November 19th fun Run | FerrariChat

November 19th fun Run

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, Oct 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Welcome to the November fun run thread (formerly known as the Philly last run of the year) Since the former thread was going no where I decided to take charge and get focused. We will be starting at the Iron Skillet restraunt which is at the MD/DE line exit on I95. I will arrange a rally route that will take us towards Cecil County MD. I suggest we start off early to avoid as much Traffic as possible. Lets say meet at the restraunt at 9:00 ish and leave no later than 10:00ish. We will rally for a couple hours and then stop for lunch somewhere yet to be determined. Those of you who wish can hang out and talk and those with plans can still be home again by 2:00 or so. Stay tuned for more details but please start to sound off so I know if this meets everyones needs. Noah if you hijack this thread and start your off topic bull.... I am going to be really pissed. Thanks everyone. Jon in Delaware

2. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    As long as I don't have any overwelming school work look for me and my brother there in something I can get my hands on :)
    Erik

3. MabF355

MabF355 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 5, 2003
    I will try to go as well. Who knows what I shall drive though...

4. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    I'm in if I can get a ride with someone.

5. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Awesome!!! So lets start spreading the word. Send private emails to your favorite FChat member...get them to come along. We might not see each other again until spring so lets go. I will experiment with a route this weekend. Probably run it to check it out before we actually do the route. bcraig can you hear me?

6. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    This one is too close to home to miss. I'll see if I can get a few more 308s to join the run.
    Will

7. AndrewBall

AndrewBall Rookie

Oct 22, 2006
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew Ball
    we are planning a large cruise of twisty back roads in the area starting and ending in concordville. its 67miles of back roads.

the dates seem clsoe id rather have them together than two meets on the same day. let us know if your interested i am working on it now.

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

What if I hijack the thread???

Seriously, for those of us who are MD challenged, which way/side of the bay is Cecil County?

Isn't there a drag stip there??? Can we do a couple dozen quick 1/4's and see what our fast red cars can do?

Finally, barring unforseen disaster, I will be there with Dino, ready to drive the wheels off you young whipper snappers.

DM

9. Alex1015

Alex1015 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2005
    USA
    Sounds great, I'll see if I can go, with the location we can get the Maryland and Philly guys both going

10. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    How far is it from algar?

11. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

about an hour

12. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I95 exit 109 - Md route 279 - Iron Skillet

13. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    285Ferarri you are correct on the location. jon in delaware

14. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    DM_N_Stuff Cecil county is at the head of the bay neither West nor East. Yes there is a drag strip but I have never been to it so..... towns in Cecil county...Rising sun,Elkton,Fairhill etc.

15. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Well I designed the route today and drove it and this one is definetly the season finale! Total drive time will be approx 3 hours 15 mins.We will be traversing the MD/DE/Pa line many times and therfore crossing over and under I-95 ( and the Mason-Dixon line) at least every hour so anyone that cannot stay for the entire trip can shoot off and meet their own schedule. Hour one takes us from the starting point and within 15 mins we pass Fair Hill stables home of Kentucky Derby champion Smarty Jones. Then up North and West through Nottingham PA home of the Herrs factory and Herrs Potato chips!!! We then reverse direction down towards the Conowingo Dam where we will stop at the Conowingo Dam Fishermans Park for a photo Opportunity. Lots of Parking,Bathrooms,Picnic benches and good sights. Bring your binoculars as this is said to be the best place to view the American Bald Eagle east of the Mississippi. This brings us into the second hour of driving. We depart and head along the Susquehanna River towards Have De Grace cross the river and head north on the other side of the river through Port Deposit MD. ( bring your ezpass to pay the toll going across the river)We end the second hour or so at the Famous Woodys crab house in North East MD.They have a Varied Menu so dont feel compelled to eat Crabs. Lots of cool shops and quaint small town americana. Stay for lunch and shopping or just lunch because for those real die hard driving fans looking to get the very last bit of driving in before the cold weather hits anyone who wishes can go on a bonus drive. After lunch at Woody's those who wish will travel down the Eastern shore to Elk Neck State Park and more fun filled roads for the remaining 45 mins of driving where we will end back where we started. Total miles for the whole trip is 110 miles. Its not chock full of twisties but is more a mix of posted 50mph two lane areas and twisties but beautiful countryside. I really enjoyed my drive today so if the weather is sunny like today you should enjoy it too!!
    Tell everyone you know....This is the Grand Finale so turn out! See you around 9:00Ish on November 19th!

16. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Awesome Jon!!!!

17. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe

Jon, I mean this... YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!

BTW, I saw you in the traffic on 95 south yesterday... car looked great! :)

18. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Thanks!!!!! was I in the Yellow Modena? I was taking it out to blow the cobwebs out?

19. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It was the 360 indeed. How many miles are on it now?

20. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    approx 2500. Bought it with 695 in May so its not sitting thats for sure. opps is this thread hi jacking? jon

21. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    not me this time!! HA!

22. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Does anyone know approx time from 495/95 to get there? And anyone else traveling this way maybe we could follow each other.

23. NomadM3

NomadM3 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Damon
    Being conservative i'll say an hour and a half. It will most likely take you closer to an hour. I can usually make it from the DE/MD line to Wisconsin Ave. in DC in about an hour and 20 minutes, so i'd say an hour is a good ballpark figure if there's no traffic.

24. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Jon- Josh and I will be there . Sorry not on chat lately. Give me a call, you will be going about a mile from my house and I can throw in a few twisty's. Did you talk to the owner at Woody's about parking? It's only about 3-4 miles from my house so I can drop by and talk with him if we can figure out how many cars are coming. Let me know. I drive most of this route quite often and know the area very well so I can help out if you need.
    Bob