Not a replica but a Ricarrozzata | FerrariChat

Not a replica but a Ricarrozzata

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by Enigma Racing, Mar 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
  2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    A "250SWB' with a 4.4L motor, now THAT has to be interesting conversation...

3. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Ricarrozzata, means re-bodied, a very valid Italian word, yet you are right it does sound like pasta :)

Regards, Alberto

4. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    4.4L and a five speed box !

5. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    And coachwork that only vaguely resembled an SWB......

6. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    So? Its not a SWB - its a hotrod. I bet its a real hoot to flog around too. I think it looks pretty good.

Terry

7. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Come on Paul a bit harsh to say "only vaguely" and it's cheaper than your GTE

K

8. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    Kim.....The front end of the car is totally wrong and typical of 250 SWB replicas......Its too 'flat faced'. The subtle curve of the bodywork above the front grille is non existant. Believe me it looks far better in the photos than in the flesh. I'm highly relieved its cheaper than my real GTE !... Come to think of it your 'TDF' aint worth what your real Lusso was ....

9. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    B*tch !

Flat faced maybe but does not equate to writing it off as vague in my book. Not my cup of tea but I imagine it will be fun too drive. As for relative merits between real or replica I would say there is more enjoyment to be derived from a night out with Jordan then a Nun

10. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    Disagree.....Imagine the sense of achievement........

11. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    I hear this in every recreation thread, that some angle is wrong. You may be right, but I find it amusing that it seems as though the recreations body can never be right, someone always claims it's wrong.!

I have seen a lot of pictures of the shops that build these cars and most seem to have good wire frames that they work off. I would assume many were taken off of original cars, so some of them have to be "right". Right?