(NorVa) Anyone have experience filling holes in front bumper? Looking for recommendation | FerrariChat

(NorVa) Anyone have experience filling holes in front bumper? Looking for recommendation

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by XS29L9B, Dec 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. XS29L9B

XS29L9B Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    ...in my garage
    Long story short, bought a car and the previous owner drilled two holes in the lower front fascia to mount a plate. Looks discrete enough, but still, want the holes gone. Drives me nuts.

Looking for a suggestion on a shop with experience in filling holes such as these. Front of car was re-cleared, so not worried about painting/blending if needed. Just want to remove the two small holes.

Also, because of the screws, the plastic has "pulled" out in the area of where they were drilled. Not much, but a slight crown, and enough to cause an abnormal reflection. I envision having to fill and sand, actually sanding the "crown" down flush again with the rest of the lower fascia.

All recommendations appreciated. I tried Google, but no real info of value.
    Thank you in advance for any insight. Clearly I can't be the only one who
    s wanted - or needed to do this.

2. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    D & V Auto Body in Sterling, VA, is the first place that came to mind.

Although, the job might be too small for them to want to take on.

http://www.dandvautobody.com

Not that it makes much difference, but what kind of car is it?

3. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    I would second DandV. I’ve used them and would again. It’s a small job but they should still do it.

4. XS29L9B

XS29L9B Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    ...in my garage
    Thank you - looks like a very nice shop and may have to set up an appointment to interview them. Car is a GTA.
    I am pretty fussy with shops, but the impression from the website is good. Looks like a couple cars seen at Cars & Coffee are featured in their images, too.

Any other shops for super particular owners? I know this is a small job, but found three small nicks in the paint, also, so would address those at the same time.

Much appreciated, in advance. Thank you

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
  6. XS29L9B

XS29L9B Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    ...in my garage
    Yep, saw that, but looking to specifically fill the fascia, like it was never there.

Clever ideas in the link, and if on my truck, maybe, but not on a sports car.

7. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Since both VA and DC have front plate laws, I've left the holes (although do not display the plate, they're there in case I get stopped).
    I put small semi-flat head screws in and painted them body color.
    Can't really notice them unless you look for them.

Of course, if they bothered me I'd ALWAYS look for them....

8. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    +1 for D&V Autobody. They do top notch work.

9. XS29L9B

XS29L9B Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    ...in my garage
    I'll look at D&V, scheduling an appointment. Thanks. Any others to suggest, or is this the absolute?

10. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I wouldn't trust D&V. The owner is very condescending and makes false promises. I guess I'll give them credit that they do pretty good work, but the process was very long and communication was horrible. Prices are exorbitant as well. No updates, no follow up, nothing.

11. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I've had fantastic experience with D&V, consistently, three separate engagements. They're picking my Cali up from FoW next week after FoW and taking a small ding out of my front bumper. Ron Maharaj is the guy I deal with there. Great guy. I had none of the problems carz80am has had. But I had a terrible experience with one premier indy in the area, different marque, that everyone else raves about. It does happen. No shop is perfect. But D&V is the ONLY body shop I currently trust in NoVA.

12. XS29L9B

XS29L9B Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    ...in my garage
    What did you have done? Was it major work - or something minor like I am after? It might make a difference in overall timing, but not excusing communications.

13. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    It wasn't as minor as yours. Ron may be better to deal with. My dealings were with Kevin and it was terrible. I'm not the only one as I've talked with a few others about their experiences as well.

14. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    carz80am, sorry you had issues. They did a great job on my XKR. I have had them provide 2 estimates for little things (that I passed on), but they were great to deal with. They had an enthusiasm and really knew the cars. Again, not everyone is perfect, and I am sorry that you did not have a positive experience.

15. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Renault Alpine GTA or Alfa GTA?

Pics?

16. XS29L9B

XS29L9B Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    ...in my garage