Nostalgia: Games That Made An Impression On You | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Nostalgia: Games That Made An Impression On You

Discussion in 'Technology' started by REMIX, Dec 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    It's gorgeous in HD on the Xbox Live Arcade. I just downloaded it last night and got my kids into it. It was 800 points = $9.99 (ish).

There are rumors that F355 Challenge will be coming to Xbox Live Arcade as well.

2. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    I've turned my young nephews on to the old games too. They love playing the original Madden on the Genesis more than the newer ones. They love Combat on the 2600 and Defender on the Atari 400 too. It's really fun to pass the torch to the young kids like that.

3. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Always loved that game. Much as i tried i never came to love the Gran Turismo Series the way i like 355 challenge and Hard Drivin' Outrun is just pure Arcade fun.

4. ztunelover

ztunelover Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2009
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Krish
    wow so I would be the unconventional one here. None of my games are listed here.

The game that got me into video games.

Starcraft

The first racing game I played, and I think is one awesomely fun game, and incidentally the first console game I played.

Star Wars Episode 1 racer for N64

Another series I really enjoyed and still do is Metal Gear Solid. All four of them.

I fell in love with Halo: CE. The original was great. The trilogy was good, personally not a big fan of the spinoff stuff like odst or reach.

Starcraft 2 is well amazing would be an understatement.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. The first one. What a game. On a sidenote, I believe when The Old Republic comes out, WoW is toast. Lucasarts showed a long time ago that they could make a kickass MMO with Galaxies, before they ruined it.

Some of the Resident Evil games were epic.

Thats all I can think off for now.

5. Denman_Honda

Denman_Honda Karting

Sep 3, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Chris Denman
    Arcade: 1942, Virtua Fighter (FTW!)

Nintendo: Top Gun, Super Bike, Duck Hunt

Sega: Mortal Kombat

64: Goldeneye (we would have 4 ppl play on the console, put teams of 2 on either side of the room, and use a cardboard divider to make a much more "online" like game play)

PS1: Twisted Metal series (first game played on a rented ps1 lol), then got fixated on the Gran Turismo series.

PC: MSFS, Doom, Nascar 98 I think...

6. dharmadan

dharmadan Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    PA USA
    Full Name:
    dan r
    #81 dharmadan, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Asteroids, Battlezone, Defender/Stargate, Robotron, Centipede, Missile Command, Zaxxon, Spy Hunter.

OUTRUN!!! (Nice mentioning above)

There was that other driving game, in the arcade, that was the first to have force feedback on steering, and brakes. The first version was a Testarossa, and choice of 2 tracks.

The next version, had Testarossa, Corvette, or Miata, manual or auto trans, and several tracks (including a corkscrew, then climbing up at the limits of traction). Anyone remember?

*** edited to add ***

Hard Drivin'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Drivin'
    Image Unavailable, Please Login