NSX owners (or previous owners) on FChat? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NSX owners (or previous owners) on FChat?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by DCNSX, Jan 11, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    I've had two. Sold the first one after a couple of years and missed it so much that I bought another that I kept for eight years. Four of those years were the same time as the 355. both great but different cars. BTW, I'll likely have another.

2. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    #27 NSXER, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    ...I went to the Hockenhiem F1 Race. Senna and Prost drove past me into the track in the 2 door econo box, CIVIC? I think?

Of course no trip to Germany would be complete with out a trip to the Nordschleife...while there hustling my 4 door 190 from Hertz around the maze of twists and turns, throwing my deutch marks at the attendant repeatedly, on my exit I spied two NSX's that were in an exclusive area, scads of Japanese fellows in Honda emblazoned work clothes and gear hovering about... Of course it was like a red flag to a bull.

I walked about like I was German and I secretly two took pictures of these early pre-production test mules. It was all I dared, I obviously didn't belong and I was scared to get caught.

I think the VIN's ended in 0006 and 0008.
    The back glass was being held in with black tape supplementing the normal retention means on the rear of one car. It was amazing the 'fit and finish' being so crude.

If there is an interest I can scan and post these pictures from that day. It was cool to see. I was only 25 at the time.

4. Northwest 550

Northwest 550 Karting

May 20, 2009
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Brown M. Maloney
    We have a 2001 in Grand Prix White.
    Purchased brand new, remains 100% stock.
    Great car for the money.

5. NoFerrari

NoFerrari Karting

Nov 24, 2004
    Oakland,Ca/LA
    Full Name:
    Benny
    1974gt4 Pics or it didn't happen. =)

6. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur

Let's see the pics! Too cool.

7. Bullitt44

Bullitt44 Karting

Feb 22, 2005
    Westlake, OH
    Full Name:
    Jon Sabo
    The NSX is loved by most and rightfully so. I have spent a lot of time behind the wheel of one and they are great cars. Reliable, great road feel and appeal all the appointments of a car you want to drive.

8. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    #33 1974gt4, Jan 13, 2011
    I have learned one thing in this forum. No smack talking. We have F-16 pilots who land on carriers, mountain climbers and the like...if you didn't do it...shut the h*ll up. Walk the walk or stay on the porch.

So below are the copyrighted pix, I have a picture of Senna driving into Hockenhiem as well but it's blurry so I didn't waste the space. CSXi I think ???

Notice the red car has a "H" on the rear, the yellow 00008 has nothing and the noses are not adorned with nor do they have the 'impressions' to recieve the enamle logos. In fact the red nose has different paint color and I now remember looking thrrough the windshield seeing alot of zeros and the numbers '6' and '8'

Enjoy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    SWEET!!! God I want an NSX.

10. ocr

ocr Karting

Dec 16, 2010
    Huntington Beach Cal
    Full Name:
    Glenn Morrow
    In 91 I had a nsx #248 I bought it instead of a 348. It was faster had a better ride and handled better.At the time it was the ferrari beater. I thought it was a fun car. Funny it made ferrari make better cars but it never evolved. Just 20 more hp and new headlights in 15 years. Can you imagine today a nsx with 100 more hp and f1.

11. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Honda/Acura can you hear us now??? If you braught back the same exact car with the upgrades mentioned I think it would be a home run but I know it won't happen yet I can dream right?

12. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Great pics and very cool! But I AFAIK, there are no carrier-based F-16s (even though I could swear I saw an F-16 once, with a tail hook). F-14s and F-18s, yes for sure.

13. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    #38 DriveAfterDark, Jan 14, 2011
    One of my all time favorite cars, for sure... It will always have a special place in my heart. The styling is dull on pictures compared to Ferrari, but so elegant, stealthy and fluid in real life. Every time I spot the local NSX in Sebring Silver it's just about the coolest thing I've ever seen, and it's relatively rare and therefore much more exciting to than your average red modern V8 Ferrari...
    This car is 100% about driving and covering thousands of miles without thinking about anything but the driving! I could list up 100 reasons to why this car is awesome...

