November 7th Exotic car show | Page 5 | FerrariChat

November 7th Exotic car show

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, Oct 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
  2. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey

Losers always say "wait until next year" but rarely do they return the next year. So if this year, its was proven that..

THE PHILLIES SUCK!!!!

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

this kind of chatter in the MAR will get your butt banned so knock it off. :D

We are rock solid Phillies and Orioles fans here, you need to dial back the rhetoric.

DM

4. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
  5. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    #105 VGM911, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    Ummm....we're really NOT all solid Phillies and Orioles fans here. Some of us are Yankees fans. And we're smiling now that the 27th World Series Flag will soon be hanging in Yankee Stadium. I'm wondering how many such flags are hanging in Baltimore's/Philadelphia's stadiums. Anybody?

P.S. Obviously, the Phillies are a very good team and don't suck. Such rhetoric is silly in this case.

6. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Jerry - I was trying to be nice to the Philly fans but they are still being bad boys- Zaff and bad boy- hmmmmm I think you are spot on- take that Joe

7. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #107 JoeZaff, Nov 5, 2009

If I may humbly disagree with both you fine gentlemen. I am a fellow NJ transplant, having spent most of my youth about 11 miles outside NY. I have spent the better part of my day fielding calls and text messages from my old buddies. Unfortunately, they, like you, have yet to see the light. In that regard, I am a shepherd guiding the blind.

If I may be so bold, there are certain unassailable truths in this world. (1) the sun will rise, (2) we all will someday die, and (3) the Yankee's are abhorrent. ;)

Now, with that firmly and comfortably established, let us now resume our discussion of this weekend's fine charity event.

HOW ABOUT THAT WEATHER!!!!!

:) :) LOL.

8. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    #108 Alxlee, Nov 5, 2009
    Sooooooo, about that car show. How many people are planning on going to Cars and Coffee Saturday at Dilworthtown? I'm thinking Cars and Coffee, departing there around 9 AM heading to the show from there. How about we pick up anyone coming from the North or South that wants to do the short caravan in from Concord Pike and 141 at 9:30 AM...conveniently located off I95? (Address below) Any takers?

Fairfax Shopping Center
    1901 CONCORD PIKE
    Wilmington, DE 19803
    (302) 654-1803

9. Radnor

Radnor Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    USA
    I am going to C&C and will follow and play caravan to the show site. My youngest has a soccer game at 10:30am so I will take a hiatus from the show from about 10 am until I can return at about noon.

I just have to sort out the line-up - BBi to C&C and then R500 to show later or Evo to C&C and then BBi to show later? Mike tells me the CS will be back next week and I won't have the Miura until December so they are out.

10. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    This sounds like the most practical idea for me, now that my family will be in town. I'll see you at C&C.

11. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    I didn't even realize the Miura got finalized! Congrats!

12. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Humm, banned for stating mi opinion, Humm. Free speech they told me when I arrived at MIA.

Anyway, I love them Flyer.

Plus the Phillies suck because I was rooting for them and now being the NYC area ,I have to listen to all the Yankees BS. And that really sucks so they suck.

Hockey 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

13. Radnor

Radnor Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    USA
    308's, 328's, a 348, 355's, 360's, a stradale, 430's, a scuderia, a 550 barchetta, a gorgeous 512BBi, a spyker, a murcielago, a series 1 e-type, a TR3, a MGA, a caterham, an original mini, a Jensen Interceptor, elises, exiges, a Tesla, a '73 Carrera RS, DB9, DB6 and a slew of cars from Germany with their engines behind the rear axle. Quite a showing - 70+ cars. Great job, Jon!

14. Radnor

Radnor Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    USA
    Almost forgot....a 456 M GTA and a California were there too.

15. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    #115 turbos7903, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    Thanks Doug and everyone else....I dont think I have ever been to a car show with this kind of turnout. It wasnt just the quanity of cars. It was the rarity and exclusivity of the cars at the event. So....Was it the purpose of the event ( Boys and Girls club Christmas Party) was it the time of year,Was it the location and the wide variety of things to do or was it just the stars were all aligned? Regardless it was a tremendous show of cars. Most importantly we raised a spectacular $1115.00 to buy gifts for the kids this Christmas. Combine that with the contribution the Shopping center gave us for putting on the show and you have enough to throw a nice party for the kids. Look for a post for the date of the party for the kids. Thanks to Nick for helping organize the event. Thanks to Sean for the beautiful Graphics work on the posters and the collection box. Special thanks to the Merchants at the Greenville Crossings shopping center for allowing us the parking space.

Peoples choice award results:

First Place Ed Hodgen 430 Scuderia
    Second Place Steve Tedesche F355 Spider
    Third Place Bob Craig 308

16. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

kudos to everyone and thanks Jon for another great event....Bob Craig, you owe me for the 3rd place....

17. ryankjb

ryankjb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Great event you had today Jon, and for a great cause.

There were some spectacular cars there today, some of which I had never seen before, the Spyker for instance. The TR3 there was incredible too, almost a 7 year restoration and it showed.

You're a good man for doing this.

18. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

I think Doug's car was the nicest there!! I gotta get me one of those!! Awesome car Doug!

19. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    What a fun day.

Thank Jon and Nick for putting this together for a great cause. Fantastic to see Doug's Boxster again-it's been awhile. Ed's scud rock's - great guys for letting Renee do burn out's and giving kids rides- only kiddin. Joe, love your car too plus all the rest. Joe Z. thanks for the extra tickets I think they helped me get some plastic. Bob and George you guys are the best. Jon your car looked so lonely Geez I can't wait to see the faces of the kids enjoying this Christmas.

20. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I had a wonderful time today. Jon, thanks so much for organizing it, what a wonderful cause! I feel privileged to have even been a small part of it. Bob, I think you owe ME for that third place!

Alex, great photos as always!!!!

21. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    Now today was a fun day, great people, great cars and superb weather and we did it all for charity ....

Big thanks the Greenville Crossing for entrusting the event to car guys ..... I heard from one of the merchants this evening and they had had a darn fine day of business. So who was it buying all the undies then - come on own up ??

See y'all next year

Nick

22. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #123 rcraig, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Jon and Nick and those that worked so hard to make this happen. You all should be very proud. Amazing day. I agree with Jon, that I don't think I've been to a show before with such an amazing , diverse group of cars in such fine shape.

Nick and Jon- You've set an amazing standard and good luck bettering it every year. BTW- This was also one of the best behaved, and knowledgeable crowds I have seen at a car show. The demographics of the area were perfect for this gathering. I hope the merchants did well and I'm so glad the kids will have a little better Christmas this year when times are this tough all over.

Jon, George and Brenda. Great fun backroad drive on the way home. Best way to end a day like that.

To the Joe's, Z & M. You sissy, crybaby , sniveling, early-leaving whiners. Remember the rules. There were no rules!!!!! The one that lasts longest, laughs last. Ha.
    Joe Z. I'm surprised you can stay in business with your lack of judgement.You actually handed those tickets to ME on your way out.
    Maybe I'll bring the trophy on the drive today so you guys can look longingly at it. But DON'T TOUCH IT!

Josh will have a video up soon. Saw some early stuff last night. Looks amazing.

Bob
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    That's it! no christmas card for you :)

On another note, I failed to thank Nick as well for the great event. Thanks Nick!

24. djblu

djblu Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2007
    philthy
    Full Name:
    sean-michael
    Gotta chime in here and say that it was truly a super show. such great cars - and along with that - the people u are all such a class act and it makes the entire event so memorable. thanks Jon for letting me play a small part in such a great event. U know, just give a holler when u need something. AWESOME cars fellahs. Just awesome - thanks for sharing!

great way to end the season. Now... the LEAVES on my yard!