Nov 1 Drive | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Nov 1 Drive

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by vincep99, Oct 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I can't upload the group photos yet as they are too big (I had the camera on high resolution). Trying to figure out how to reduce the JPEG size.

2. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    #27 AxerJk, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Another day in Paradise! Thank you Vince for putting this together, and thank you James and Trevor for allowing me to get the exhilarating footage. It was great to see everyone again. :D

Chris
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. brenmac

brenmac Rookie

Nov 1, 2015
    Full Name:
    Brennan
    #28 brenmac, Nov 1, 2015
    Vince,

Thank you for putting on this drive, we had a wonderful time.

Here is a picture of some fine Italian rears from earlier today...don't think I've ever seen 4 TRs in one place..

We passed by Chelsea on the way home..and noticed the Porsche club had their own drive today. They had a 458 speciale and i8 in tow.

Hope everyone enjoys the nice driving weather while it last.

best,
    Brennan

4. brenmac

brenmac Rookie

Nov 1, 2015
    Full Name:
    Brennan
    #29 brenmac, Nov 1, 2015
    Vince,

Thanks for putting on this drive. We had a wonderful time. We went through Chelsea on the way back...I guess the Porsche club also had a nice drive today.

I attached a picture of some fine Italian rears....I don't think I've ever seen 4 TRs in one place around here before !

I hope everyone enjoys the nice driving weather while it last!

brennan

5. blodi

blodi Karting

Apr 27, 2007
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Man, I needed that! Thank you Vince! Amazing group of cars, great people and an awesome route. Let's do that again sometime.

6. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    #32 don_xvi, Nov 1, 2015
    We should make one big note from today for future drives in the area:
    Fenton Express Towing, ask for Chris!

AAA had a real hard time finding anyone that would take the job to tow a Ferrari today, but Chris showed up from Fenton Express Towing and took great care of my car.

I had it diagnosed in the parking lot of the gas station, and if I'd had that old ignition rotor on hand could have gotten back on the road.

I arrived at home and turned on the F1 race as I walked in. Lap 64 of 71. Grabbed the old ignition rotor, pulled the cap off (which I broke monkeying with it at the gas station), threw the used rotor on, put the big part of the broken cap back on and started up on all eight. Lap 70 of 71.

There are some odd circumstances with a high RPM misfire my car has, which seems to go away when you start running it really hard & hot, but leads to the ignition breaking down the insulating properties of the rotor, blowing out the plastic and grounding the spark through the distributor shaft.

7. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Wow Don, I wondered what happened!

Vince, you really hit it out of the park today.......and it was awfully nice of Pam to let you use her car ;-P

Thanks everyone for all the pictures, and many thanks to Ryan for that much needed motivating dose of intoxicating boost.
    The purple boostmonster will return ;^D

Brian

8. pjr

pjr Rookie

Oct 23, 2011
    Northville MI
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Enjoyed breakfast but missed the ride... I got stuck at the first light and never was able to find the pack. Great to see you all though!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

9. gjv

gjv Karting

Feb 20, 2012
    Georgia
    Guys, I am sorry to have missed the event. I was on my way and noticed my clutch started slipping in 5th gear on the M-59, so I decided to go back home. It looks like you had a great turn out. I'll be there for the first spring drive for sure!

Jan

10. suggett48116

suggett48116 Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Brighton,Michigan
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Sorry to hear about this. I was working and saw you tinkering under the hood when I drove by. You we're no more than a mile from my house. I have a picture of your car but again can never figure out this site..... and why I rarely visit or surf here anymore

11. Treviso

Treviso Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Robert
    It was a gorgeous day, great turnout with great people! I wish I could have hung out longer, but I had an appointment I had to be at unfortunately. Still, being second in line was fun and I got to really open up my R8 V10 PLUS (my "other" other car) with my new Larini Club Sport Exhaust System. What a blast. Thanks to everyone for their kindness and hospitality. Rob

12. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Patrick, sorry to hear about the timing of things, got your texts but not in time to help!

Robert, please PM me an email address.......I have something of interest to send you ;^D

Thanks again Vince!!!
    Brian

13. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Thanks, Vince!!! Super people, cars, breakfast food, and drive. Outstanding exhaust noises, too.

At the brief North Territorial and M-52 pause I smelled leaves burning........... hmmmmm......and then a wisp of smoke coming from my top engine vent.......get out, open it up, look.... nothing.

Think I sucked up a leaf or two that came to rest on something hot.

Brennan I saw the same P-club cars down in Chelsea as you did - nice!

14. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    #40 vincep99, Nov 2, 2015
    Thanks for the kudos, I was glad to do it.

Don,
    Sorry about your car, glad you got it sorted out.

Jeff,
    I have the same picture you have at Milford Rd and GM road but shot from my side mirror (not as good a quality):

15. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Car got a well deserved workout. Perfect conditions. Good times. Thanks.

Can't wait to see the canon shot :)

16. Treviso

Treviso Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Robert
    It was so cool seeing all of those TR's in one spot. Someone is going to have to give me a ride in a TR some day and fulfill the dream I have had since the late 80's to enjoy a spin in that beast!

17. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    #43 vincep99, Nov 2, 2015
  18. Treviso

Treviso Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Vince,
    Beautiful 458, BTW! The darker rosso really shows off the beautiful and elegant lines of the 458.
    Being behind you was a thing of beauty! The exhaust note was intoxicating! Congrats!!!
    Rob

19. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Thanks!