To those complaining about the interiors (of a sports car!!): I thought we were men?

PS. I will buy 1991 Berlina Black as a daily driver in mid-summer 2012... I already have butterflies in my stomach.

This thread more pictures (yes, I have a thing for black pre-facelift NSX's). Look at the side profile! So hot, on par with the F355 IMHO...

14. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    I had 3 NSX's because at the time I just couldn't swing the price of an fcar and they offered what I felt was the closest driving experience to a Ferrari. I'm now on my seventh Ferrari (458) but have nothing but fond memories of my NSX's.

15. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    I have never seen a pic before with those rear wheels. The front ones are correct but the rear are odd. I wonder if they were trying to decide which to go with?

I too have had an NSX, great car, NOT-A-4RE

16. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    My dad currently owns a black/black 91 5 speed. Used to own a 1999 Red/Tan 6 speed. Absolutely fantastic car. An absolute joy to drive.

17. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani

....I was never in the Navy, USCG Yes, but we didn't have any "F" series aircraft.

Not in keeping with our Peace Time Mission, primarily search and rescue.
    Pretty hard to pick up somebody in the water at Mach 1 or 2 !!!:)

However, I was trying to make the point, successfully I think also, that this is one crowd that suffers no fools, smack talkers or misdirected souls.

Cheers.

18. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    There was a guy on here who said he landed an aircraft carrier on the moon but Dr. S dispatched him quickly. Oops forgot the :D

19. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Guys, this happened kinda suddenly: I think I just bought a Gallardo.... more later. Will have to sell the '01 Carrera or the '91 NSX. Guess which one I'll keep?

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    beautiful!

21. Hugh

Hugh Rookie

Oct 15, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Owner of "Charlotte". 1993 NSX with 272,000 miles, 3.5L twin turbo, 666 RWHP, numerous suspension mods etc.... You guys in South Florida know the car. :)

22. Hugh

Hugh Rookie

Oct 15, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    The F-16 does indeed have a tailhook, so does the F-117 and a lot of other non-carrier designed military planes. They are for emergency landing use. The Rotary Hydraulic Arrestor Gear (RHAG) used on military runways is similar to the arrestor cables found on carrier flight decks.

23. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Yes, I'm not disagreeing!

As for those pointing out that I was not hallucinating, thanks. I separately found out that F-16s, despite their tail hooks, do not have landing gear structure sufficiently robust to handle carrier landings. The tail hooks grab arresting cables in emergency landings when the aircraft can't stop, but that's only after they're down on the runway.

Anyway, back on topic, I sure wish Acura/Honda would come out with something similar. There were rumors of a second generation NSX, but the car they had under study before pulling the plug on its development was front-engined, somewhat like the Nissan GT-R. Bring back something like the original with a mid-engine layout, but with some sort of high BHP hybrid powertrain, and that would be cool!

24. Hugh

Hugh Rookie

Oct 15, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    +1 on everything you said except for a ridiculous hybrid powertrain. Give me a huge hp, huge carbon footprint powerplant. Global warming is a hoax. CO2 is a harmless gas that doesn't even rise into the atmosphere. It can't, it has a molecular weight nearly twice that of the air we breathe. (Trace amounts exist due to wind and air currents but it all eventually falls down to Earth where plants and algae convert it to oxygen. Al Gore and his ilk should all be incarcerated.)

Don't get me started on the oil comes from dinosaurs nonsense now! :)

Cheers,
    Hugh

25. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    ...well all I keep thinking is that, hoax or not, the integration of hybrid technology is good for all the motor heads who will not do without the power afforded through hydrocarbon bases engines.

While I personally abhor the Toyota prius, I thank all those owners who are 'saving the planet'...

aren't they grand for prolonging the hydrocarbon based fuel base we now enjoy.

A toast to them.