider adding another NSX to my stable, but the overall Ferrari driving experience is just up another notch. Those NSX owners that are on the fence, just do it, you will see.

NSX do suffer same issue as GTRs, when people move from a lesser car to finally getting NSX (Integra>S2000>NSX) or (Altima>G35>>37Z>GTR), they absolutely think it is the greatest thing on earth and every other car is not so good. This kind of attitude really turned me off when I had NSX, and I can definitely see same pattern with GTR.

My old NSX is the white one in this video:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz_wYVFUgMk[/ame]

13. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    Garsh ! I want to buy an NSX again just to hang out with you fellas !

Seems like you know how to have a good time...yes please.

ok so there's the trailer...where's the beef?

:)

14. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Oddball question, but how are these cars in leg room?

15. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    EXCELLENT!

...but I'm a shorter guy (5'6"), so it doesn't matter to me. Tall guys don't always fit in Italian sports cars. :)

16. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    I am 6'3" and if I was *any* taller I just wouldn't fit. That said, both our NSX's are Targas and allegedly the earlier cars (hardtops) have a bit more headroom. Other options include custom seat or tear out the bottom seat bolster material.

17. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Bummer. 6'5" here. Seems like sports cars or anything fast really aren't made for us tall guys. :(

18. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Don't say bummer just yet. I know that several tall guys use these cars with no problem. In fact, many owners successfully install subwoofers in the passenger side footwell because there is room to do so.

I'm sure more owners will chime in and comment.

19. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #70 LightGuy, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
    Great for this 6'1" guy.
    Its the head-room thats an issue.
    A simple Dali replacement seat cushion changed the character of the car for me from an anoying head rubbing to a comfortable clearance and a solid (bolster type) seat grip. No need for aftermarkets. I was amazed at how light the factory seat is given that its power leather.
    Some taller people remove the cushion entirely and sit on a Mouse pad type cushion.
    If I were 7' I'd remove the seat and sit on the floor. Its worth it. :)

20. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Theres always Porsche.
    Made for Germans.

21. GCNSX

GCNSX Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 20, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I just sold my 1991 NSX and I've been lurking on Fchat for quite a few months. I loved the car, and while my heart tells me to make a dream come true and buy that 348 or 355 I've always wanted, a newer NSX is still near the top of my wish list.

It's just so damn hard to find a good example of ANY of those 3 cars nowadays. I have lost out on 2 perfect NSX's in the past month because I hesitated. Bummer. Regardless, I hope to take some time Wednesday and look at a couple 348's around here. We'll see what comes of that.

22. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    I'm 6'2", and I fit in the passenger seat of my dad's 91 ok, but fit very well with a lot of room in the drivers seat.

23. Modulo_B

Modulo_B Karting

Jan 20, 2007
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Rudy
    What an extraordinary machine! Thank you Mario for those great photos; i remember
    reading that Senna was involved in the suspension tuning phase. Also, years later
    during the 90's the JD Powers and associates ranked one car above the equally
    industry revolutionizing Lexus LS 400 for reliability and construction: Acura NSX!

Remarkable and then some. Absolute proof that gee, you actually can have it all:

Exotic car design and performance and wow, reliability.

It's called integrity, back by technical know how.

Thank you Honda, and the great team at the Tochigi plant. You showed the world
    what you were capable of doing, and in the process, practically forced our
    beloved Ferrari to change some of their evil ways if you will; why not do it again?

As you can see from this great forum, you have many fans that would not hesitate
    to buy another great sports car from you...and oh yeah, to those friends considering
    buying an NSX, get them while you can!!!

24. pearsonhaus

pearsonhaus Formula 3

Jul 2, 2008
    Enjoyed the Vid, thanks! The NSX is still a neat car...